[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Then you haven't configured something right.

I didn't say that RMX-OS doesn't work with a dial-up connections, you didn't read my post properly.

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 26, 2010, 03:45:20 am
You don't seriously expect the server to work normally on an unreliable type of connection such as dial-up?![/b]

Dial-up connections are not steady, connection timeouts are very frequent and they are slow on top of all. You might be able to support a few clients online and that's that. Dial-up connections usually work on 56kbps connections which means 7kB transfer rate per second. Technically (e.g. when using pixel movement in Blizz-ABS) 7kB per second is the network traffic that can be generated by just one single client.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 27, 2010, 10:42:59 am
that's that. Dial-up connections usually work on 56kbps connections which means 7kB transfer rate per second. Technically (e.g. when using pixel movement in Blizz-ABS) 7kB per second is the network traffic that can be generated by just one single client.

wow 7kB? that not much at all? mot MMO's have 5-8 times that. even the 2D ones like maple story! but ya Dial-up connections and MMO's DON'T work, have you ever wondered why the minimum for most multi-player games is a broadband connection? for ONE client? you likely would have a hard time sporting more than two users... oh and did i forget to tell you that Dial-up connections LOVE to break data streams? the data the client receives has a good chance of being incomplete. that means glitches and errors.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

holy416m

Oh yeah... finally... all worked... but I have a request... You see, everyone's appearance on my game is the same... Is there a script that can let people choose their eyes, hair, mouth etc. in order to create a custom character? Like most games, they can let people choose their own appearance and type in their name... do you have a script like that, Blizzard?

crzyone9584

Quote from: holy416m on March 28, 2010, 11:32:11 pm
Oh yeah... finally... all worked... but I have a request... You see, everyone's appearance on my game is the same... Is there a script that can let people choose their eyes, hair, mouth etc. in order to create a custom character? Like most games, they can let people choose their own appearance and type in their name... do you have a script like that, Blizzard?

So far from what i know the only way to have different characters is to make a starting map where users may choose a avatar and then with an event change the character avatar. Other than that there is no way to customize a user to my knowledge as far what you want.

Blizzard

The only way to do it is the same way we're doing it in Remexos: multiple sprites for each selected character piece.
And no, I don't have a script for that, at least not one that I have released.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

holy416m

Can you, by any chance, create a script like that? Well... I know... probably no... then could you explain to me what you were saying? About that sprite...

Blizzard

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 29, 2010, 03:33:20 am
at least not one that I have released.

And I am not going to release it. It's for Remexos exclusively.
The system with the sprites is simple, it works the same way a visual equipment script does. It displays several sprites for one character (i.e. one sprite for the body, one for the hair, etc.).

holy416m

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 29, 2010, 04:51:52 am
Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 29, 2010, 03:33:20 am
at least not one that I have released.

And I am not going to release it. It's for Remexos exclusively.
The system with the sprites is simple, it works the same way a visual equipment script does. It displays several sprites for one character (i.e. one sprite for the body, one for the hair, etc.).

So... the multiple sprites thing... are there any guide or tutorial about it? Or can you teach me how to do it?  :^_^':

Blizzard

holy416m

holy416m

Okay... Never mind that...(But it's okay if you wanna teach me xD)... Now I got a problem... I have some of your scripts installed in my game... and these are the list AND the order of the scripts:
~Default Scripts~
Tons of Add-ons 1
Tons of Add-ons 2
Tons of Add-ons 3
(RMX-OS) Options
(RMX-OS) Script
Blizz-ABS 1
Blizz-ABS 2
Blizz-ABS 3
EXP in HUD for Blizz-ABS
Quick Weapon Switch for Blizz-ABS
Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS
Advanced Time and Environment System
Global Day-and-Night System
Continuous Maps
Mouse Controller
Unlimited Levels
Full Reflection System
-<:::RMX-OS Main:::>-

Then I playtest it, everything went fine... Went in the server, typed my username and password...
*popup* Script 'Blizz-ABS 3' line 6345: NoMethodError occured.
            undefined method '>' for nil:NilClass                            *popup*
and line 6345 is this:
    if BlizzABS::Config::MINIMAP && $game_system.minimap > 0

Dang... so now what? Champion Blizzard... please help me...  :(

Blizzard

1. Continuous Maps don't work with RMX-OS. I have said that in the Continuous Maps thread.
2. How many times do I have to repeat that Blizz-ABS (among other scripts) corrupts the save data?!

Lost King

Yo, quick problem ;D

So I've decided to try my hand at messing with my RMX-OS project again only to find this error whenever I try to connect:

Script '(RMX-OS) Script' line 2556: Errno::ECONNREFUSED occured.
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The game has worked before, I'm using version 1.09 of RMX-OS, last time I used it was in February, I tried deleting the database and remaking it, which I'm pretty sure got me to this error, before I couldn't manage to get the server to say it was online even when connecting to 127.0.0.1. I haven't changed any parts of the script since I last had it working and I've got the GUI running as well as Hamachi as my server connection thing. Any help?
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

holy416m

Quote from: Lost King on March 31, 2010, 09:04:04 pm
Yo, quick problem ;D

So I've decided to try my hand at messing with my RMX-OS project again only to find this error whenever I try to connect:

Script '(RMX-OS) Script' line 2556: Errno::ECONNREFUSED occured.
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The game has worked before, I'm using version 1.09 of RMX-OS, last time I used it was in February, I tried deleting the database and remaking it, which I'm pretty sure got me to this error, before I couldn't manage to get the server to say it was online even when connecting to 127.0.0.1. I haven't changed any parts of the script since I last had it working and I've got the GUI running as well as Hamachi as my server connection thing. Any help?

Have you ran RMX-OS.rb???

Lost King

I said in my post that I'm using the GUI, but yes, I did also run the .rb file, which gave me the zombie error, which I forgot whether or not showed up last time. But I do know that the GUI worked before.

Blizzard

As I already said, when you upgrade RMX-OS, DO NOT KEEP YOUR OLD CONFIGURATION FILE. Configure the server again instead. It's possible that I added new options and when you don't use a new configuration file, the server will crash because some configurations didn't exist earlier.

Lost King

Thing is, I haven't updated since the last time I used it, when it still worked. I've had version 1.09 working before, but now I get that error.

Blizzard

As I said, get a fresh config file and configure your server again.
Make sure your configuration of the client and the server is correct. If it worked before than that is the only possible problem that there could be.

Lost King

April 01, 2010, 03:17:43 am #578 Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:37:52 am by Lost King
Ahh, that worked, thanks ;D

I really need to make notes somewhere on how to make it work, there's always something that screws me up whenever I get back to working on it.

EDIT: Alas, if only for a second >..>
The error is back, and now I'm lead to believe it's something to do with the extensions. I'm using ATES and the Blizz-ABS Controller, back when I started the project they both worked, and without them enabled the server works, but when I include them in either the box in the GUI or the brackets in the cfg file I get the error from before. They're both up to date, and I spelled the file names correctly, I'm not exactly sure I organized them right in the cfg file, but even when using the GUI it gave me the error, trying to run the .rb file itself instead of the GUI gave me the Prevent_zombie_clients message.

Any help?

Blizzard

Quote from: Professor Ryexander Elm on March 23, 2010, 08:34:32 pm
you should know that the GUI dose not work with that latest version of RMX-OS. you will have to manually create the cfg.ini file get the proper filer from the download and configure it your self with the manual as your guide.