[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holy416m

April 01, 2010, 09:53:31 pm #580 Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:54:45 pm by holy416m
It's me again... Yeah i know i'm annoying but my game just keep giving me errors( it's not my game actually... it's me who is too dumb... :<_<: )... Okay, now no script errors... but it says "Unable to find file Data/Map006.rxdata"... What the...?! I don't have a Map006 and it still wants one? How do I fix it...?

WhiteRose

Quote from: holy416m on April 01, 2010, 09:53:31 pm
It's me again... Yeah i know i'm annoying but my game just keep giving me errors(it's not my game actually... it's me who is too dumb... :<_<:)... Okay, now no script errors... but it says "Unable to find file Data/Map006.rxdata"... What the...?! I don't have a Map006 and it still wants one? How do I fix it...?

This doesn't sound like an RMX-OS issue. It sounds like the Data files for your game are either corrupted, or a few are missing. If you want to check for yourself, look in the Data subfolder of your project folder.

Tyril132

...Did you have a Map 6 and delete it at some point?

You'll get this error if you have an event or script which specifically calls for it (like a transition event, where you move the character to a different map) and the game can't find it anymore. Typically, this means you deleted the map (or made a copy of it) and didn't update your event.
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

holy416m

Okay... now I fixed that... but the old error came back...
Quote*popup* Script 'Blizz-ABS 3' line 6345: NoMethodError occured.
            undefined method '>' for nil:NilClass                            *popup*
and line 6345 is this:

if BlizzABS::Config::MINIMAP && $game_system.minimap > 0

Any suggestions?

Tyril132

April 01, 2010, 10:39:13 pm #584 Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:40:14 pm by Tyril132
That depends. Under what conditions are you experiencing the error?

Are you loading from a previously saved game?

Did you change the order of any of your scripts "fixing" the previous issue?
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack

holy416m

Quote from: Tyril132 on April 01, 2010, 10:39:13 pm
That depends. Under what conditions are you experiencing the error?

Are you loading from a previously saved game?

Did you change the order of any of your scripts "fixing" the previous issue?

Um... no... I just connected to a server, logged in and this error came out... and the order of my script is not custom and is following "The script order of Blizzard's scripts" http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html...

Tyril132

April 01, 2010, 11:01:10 pm #586 Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:04:13 pm by Tyril132
Data saving and loading with RMX-OS doesn't work the same way as it would with a typical game. As this is not a specific area of expertise for me, I welcome someone with more experience to correct me if I make a mistake here:

It is my understanding that RMX-OS saves client data to the SQL database that you assign when setting up the server. Thus, "logging in" to your account is loading this data from the SQL database and passing it to the client, where it interprets this data and then performs a "load game" function. Put simply, logging in is roughly the same thing as loading your game, the data just gets sent to/from a different place.

If you are using a pre-existing account with data that was previously saved, that data already exists in the SQL database. Hence, any saves you made when you were originally experiencing the issue are still corrupt. Changes saved after loading from those files should also be corrupt.

Unless you manually deleted the data from the SQL database or logged in on an account that has no existing data, you're probably getting the same error because the data was never deleted. I don't know enough about the inner workings of RMX-OS to make an accurate statement on whether or not you could still get a corruption issue loading from a new account in a database that has "incompatible" older data, but I would tend to think it would be okay for that particular client.
DSC Project Soundtrack

holy416m

Okay... now it worked but I tried to use an add-on, that is to have the ability to create a custom person... it worked all right in it's demo, but failed in my game...  When I put it above Blizz-ABS and below RMX-OS, it won't pop the menu out before the game. But if I put it below RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS, it says
Script 'Easy Character Creator' line 332: ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)

Here is the script: http://www.decisive-games.com/DGgames/CharacterCreator.zip
I think it's a Blizz-ABS problem... But I'm not sure...

WhiteRose

Quote from: holy416m on April 02, 2010, 12:38:55 am
Okay... now it worked but I tried to use an add-on, that is to have the ability to create a custom person... it worked all right in it's demo, but failed in my game...  When I put it above Blizz-ABS and below RMX-OS, it won't pop the menu out before the game. But if I put it below RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS, it says
Script 'Easy Character Creator' line 332: ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)

Here is the script: http://www.decisive-games.com/DGgames/CharacterCreator.zip
I think it's a Blizz-ABS problem... But I'm not sure...

I may be mistaken, but I don't think the Character Creator is compatible with Blizz-ABS.

Jackolas

its the way Babs uses the grafics.
the Character Creator you linked up will never work

holy416m

Could anyone help me to find one which is compatible with RMX-OS AND Blizz-ABS??? But I think the answer's probably no...

Jackolas

I can save you to look for one..

there is none. nobody ever made one that works wit Babs.
if you need it than someone needs to create a new one.
best bet is the script request section

Ryex

this however is a VERY advanced request as it is basically a visual equipment system but it has to transmit the data necessary for the other clients to recreate the players sprite.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

holy416m

Okay I'll forget about this... I have another question... If I made an online game, and I changed something in the game, I have to let other people who plays my game to update their clients right? If so, how do I do that? I wanna make a patching thing that could block anyone not with the latest patch, and until they patch theirs, otherwise they could not get in the game...  :???:

Tyril132

April 02, 2010, 11:24:27 pm #594 Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:30:46 pm by Tyril132
I don't believe that a patch/file verification service is something that is realistically achievable through scripting. It's technically possible, but not feasible.
You would basically have two, possibly three, options.

1) Use a file synchronization tool, like SVN.
2) Develop a stand-alone patching tool using a real programming language.
3) It might be technically possible to have the user client send a "version number" through a global variable and have RMX-OS check this number against the server's variable for a match (ie: the client sends a hard-coded number that you manually change with each release; if it's a different number from the "live" version there will be a mismatch,) but someone with more experience working with RMX-OS would have to weigh in on that.

The first method is the easiest of the three by a pretty big margin.

Edit: Clarification.
DSC Project Soundtrack

Ryex

Quote from: Tyril132 on April 02, 2010, 11:24:27 pm
3) It might be technically possible to have the user client send a "version number" through a global variable and have RMX-OS check this number against the server's variable for a match (ie: the client sends a hard-coded number that you manually change with each release; if it's a different number from the "live" version there will be a mismatch,) but someone with more experience working with RMX-OS would have to weigh in on that.

this is already implemented with the VERSION variable in the CFG if the clients number is less that the server number it won't let them connect.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

holy416m

Quote from: Professor Ryexander Elm on April 03, 2010, 02:35:06 am
Quote from: Tyril132 on April 02, 2010, 11:24:27 pm

this is already implemented with the VERSION variable in the CFG if the clients number is less that the server number it won't let them connect.

What??? Can you teach me how to do it??? Step by step? Please...?

Tyril132

April 03, 2010, 02:45:47 am #597 Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:51:31 am by Tyril132
It's in the manual.

2.1 - Server Configuration:
QuoteRMXOS_VERSION
Defines the server version. It's used for version checking of clients connecting. It should be less or equal to a client's version in order to make the client able to connect. This is mainly used to prevent older clients from connecting to a newer server.

...You should already have been in the config file while setting up the server, check for the RMXOS Version and set it manually.

Change it when you push an update.

You need to change it in both the server configuration file, and in the individual script that is included in the game client.
DSC Project Soundtrack

holy416m

Quote from: Tyril132 on April 03, 2010, 02:45:47 am
It's in the manual.

2.1 - Server Configuration:
QuoteRMXOS_VERSION
Defines the server version. It's used for version checking of clients connecting. It should be less or equal to a client's version in order to make the client able to connect. This is mainly used to prevent older clients from connecting to a newer server.

...You should already have been in the config file while setting up the server, check for the RMXOS Version and set it manually.

Change it when you push an update.

You need to change it in both the server configuration file, and in the individual script that is included in the game client.

Wait...
Quoteless or equal to a client's version

Shouldn't it be equal ONLY? If less than the client's version can connect, then the older versions can connect too right? The version keep increasing ex.1.01, 1.02, 1.03... then what do i do if i want only the equal ones can connect? And by the way, if I change it in both my cfg file and my script, i'm changing my client, not the server right? Even if I changed it, can the server detect others whose client is older and ask them to update?

Tyril132

QuoteShouldn't it be equal ONLY? If less than the client's version can connect, then the older versions can connect too right? The version keep increasing ex.1.01, 1.02, 1.03... then what do i do if i want only the equal ones can connect?

The wording is little tricky. I understand how it can be a little confusing, as it threw me for a loop when I read it the first time, too.

Notice it says less than or equal to the client, not the server.

If the client's version is 1, and the server's version is 1: the server is the same as the client, so the client can connect.
If the client's version is 1, and the server's version is 2: the server is GREATER THAN the client. The client cannot connect.

The only way it's possible for a client's version to be higher than the server's version is if the client's version number is changed and the server's is not. This isn't possible unless you let the users edit the project file directly or you forget to update both version numbers when you push the client update.

QuoteAnd by the way, if I change it in both my cfg file and my script, i'm changing my client, not the server right? Even if I changed it, can the server detect others whose client is older and ask them to update?

If you change your server cfg.ini file, you are updating the server version number.
If you change your script VERSION (line 63,) you are updating the client version number.

...Make your changes to a duplicate copy of your project (updated maps, additional scripts, whatever.) When you're done, update the version in the script. Now you have the "old version" which is the one that's currently live, and the "new" version which is your working version.

When you're ready to release your working version, make it available to your players and change the version in your server configuration file to match it.
DSC Project Soundtrack