[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holy416m

Wow... that made everything clear! Thanks a bunch! *lvl up*!  :D

holy416m

Okay... last question... Why everyone on my server's starting is lv 50?!

Subsonic_Noise

Double post is a cool guy. Eh posts two times in 24 hours and doesn't afraid of anything.

Tyril132

Sorry, I'm on my way out for the night... but...

Did you check your actors' starting levels in the database?

If those are initialized to level 1, then your level is probably being modified by an event in play. Have you created any "debugging" events that you forgot to switch off?
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

holy416m

Quote from: Tyril132 on April 03, 2010, 06:00:19 am
Sorry, I'm on my way out for the night... but...

Did you check your actors' starting levels in the database?

If those are initialized to level 1, then your level is probably being modified by an event in play. Have you created any "debugging" events that you forgot to switch off?

My actors' starting levels are 1 and... no... no events...  :O.o:

Ryex

April 03, 2010, 06:29:54 pm #605 Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:31:20 pm by Professor Ryexander Elm
Hey Blzz I have noticed a very strange error with add ons, for some reason they will randomly stop responding, this is very common with addons that have their own server thread ie the global ATES. I was testing it to day and for some reason it just stopped sending the time and the ates didn't update.
the server also seems to have a tendency to not notice when some one logs off. when this happens the chat usually locks up too and any messages you send won't appear in the chat box, and sometimes when that happens saving when you cross maps stops working too. any idea what is going on?

the more I look at this it seems like the threads the server is using are falling asleep and not being picked back up. but that is just a guess and I really don't know what is going on.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Wizered67

April 03, 2010, 11:35:22 pm #606 Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:25:45 pm by Wizered67
whenever I try to trade, when I do confirm or abort, I get an undefined method error on line 4024. the line is
@trade_wait_window.set_text(RMXOS::Data::TradeNoPlayer)

Since I figured out this is to check if the other player is there, I tried commenting it out and it works when I try to trade with myself. However, it still gives the same error otherwise....

edit: I fixed the error where the X key didnt work by getting tons custom controls. Also, for custom controls, can you change what button is equal to f6, because whenever I do, it doesnt act as if I had used f6.

Thebluejester

Hello Blizz + Everyone :P

I am having an error with your script :(. When I run the server it just opens then closed right away, if I used "SciTE" it tells me:
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>Exit code: 3"

Any ideas? When I use the GUI, it tells me that the database is fine, the connection is working and the settings are fine, but when I start the server I get the same error?

I am using 1.09 by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this script looks totally amazing!

Kett Shee

Quote from: Thebluejester on April 06, 2010, 12:03:07 am

I'm pretty sure the GUI doesn't work with 1.09 currently.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

WhiteRose

Quote from: Thebluejester on April 06, 2010, 12:03:07 am
Hello Blizz + Everyone :P

I am having an error with your script :(. When I run the server it just opens then closed right away, if I used "SciTE" it tells me:
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>Exit code: 3"

Any ideas? When I use the GUI, it tells me that the database is fine, the connection is working and the settings are fine, but when I start the server I get the same error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this script looks totally amazing!

Are you sure you installed and updated Ruby correctly? Do other Ruby scripts run properly?

Thebluejester

It doesn't work with or without the GUI, which does seem to work. And I do have ruby installed and I have been using it for quite a while. But yes I am starting to think it something wrong with my computer. Any kind of networking or TCP stuff with ruby is not working, I checked after I posted, I can get ruby scripts to connect but can not send or receive anything. If I connect to the net with a ruby script e.g. a time server, it works fine, but if I connect to my own pc in any way no messages get through. So I suppose its my pc, so I will have to try and sort out whats going on there. Thanks for you help WhiteRose and Cait Sith. :D

Blizzard

Quote from: Ryex on April 02, 2010, 10:42:57 am
this however is a VERY advanced request as it is basically a visual equipment system but it has to transmit the data necessary for the other clients to recreate the players sprite.

O_o It already does. The weapon ID and the armor IDs of the other players are transmitted via the Blizz-ABS plugin. Visual Equipment just makes sure that it displays everything.

Quote from: Ryex on April 03, 2010, 06:29:54 pm
Hey Blzz I have noticed a very strange error with add ons, for some reason they will randomly stop responding, this is very common with addons that have their own server thread ie the global ATES. I was testing it to day and for some reason it just stopped sending the time and the ates didn't update.
the server also seems to have a tendency to not notice when some one logs off. when this happens the chat usually locks up too and any messages you send won't appear in the chat box, and sometimes when that happens saving when you cross maps stops working too. any idea what is going on?

the more I look at this it seems like the threads the server is using are falling asleep and not being picked back up. but that is just a guess and I really don't know what is going on.

I'm not sure what's causing this. Could you turn on all log options and try to see if the server can catch something?

Quote from: Wizered67 on April 03, 2010, 11:35:22 pm
whenever I try to trade, when I do confirm or abort, I get an undefined method error on line 4024. the line is
@trade_wait_window.set_text(RMXOS::Data::TradeNoPlayer)

Since I figured out this is to check if the other player is there, I tried commenting it out and it works when I try to trade with myself. However, it still gives the same error otherwise....

edit: I fixed the error where the X key didnt work by getting tons custom controls. Also, for custom controls, can you change what button is equal to f6, because whenever I do, it doesnt act as if I had used f6.

I'll look into it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

edwardthefma

blizzard if you need a a place to test rmx-os on your own
out side your own server i can get you access to shelliums shmmo
shell for you to test with outside your own server
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Wizered67

Quote from: Ryexander on April 03, 2010, 06:29:54 pm

I'm not quite sure if this is what he's talking about, but sometimes ATES time will be like 13:32 when it should be 13:53. However, restarting the server fixes this...

Oh and sometimes, when I send messages, it will appear at the very bottom of the chatbox even if there have been no other messages so far...

crzyone9584

April 06, 2010, 06:23:27 pm #614 Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:36:29 pm by crzyone9584
Quote from: Wizered67 on April 06, 2010, 04:58:17 pm
Oh and sometimes, when I send messages, it will appear at the very bottom of the chatbox even if there have been no other messages so far...

How I've seen the chat system work is that if you type a message it will go to the bottom. When a new message is arrived the old message moves up. The chat system is in a reverse state from a regular chat system in mmo where new chats are at top and older ones are on the bottom.

EDIT* Just read blizz retired... I know kinda late on reading that! But with his retirement will anyone pick up RMX-OS? Add new features work out bugs and what not?

Ryex

Blizz said him self that he will continue to support RMX-OS for at least a little while longer until he can be sure that the errors are gone.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

crzyone9584

Quote from: Ryexander on April 06, 2010, 08:41:27 pm
Blizz said him self that he will continue to support RMX-OS for at least a little while longer until he can be sure that the errors are gone.

So he will basically just fix the errors. Man that is a total bummer.

Kett Shee

Well you gotta kind of give the guy a break, Blizz has been working on RMXP for a while so if anything he deserves retirement.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Ryex

April 06, 2010, 11:07:30 pm #618 Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:31:19 am by Ryexander
@Blizz I'm almost sure that the errors are caused by threads sleeping and not waking up (strange as that sounds) how ever I'm unable to do any more meaning full testing as i do not under stand the subject.

I give you the results
I edited the code a bit to log a message just before a thread went to sleep.
i placed these log points in the matnence and anti_zombie threads as well as the main thread for the ATES addon
I then proceed to test the server.
the first time I started the server the threads making the logs hung after the first sleep command. there was only one message in the files and it stayed that way
the second time it worked normally, the files grew in size as the messages kept getting printed
the third time it hung again.
it worked fine for the next 20-30 times then it hung again and then worked for another 50 or so times.
I have no idea what is causing this and I did not run the server for any length of time so I can't say if it would of hung latter.
I did look up some info on 1.9 threading modal it appears that it creates green threads and then links them to system threads but controls them with a global interpreter lock allowing only one to execute at a time could this setup be causing strange problems? causing the threads to hang? if so it would explain a lot of behavior, including the ATES not sending time updates, and the BABS add-on suddenly ceasing to control monsters.

Blizzard

Do you think it's possible the anti-zombie thread accidentally kills threads it shouldn't?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.