[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jcsnider

Well, my game dosnt even have trading of items due to it being pokemon so I cant say...

Ryex

just telling us you have an error dose no good what so ever. you have to tell us WHAT the error is.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Wizered67

I already posted it and blizz said he noted it, but it seems like I'm the only one getting it. The error is

undefined method 'set_text'

jcsnider

If Blizz says he noted it, that means it will be worked on. But I doubt it will be fixed until there is a new version of RMX-OS

Wizered67

ok, thanks. It just seemed like no one besides me gets it because on Nathmatts character drop down menu, trading is one of the options.

nathmatt

here search for class Window Button

and replace the class with this

#==============================================================================
# Window_Button
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Wraps the command window into a button-like appearance.
#==============================================================================

class Window_Button < Window_Selectable

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Initialization.
  #  x       - x coordinate
  #  y       - y coordinate
  #  width   - window width
  #  command - command to be displayed
  def initialize(x, y, width, command)
    super(x, y, width, 64)
    self.x, self.y = x, y
    self.index = -1
    #self.active = false
    @command = command
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, 32)
    refresh
  end
  # Change text.
  def set_text(text)
   @command = text if @command != text
   refresh
  end
  # Refreshes the display.
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    self.contents.draw_text(0, 0, width - 32, 32, @command, 1)
  end

end

he just forgot to define the set_text
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Wizered67

oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I can finally trade! Thank you! Thank you! I bow before your majesty!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

jcsnider

Here is an update on the thread situation...

Basically sometime last night the server went into its sleep mode.

So this morning I tested the threads like last night, I tested thread 4 or thread [3] due to starting count at 0 and it was running. Then I did a thread.list.inspect and there were ALOT of threads.
screenie: ShowHide

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but it dosnt look right XD.

Ryex

well Blizz I did some tests of my own and normally when you log out your removed form the $clients array and they connection thread closes so i have no clue why the server is sitting with 31 threads. there was certainly never 27 people online
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

jcsnider

Ok I have been monitoring the RMX-OS server like a hawk today and I think I have fount some good information which was prove RMX-OS innocent of any bugs/errors...

Basically I had fount that the server would get no errors, then it would get 2 errors at a time saying connection forcably closed...

When this happend I checked how many clients were connected. The answer was 9. Basically whenever the users were getting over 10, it would kick one or two of them.

I didnt look at how many threads there were, I had already taken the server down but my theory is that when the connection is forceably closed it dosn't close the thread? Maybe?

Now, hooking all of this together... Windows 2000 has a 10 concurrent connection limit (Found by Ryex) so it may turn out to be the 10 connection limit.

Anyways, the second I can I plan to
1. Install Win2000 Server
or
2. Install Ubuntu server

And that will prove the problem :p

I will then report back.

nathmatt

i have a question what is called on my end when some1 sends me a trade/party/guild invite i want to make a small yes/no window for it but don't know where i would call it
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Wizered67

Trust me, I'm just happy that trading works, but is there any reason that you can only trade items? I think it would be a lot better if you could trade weapons and armour also.

Blizzard

Does the thread problem happen on every PC? I'll take a deeper look at that. It's possible that Ruby is having problems. I know that I never had problems with other threads being inactive.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

Hello all,
I already made a message like this, but my log in time passed out, so I have to rewrite it  :'(, so I will keep this short.

I find this an awesome script, but I keep on getting tons of errors when I try to run the queries:
I tried to run the RMX-OS SQL Datababase file and after that the update files, but it didn't work.
When I try to run the Database file, I get this error:
Script line: 11   Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails
It's on the line that says it has to drop down guilds.
When I try to run the 0.83 to 0.84 file, I get this error:
Script line: 7   You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
When I try to run the 0.87 to 0.9 file, I get this error:
Script line: 8   Table 'guilds' already exists
But I guess that's because I first ran the RMX-OS SQL Database file.
However, the 1.01 to 1.08 file gives no problems.
I'm using MySQL Query Browser.

And I've got another question: Where should I use Localhost and where my real IP? When I try to use my real IP in the script, the script is hanging.

I know these are alot of questions, but I hope you can still answer them  :^_^:.

Uhm, short, yeah, right...  :^_^':

Oh, and Blizz, you're the best!

-SBR*

jcsnider

When Ryex tested RMX-OS on his computer he had 4 threads and yes, only 1 was running.

Also, I have an Ubuntu computer up and running. It had the same error with the 10 current connection because it is virtual and the host was 2000 pro. I have run a hack and it will now allow more than 10 connections. I will see if everything is working when I get home.

If so, it was a win2000 thing.

Blizzard

That's very likely. >.<

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jcsnider

I believe so too. But 1 time the server gave a out of connections error or something similar it never happened again.

Blizzard

XP's limited to 50 connections, that may be it.

SBR*

Hmmm, well, now he does nothing anymore >.<. When I try to connect, he doesn't accept Localhost or 127.0.0.1 as host... Strange O.o. Yesterday it worked fine...

jcsnider

I let the server run all day today while I was at school. When I came back, I logged on and was able to use the chatbox and save. The ATES however was not working properly.

Anyways. The Ubuntu server and the host win2000 hack seemed to work. I have requested my father to bring the server home and I will install Ubuntu as the main operating system which will remove a limit of connections what so ever.

The only weird thing I have left though, is that even though 6 people were online. When I tried to use print Thread.list.inspect over 50 threads came up. O.o

I am not sure if this means anything, from in-game the server looked fine. Overall I am okay if it stays that way but I am concerned that it maybe consuming ram or maybe a bug of not closing the threads completely.

Other than that everything is now fine and it seems like it was just windows blocking the server.