[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

Quote from: jcsnider on April 19, 2010, 04:17:22 pm

The only weird thing I have left though, is that even though 6 people were online. When I tried to use print Thread.list.inspect over 50 threads came up. O.o

this will most definitely end up as a problem if the sever runs for more than a few days. perhaps wee need some sort of thread controller in the main operation thread to make sure threads close and run properly.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

SBR*

Sorry for the second time I post this, but nobody replied to my other post  :^_^':.

Well, I'm trying to make my RMX-OS game work, but I have got a problem: Two days ago it still worked fine. Well, fine, I was at least able to log into the MySQL Query Browser. I tried to run the queries, but they gave errors. The next day (yesterday) I wasn't able to log into MySQL Query Browser anymore at all. The strange thing is: Nothing responds to Localhost or that other numbers that equal Localhost. MySQL, the RMX-OS GUI, everywhere the computer says that Localhost isn't allowed to connect to the MySQL server. The exact error:

Could not connect to the specified instance.

MySQL Error Number 1130
Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

If you want to check the network connection, please click the Ping button.

That's the error for the MySQL Query Browser. For the GUI:

The object reference is not set to a copy of this object.

Thanks in advance!

-SBR*

jcsnider

It is a MySql user problem. Considering it isn't working with your query browser and what not you can determine that it is NOT a RMX-OS error so just google it.

SBR*

Quote from: jcsnider on April 22, 2010, 07:09:26 am
It is a MySql user problem. Considering it isn't working with your query browser and what not you can determine that it is NOT a RMX-OS error so just google it.

I googled it (yay!) and I found half of the solution. I first stopped the MySQL service, then cd'd a prompt to the bin folder and use 'mysqld --stop-grant-tables'. In an other prompt, cd'd to the bin folder, I use 'mysqld --update-check --all-databases --auto-repair' and I can log in. I go to the command line client and use 'CREATE USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY "MY PASSWORD (I WON'T TELL YOU!)"', but it says that it can't do that, because the MySQL server is running with --skip-grant-tables. I tried to google how to stop --skip-grant-tables, but I couldn't find it. Anybody has a solution? Thank you in advance!

-SBR*

Ryex

@Blizz JC got the server running under Ubuntu today and within four hours with about 15 avg connections the server crashed/stopped responding  with 64 threads in the Thread.list array. there were only 16 clients in the $clients array at the time.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I never had problems like that on Windows XP. :/ I wonder if Ubuntu's Ruby version has problems with multi-threading.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jcsnider

April 23, 2010, 06:53:17 am #666 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:59:56 am by jcsnider
For ubuntu I got the ruby package by typing "sudo apt-get install ruby1.9.1-full" into the terminal. That is strait from the Ruby website. That version and the windows version should be the same.

Edit: Here is a picture of the threads... the server THINKS there is 50 people online. There are 74 threads though. Which is nothing compared to 15 people with 60 something threads like yesterday
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Did you say that you had the ANTI_ZOMBIE_CLIENT option on or off?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jcsnider

Prevent Zombie CLients is true

Ryex

and if I remember right we had the same problem with the threads on windows too

Blizzard

April 23, 2010, 09:08:01 am #670 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:57:58 pm by Blizzard
I hope that I can reproduce the bug. If I can, there is nothing in my way fixing it.

EDIT: Nope. :/ I couldn't reproduce it whatever I tried. I put up v1.1 which has a slightly different disconnection method, maybe that will solve the problem. In any case, you should try it.

jcsnider

April 23, 2010, 04:53:07 pm #671 Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:31:10 am by jcsnider
"Server did not respond." Is the error I am getting when I try to hit the enter key on the server list... any ideas?

Edit: I just re-tried and it worked...

Ryex

well it appears that the threads are no longer sticking around when successful disconnects. thats one problem down. however the server can still go into a "sleep like" state where it doesn't notice disconnections and the chat box doesn't respond (any messages sent do not appear in that chat box) etc. sometimes you can change maps a few times but most of the time the script will hang on a map change.
new users can still join and login to which is weird. as those messages are process in the same thread as the client right? so if the client thread is not processing messages why can users still log in? thought the login screen dose not seem to time out and disconnect as it should
as there is no visible flaw in the flow of the code for RMX-OS that could cause this. I'm lead to believe that the thread the client is running under stops executing at some point meaning that messages aren't processed.
could this be a threading problem? the fact that Threads.list produces a list off all thread but only the thread from which the command is called in running while all other sleep still seems strange to me. if they are really thread and not green thread (which are pointless for a server application as I understand it) then at least one of thous 15 odd threads should be running also.
Global Interrupter Lock perhaps?
ruby only runs one thread

arialks

wow I'm trying to install MySQL but everytime I do it asks for a premession for everything and wont let me use anything ><"
I need to "Choose Detailed Configuration." I have no idea how, IDK how to use the MySQL ><"

SBR*

Quote from: arialks on April 25, 2010, 09:17:06 am
wow I'm trying to install MySQL but everytime I do it asks for a premession for everything and wont let me use anything ><"
I need to "Choose Detailed Configuration." I have no idea how, IDK how to use the MySQL ><"

In the first installation, you just have to keep on clicking, then it asks you if you want to configure now or later. Choose 'configure now' and you can do the detailed configuration  :haha:. Good luck!

arialks

doesn't shopw me, you know there is a chance I'm just not downloading the right thing, is this what I'm suppose to download?
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mirror.php?id=387772#mirrors if not can you please give me the correct download? thanks :P

Blizzard

Quote from: Ryexander on April 24, 2010, 08:30:07 pm
well it appears that the threads are no longer sticking around when successful disconnects. thats one problem down. however the server can still go into a "sleep like" state where it doesn't notice disconnections and the chat box doesn't respond (any messages sent do not appear in that chat box) etc. sometimes you can change maps a few times but most of the time the script will hang on a map change.
new users can still join and login to which is weird. as those messages are process in the same thread as the client right? so if the client thread is not processing messages why can users still log in? thought the login screen dose not seem to time out and disconnect as it should
as there is no visible flaw in the flow of the code for RMX-OS that could cause this. I'm lead to believe that the thread the client is running under stops executing at some point meaning that messages aren't processed.
could this be a threading problem? the fact that Threads.list produces a list off all thread but only the thread from which the command is called in running while all other sleep still seems strange to me. if they are really thread and not green thread (which are pointless for a server application as I understand it) then at least one of thous 15 odd threads should be running also.
Global Interrupter Lock perhaps?
ruby only runs one thread

It works like this. When you use p Thread.list in the prompt, the currently executing thread is the Ruby prompt thread while all the others have to be asleep.

I think Thread.list only displays the internal application threads within your currently running instance of the Ruby Interpreter. All other threads are mostly irrelevant anyway.

BTW, v1.11 is up. I forgot to fix the trading bug the last time.

Wizered67

April 25, 2010, 03:29:39 pm #677 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:56:10 pm by Wizered67
well, i've tried the newest version and I have noticed one thing for sure

before, the ates would work at first but then later stop updating time. However, now this occurs immediatley. I'm not quite sure why this is, but could it be that when you updated something you need to now update the ates pluggin?

edit: the user logger isnt working also

edit 2: Out of curiosity, if someone was playing my game, would they be able to go through the server to hack my computer?

arialks

wow why did I even try ><" this is so messed up, it installed MySQL wrong or something, whatever, but it blocks me like I dont have premmision to that folder, now I can delete it
means I can't freacking reinstall it as well, and I have that useless folder in program files, that wont give me an acces to it

jcsnider

Well, stop the mysql service and then it should let you edit the files it uses.