[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

if your having this much trouble then you should consider giving up and finding something less technically involved, running a server is going to be a huge challenge for you if you know this little about using a computer.
in answer to your question. have your tried maybe looking at the help file your your manager? I can guarantee you that you will find a section about running SQL queries. one you find the interface you need just copy paste the code from the file into the editor and press start or execute or what ever your manager has.

OR have you even tried going to "file, open" if you find an option that says "sql script" then use it, navigate to the database sql script and open it. it should then bring up an interface to run the script.

if you can figure this out then you should REALLY consider giving up. this is the VERY VERY EASY part of running a server.

also the IP address you use in your Config will either need to be 127.0.0.1 if you plan on using it on your computer or you EXTERNAL IP if you want others to be able to connect.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

jcsnider

Quote from: Ryexander on April 27, 2010, 08:22:17 pm
if your having this much trouble then you should consider giving up and finding something less technically involved, running a server is going to be a huge challenge for you if you know this little about using a computer.
in answer to your question. have your tried maybe looking at the help file your your manager? I can guarantee you that you will find a section about running SQL queries. one you find the interface you need just copy paste the code from the file into the editor and press start or execute or what ever your manager has.

OR have you even tried going to "file, open" if you find an option that says "sql script" then use it, navigate to the database sql script and open it. it should then bring up an interface to run the script.

if you can figure this out then you should REALLY consider giving up. this is the VERY VERY EASY part of running a server.

also the IP address you use in your Config will either need to be 127.0.0.1 if you plan on using it on your computer or you EXTERNAL IP if you want others to be able to connect.

I agree with this completely. Although, I remember my first time trying to use Netplay 2.0 O.o, Blizz and I were in a convo for over 2 hrs and he was trying to walk me though how to set up MySql... I think we finally got it working and I didnt like it XD.

Blizzard

I remember. In fact I was doing most of it on your PC via Remote Desktop. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jcsnider

Yup :D.
I know we talked about the battle system you said it would be awhile before you could do but do you know if you will have any time in the near future to work out the thread errors?

Blizzard

I can't reproduce the errors so I see no chance to fix it. :/

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

well next week when I finally have the time. I will try to run an test involving keeping track of the time stamps when a tread runs by saving a message to a file every minute or so. if Jc cooperates perhaps we can find out what is going on.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

jcsnider

Wizered67

when are you planning on updating the user logger and ATES plugging so that they work with the new version?

Blizzard

Wizered67

I don't mean to sound impatient, but do you know when you're going to release your updater?

Blizzard

After I finish the documentation.

Wizered67

ok, sounds good. I'll be waiting

edwardthefma

---------------------------
Eris online
Script 'Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS' line 765: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `damage' for nil:NilClass
OK   
with the newest ver of rmx os  with blizz abs controler
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Feildmaster

Okay...
Since there are people with errors for MYSQL...

1- UNINSTALL, Apache AND Mysql... (EVERY PROGRAM OF IT)
2- Clean the computer. (By using a program like this: CCleaner)
2.1- After downloading and installing select {Run Cleaner} (it deletes unnecessary files)
2.2- Click on Registry
2.3- Scan for Issues
2.4- Fix Selected Issues
2.5- Select no to backup registry (its a pain, and you wouldn't know what to do with the backup anyway)
2.6- Fix All Issues
2.7 Repeat 2.3-2.6 until no issues are found
2.8 Restart your computer (IMPORTANT, When uninstalling things, people never do this, when they SHOULD, [creates errors])
2.7 Do process 2.3-2.6 to make sure there are no issues
3- Download the EASIEST server package in the world... WampServer (Windows)
4- Install it. It comes complete with every other program you need.

There, that should help EVERYONE that has problems with mysql. -_-
Pokemon Neon Characters: ShowHide

Blizzard

WAMP/XAMP is definitely an option. I'm just letting people figure that out by themselves. :P
I included it in the manual for the next version, though. I'm getting sick of stupid questions even though I specifically said in the FAQ not to ask me how to set up a working network. -_-

nathmatt

your script no longer checks to see if the user is already a buddy and causes the server to crash when you try to add them again
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Are you 100% sure about that? You are using the most recent versions, right?

nathmatt

yea im using the most recent version from what i could tell from the log see
Spoiler: ShowHide
2010-05-19 19:18:58 UTC; 2 (nathan) - Error:
Duplicate entry '1-2' for key 'PRIMARY'
./Data/Action_Handler2.rb:139:in `query'
./Data/Action_Handler2.rb:139:in `execute_buddy_add'
./Data/Action_Handler1.rb:121:in `execute_yes'
./Extensions/Blizz-ABS.rb:354:in `execute_yes'
./Data/Client.rb:477:in `check_normal_commands'
./Data/Client.rb:50:in `handle'
./Data/Server.rb:253:in `block in run'

errors because of the duplicate entry
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard