[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

matzz22

Can someone please help me? Thank you...
I have been having a problem once start the game, the server shows "Online" , but when i click "Enter" to join or like start the game it shows this error:

By the way this is a great script! :)

Blizzard

Empty your database.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

matzz22

Thank u , it helped but then another error came up :(

Blizzard

Make sure you are running the newest version of the client and the server and make sure that the server and client configuration is set up right. Also, check the server for error messages.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

dudenextdoor

Hello all

I've been trying your script (looks awsome from what i read), i installed every thing on your manual, read it some 3 or 4 times, configured the INI file using the GUI, then modified it manualy, and etc, from this side of the screen, i think I did all i'm suposed to, but when i launch the server, it goes 'Running' and immedialy (not even 1 sec) it goes down, i got all firewalls off, got router unpllugged (18+Mb cable connection direct plugged) and continues same thing

the actual .ini i'm using (after trying add the manual commands the GUI dont create) is this:

Spoiler: ShowHide

NAME = 'TESTE'
HOST = 'localhost'
PORT = 54269
RMXOS_VERSION = 1.14

LOG_MESSAGES = true
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

DEBUG_MODE = true

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 30
AUTO_RESTART = false
RESTART_TIME = 5

PREVENT_ZOMBIE_CLIENTS = true

OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = true
DATABASE_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 60

SQL_HOSTNAME = 'localhost'
SQL_USERNAME = 'root'
SQL_PASSWORD = 'testing'
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb'

INBOX_SIZE = 10

EXTENSIONS = [
''
]

i'm using your latest version (found on 1st post of this topic), have the latest MySQL 5x+, created database using a SQL Manager Lite something (shareware) then installed WAMP (as suggested on page 34+ of this topic) and launchhed phpMyAdmon wich can access the database (after i add the password on the config_inc.php)

i used the PFPPortChecker.exe to check the ports (as suggested on page 20+) and the 54269 is open

on the GUI .exe i 'test' the database and it says is working, but as i said, when i click 'Run Server' it blinks runing and goes off immedialy

I imagine you be tired of many posts about people getting this issue, but  i googled, i read all the posts of this topic and even did a Search on this forum, but couldn't find the sollution, since it just dont launch, and i never had problems in host servers, so any ideas?

thank you.

Blizzard

This is a very informative post and all, but you didn't give me the error message that the server displayed to you. xD

dudenextdoor

July 02, 2010, 07:20:18 pm #786 Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:22:25 pm by dudenextdoor
i launch the server using the GUI file (i realy cant find the info for use through cmd.exe) and i dont get any message, all the GUI do is 'Runing' then 'Not Runing' no matter how many times i click 'Run Server' it just dont go on

this why i'm having dificulties find a sollution, if i could get server to run and get some error message would be easier to solve, but right now, i dont get anay errors, it just dont boot, and all the 'checks' i do it seems be properly set...

WhiteRose

I haven't used RMX-OS for a while, but try running the server without the GUI tool and see if that helps at all. If I remember correctly, the GUI was built for an older version of RMX-OS and may no longer be completely compatible.

Blizzard

What WhiteRose said. You should run RMX-OS manually.

luchs

Hi,

I have two problems with the RMX-OS Script. I use the latest Version. My English is not good, so i have created a small video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHd5hgGzHrs

problem 1:
the game lags when another player connect and move around.

problem 2:
when Player 1 go to another map. player 2 is shown at the other map too.

can anyone help me?

Blizzard

These problems cannot happen with the current version except if you are running it with Blizz-ABS in which case the bugs were reported weeks ago already. And I can't get to find the cause and fix it because it's impossible to track down the bug with one PC connected to the server.

As for the lag, make sure the network connection speed is adequate. You can't expect a server to run smoothly on a modem or ISDN connection.

luchs

okay...

i use it with blizz-abs.

network-connection is over vdsl (20Mbit/s). the server has a 100Mbit/s uplink.

rly strange... i will check it without blizz-abs.

Thanks for help!

luchs

July 05, 2010, 11:24:40 am #792 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:28:53 am by luchs
@Blizzard, without blizz-abs and the controller it works rly perfect!

can i help u to find the bug?

btw... a game-client with rmx-os works great under linux with wine! tested by me xD

Blizzard

Glad to hear it's running on wine. xD

It's a bit tricky. I first need to buy a new laptop before I can do anything.

[Luke]

Quote from: dudenextdoor on July 02, 2010, 07:20:18 pm
i launch the server using the GUI file (i realy cant find the info for use through cmd.exe) and i dont get any message, all the GUI do is 'Runing' then 'Not Runing' no matter how many times i click 'Run Server' it just dont go on

this why i'm having dificulties find a sollution, if i could get server to run and get some error message would be easier to solve, but right now, i dont get anay errors, it just dont boot, and all the 'checks' i do it seems be properly set...

Here comes the error message from my case, quite the same symptoms.
Spoiler: ShowHide
>ruby RMX-OS.rb
RMX-OS.rb:103:in `require': no such file to load -- ./Extensions/.rb (LoadError)
   from RMX-OS.rb:103:in `block in load_extensions'
   from RMX-OS.rb:98:in `each'
   from RMX-OS.rb:98:in `load_extensions'
   from RMX-OS.rb:169:in `<main>'
==========================================================================
RMX-OS Server v1.14
Loading extensions...
>Exit code: 1

I bet that's the " EXTENSIONS = [''] " part from the cfg file that's guilty.

Oookey, and I'm pretty sure I'll be posting here some "how-to-add-that-script" questions.

stripe103

I believe it is. Have you tried to change it to:
EXTENSIONS = [""]

[Luke]

Quote from: stripe103 on July 06, 2010, 12:42:44 pm
I believe it is. Have you tried to change it to:
EXTENSIONS = [""]

Yep. Hasn't changed anything. The problem is, probably, that somehow this line don't work.
if EXTENSIONS.size > 0

I'm quite new to RUBY, so: where the heck is the value of EXTENSIONS.size coming from?

Blizzard

Eh, you shouldn't edit the code of RMX-OS. That condition checks whether there are extensions so it can skip extension initialization and hence speed up the start up a but if there are not extensions.

[Luke]

July 07, 2010, 03:34:52 am #798 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:49:19 am by [Luke]
Quote from: Blizzard on July 07, 2010, 02:06:49 am
Eh, you shouldn't edit the code of RMX-OS. That condition checks whether there are extensions so it can skip extension initialization and hence speed up the start up a but if there are not extensions.

You know, I've already figured that out - maybe I'm not an RGSS god like you, but that's not the first language I'm facing.
New error code.
>ruby RMX-OS.rb
C:/usr/RMX-OS 1.14/RMX-OS Server/Data/Server.rb:338:in `log': uninitialized constant RMXOS::Server::DEBUG_MODE (NameError)
from C:/usr/RMX-OS 1.14/RMX-OS Server/Data/Server.rb:391:in `force_shutdown'
from RMX-OS.rb:70:in `main'
from RMX-OS.rb:171:in `<main>'
RMX-OS Server v1.14
Loading extensions...
'BlizzABS.rb' v1.02 loaded and initialized.
Unexpected error occured!
uninitialized constant RMXOS::Server::DEBUG_MODE
./Data/Server.rb:338:in `log'
./Data/Server.rb:56:in `start'
RMX-OS.rb:56:in `main'
RMX-OS.rb:171:in `<main>'
>Exit code: 1

I've skipped the previous error just by adding an extension (Blizz-ABS one, in this place I'd like to give you one more hail from your humble worshipers).
Once again: I didn't change a thing. What is the problem anyway?

EDIT: SOLUTION!
Dudenextdoor, I bet that's your problem, too. In the first case, the guilty is the default GUI setting, which is
EXTENSIONS = [
''
]

while it should be
EXTENSIONS = [
]

The second error is caused by the lack of this line in cfg.ini, most probably it's GUI's fault again:
DEBUG_MODE = false

And that's it. Thank you Blizzard for wasting your precious time ;)

Blizzard

I didn't know you had coding experience. But it's better to report a bug rather than trying to fix it on your own since even though you may be a programmer, you don't know the system as such. Hack-fixes will only hurt you in the long run or even break other things in the short run.
I'm glad you got it working anyway.