[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

[Luke]

Is that a bug or does RMXOS not save the player position? Whenever I log on, my character appears in the [1,1] position on the current map and as I checked, there is no row in the database in save_data that runs that.

Blizzard

Since you have edited the save data (as I saw in the other topic), you can't expect it to work. Told you that you shouldn't fix the system with hacks but first attempt to set it up properly.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Luke]

July 07, 2010, 06:58:16 am #802 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:11:35 am by [Luke]
Blizzie, you're gonna love this: I've just wrote down an twenty-line log of what I've done to ask you what else I should have done with those errors, and I stopped on this one:
QuoteThen, because I'm not an idiot, I've inserted all the ABS scripts UNCHANGED and ABOVE the RMXOS ones.

When I've read this, I fell on the floor laughing :D Looks I'm an idiot anyway :P

I would feel extremely uncomfortable and being nothing but pain in the ass now if I hadn't helped that "dudenextdoor" guy with config.ini. I feel like an idiot anyway, for wasting your precious time and misreading The Script Order despite reading it 4 times :D

PS. How to make sure that ABS controls [WSAD, ZXC] will be overwritten by typing, anyway?

Blizzard

Meh, it's alright. We all make mistakes.

The Blizz-ABS Controller will handle the typing problem. I didn't have time to implement it yet.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Luke]

Supposing you have more time for the Blizz-ABS Controller, would you consider adding the mouse? Well, just "adding" is something that even I could do, but what I mean is: moving at the mouse move (well, not that neccessary, and there are some scripts for that), clicking at the F5-chatbox, hotkeys and menu (the same - possible to do basing on existing scripts), and, what is beyond my scripting imagination, using mouse in the combat - at least as a target-select pointer (that would solve the online problem with the "Homing" and "Direct" skills and probably could change the AoE of Bow weapon category). But that would be an awesome plugin for Blizz-ABS itself, which I've heard you've retired from. So please call your padawans and tell them "hey, there's some n00b suggesting us making the Blizz-ABS looking like some outstanding WoW shit, go and slap him in the face 'cuz he's annoying... and start implementing that stuff if you can".

At the moment I'm working on a HUD and my game's skilltree database, but when I'm done I'll try to make an open-PVP plugin. Consisting not only open PVP on selected maps, which will be quite easy, but also "factions" of players and NPCs on those battlegrounds, which will probably beat me and my loosy Ruby scripting skills.

Blizzard

Lol! It's already planned that I will make Blizz-ABS work properly with the Mouse Controller and RMX-OS.

G_G

And we keep luring him into and pulling him back! Its actually working! HA!

element

Don't know if this is suggested or planned yet but it looks like a cool idea to me for when you chat in the chat window when u type and send something the thing u say appeares above you in a speach bubble, It doesn't looks that hard to make... i think :p lol

Wizered67

Check the system section of the options script
CHAT_BUBBLES = true

XxxZEROxxX

i can never turn the server and i looked in the help files :(

WhiteRose

Quote from: XxxZEROxxX on July 13, 2010, 06:50:41 pm
i can never turn the server and i looked in the help files :(

I'm sorry, but your question isn't very clear. You're not going to get much help if you don't explain the problem a little more.

Wizered67

To turn on the server, run the ruby program under "server" in the download.

element

Quote from: Wizered67 on July 11, 2010, 03:07:43 pm
Check the system section of the options script
CHAT_BUBBLES = true

Nice....  :haha:

silverwind

Hi, this system looks very interesting.
Is there's a PvP battle system that works with it?

stripe103

If you use Blizz-ABS with it, yes. Be sure to use the "Blizz-ABS controller for RMX-OS"(search the script database).

Trider250

I have been trying to figure out something for about a year now. I gave up, but now I decided to try and ask this time.

I gave my friend the client to test the game to see if it would connect to my IP(Which I made static) He says it says offline. I can't figure out why it won't let him connect. In a older version of RMX-OS it would Say "Script Hanging" But it doesn't do that anymore. Can anyone help?

Blizzard

RTFM. (Read the manual and FAQ, especially the FAQ.)

Trider250

I figured it out, Just had to open up the port. Thanks :)

edwardthefma

uninitialized constant Action_Handler::USE_IP_BANNING
./Data/Action_Handler1.rb:70:in `try_login'
/home/gruadon/RMX-OSServer/Data/Client.rb:111:in `check_connection'
/home/gruadon/RMX-OSServer/Data/Client.rb:47:in `handle'
/home/gruadon/RMX-OSServer/Data/Server.rb:275:in `block in run'

im getting this every time 1 of my users trys to login

im using the newst ver of rmxos
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Blizzard

You are not using the new cfg file.