[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardthefma

i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Magicks

have a little problem... if i open the trade window the chara moves when i click on some item
using --> Mouse Controller and Mouse Controller Enhancement

WhiteRose

Quote from: Magicks on August 09, 2010, 02:09:14 pm
have a little problem... if i open the trade window the chara moves when i click on some item
using --> Mouse Controller and Mouse Controller Enhancement

I think you'll find more help with that issue in the Mouse Controller Thread, which you can find here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,4710.0.html

Milo

August 15, 2010, 08:19:30 am #823 Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:10:23 am by game_guy
how do you trade in this? i tried but i cant figure it out :(

EDIT:
sorry for doublepost but, "I have retired from RMXP! Please do not send me PMs or e-Mails asking for support!"
does that mean blizzard is no longer supporting this online system he made?

Please don't double post. Go back and edit instead. ~ game_guy

stripe103

I think that that is the only thing that he still support. He don't want to leave to many questions and problems about it.

G_G

He still supports all of his scripts. And tries to answer any question he can. And don't double post. Instead go back and edit your post.

luchs

hi,

how can i use different backgroundpictures in scene_servers?

lg
kanade

G_G

Just change the title screen in the database. Go to your Database, then go to the systems tab.

Trider250

How do I get the title screen to play BGM?, I can't figure it out.

Blizzard

It's in the systems tab of the database. It's the title BGM.

@Milo: You should read the manual. It's the chat command "/trade USERNAME".
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Wizered67

Actually Blizz, it doesn't play the title music. You have to add this line to Scene_Servers.
$game_system.bgm_play($data_system.title_bgm)

Trider250

Blizzard

I must've forgotten it. I'll add it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Trider250

How do I remove the password encryption for the game? I want to connect it to my websites db, but when I sign up on my website and try to log on to game it says wrong password. Or can I make it so the password is MD5 encrypted? That would be more preferable.

Blizzard

You can alter the code if you want another password encryption. You can't turn it off. I mean you can by just editing that same piece of code, but that is really not a good idea.
As I said, you can simply implement your own encryption. Make sure to update the table users to allow more than 11 characters as password hash.

Trider250

ok, I think I found the part that creates the hash

stripe103

August 17, 2010, 03:18:29 am #836 Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:52:54 am by stripe103
I am thinking of installing Ubuntu on my server and was wondering if RMX OS work with it. I have seen that you can install Ruby on it but is there programs for MySQL Databases? Does anyone use Ubuntu or Linux in total to run RMXOS?
Because I can't get the current RMX-OS server to run on it so I thought I'd try with Ubuntu.

Blizzard

edwardthefma made a topic where he explained how to make RMX-OS run on Linux. Just look for it in the RGSS/RGSS2 section.

Trider250

How would you make it so when you type a message and you press enter, it doesn't stay in the message box, cause it gets annoying to having to keep clicking F6. I tried to do it myself, only knowing PHP and JAVA, I tried to make it so if it is active and the user presses enter it makes it unactive. But it never works :/

stripe103

There we go. I can't find any more bugs.. for now.