[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jrbault

Hey small problem. Whenever i start a new project with this when i try the game it doesn't show my characters. Anybody got an idea?

Ryex

you will have to be more descriptive of you problem....
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

jrbault

Never mind. For some reason i have to make the map slightly bigger then default because the characters don't start where you place the player start event.(whats up with that) anyway at least now i can work around it for now.

Blizzard

Starting a new game means you need to register a new account. If you change the scripts in the game (such as adding or removing Blizz-ABS) and use an older account, you WILL get unexpected behavior such as coordinate offset.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ojp2010

When configuring My SQL server after I press execute I get this error

"Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root'@''localhost' (using password: YES)

Ryex

did you put the correct password in? is root even using a password?

that error is MySQL related NOT RMX-OS make sure the user information for the MySQL database is correct we can't help you with that
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ojp2010

August 25, 2010, 07:34:31 pm #846 Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:37:26 pm by ojp2010
Quote from: Ryexander on August 25, 2010, 07:32:15 pm
did you put the correct password in? is root even using a password?

that error is MySQL related NOT RMX-OS make sure the user information for the MySQL database is correct we can't help you with that

I don't have a database setup yet. I installed My SQL and ran the config and that it the error I got.

edit: got it to work. Now I am having a problem with getting the server to work. I gone through all the steps and I am at the cfg part. I can't seem to get the GUI to find the SQL database.

Ryex

August 26, 2010, 12:44:11 am #847 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:47:43 am by Ryexander
I've said this more than once and i'll say it again, if the Gui can't find the database the server won't, YOUR CFG IS WRONG, you have to point it to the correct ip, correct database AND use the right username and password. if you do all that, it will work, no exceptions.

also, just to let you know, if your having problems with the gui this is not the topic, the gui is developed independently and problems with it should be reported in the gui's topic. similarly problems with RMX-OS should be reported here

Blizzard

The default configuration regarding the database is pretty much all you need. You only need to set up the username and password to be able to connect to the database.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ojp2010

August 26, 2010, 11:06:28 am #849 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:14:53 am by ojp2010
Quote from: Ryexander on August 26, 2010, 12:44:11 am
I've said this more than once and i'll say it again, if the Gui can't find the database the server won't, YOUR CFG IS WRONG, you have to point it to the correct ip, correct database AND use the right username and password. if you do all that, it will work, no exceptions.

also, just to let you know, if your having problems with the gui this is not the topic, the gui is developed independently and problems with it should be reported in the gui's topic. similarly problems with RMX-OS should be reported here

No need to be rude, it your going to help me and be a "teacher" then you have to have patience.

Blizzard thank you, your response was adult.  

Edit: Thanks Blizzard got it to work. Awesome!

Blizzard

Actually Ryex had a good reason to get mad since you disregarded his advice (at least from what your posts make it sound like).

ojp2010

August 26, 2010, 03:37:14 pm #851 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:45:27 pm by ojp2010
I have RMX-OS all setup and working correctly. After which I decided to add scripts and following  some trial n' error I got the game to load correctly and with no start up errors. However, now I am getting this when trying to connect to the the server.

"Error! Your Client is out of date! Client Version: 1.15; Server Version: 1.15"

Spoiler: ShowHide

This is a list of scripts I am using and their order;

# Item Storage/Author game_guy/Version 1.2
# Mouse Map Menu/Nathmatt/Version: 1.14
# Achievements Script/Game_guy
#Tons of Add-ons/Blizzard/Version: 7.39b
# RMX-OS/Options/Version: 1.15
# RMX-OS/Script/Version: 1.15
# Global Switches and Variables/Blizzard/Version: 1.01
# Blizz-ABS/Blizzard and winkio/Version: 2.79
# Versioning/Blizzard/Version: 1.0
# Item Storage RMX-OS addon/Author game_guy/Version 1.2
# Weapon Training System/NAMKCOR
# Critical for Blizz-ABS/Blizzard/Version: 1.0
# Secondary Weapon for Blizz-ABS/Blizzard/Version: 1.0b
# EXP in HUD for Blizz-ABS/Blizzard/Version: 1.01b
# Auto-Targeting for Blizz-ABS/Blizzard/Version: 1.11b
# Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS/Blizzard/Version: 1.02
# Advanced Time and Environment System (ATES)/Blizzard/Version: 0.4
# Global Day-and-Night System for RMX-OS/Blizzard/Version: 1.03
# Continuous Maps/Blizzard/Version: 1.0
# Mouse Controller/Blizzard/Version: 2.0b
# Mouse Controller Enhancement Script/Nathmatt/Version: 1.43
# DREAM controller for Save Files/Blizzard/Version: 3.0b
# Quest Log System/Author game_guy/Version 3.0
# Quest Log System addon for RMX-OS/Author game_guy/Version 3.0
# RMX-OS Main

Edit: Has to do with Versioning am checking into it now to see what I didn't do.

Blizzard

There are a lot of things wrong there (order is not one of them xD).

1. When you use Versioning, make sure that the version specified in the server extension AND in the client plugin match. By default both should be on version 1.

2. Continuous Maps does not work with RMX-OS (and it never will). In fact it's buggy right even without RMX-OS, I didn't have time to fix it yet. When you fix the version bug, the game will either automatically crash or start behaving weird before it crashes. It might not crash, but it will definitely not work with RMX-OS.

3. You don't need DREAM when using RMX-OS. The save data is on the server anyway.

4. Achievements will probably not work as it uses a local file for that.

5. Make sure your additional scripts have additional configuration for save data for RMX-OS or configure it yourself (such as Weapon Training, etc.).

ojp2010

I went ahead and removed versioning for now since I don't even have the game runnning or created yet. I removed a few other scripts that weren't setup for RMX-OS, deal with them later. Now I can load the game log in, make account, etc. once I login to my user name the game goes to a screen the shows the loading background and the word loading, game just sits there. I've been letting it sit, but has done anything. What did I do lol?

Blizzard

August 26, 2010, 05:03:37 pm #854 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:05:02 pm by Blizzard
Consider the database as your save data. If you add or remove scripts, the ones that say that they will corrupt save data will corrupt your database and you need to empty it. You could say that the save data from the accounts that were created before you removed the scripts aren't compatible with the game anymore. It will either stay in the loading screen or it will enter the game but behave in a weird way immediately or later and probably cause a crash eventually.

ojp2010

August 26, 2010, 05:12:49 pm #855 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:26:51 pm by ojp2010
I deleted the whole database and recreated it and still have the same problem.

Edit:

Steps I took;

1. Downloads RMX-OS/My SQL/Navicat Lite

2.Use manual to install/setup:RMX-OS and My SQL

3. Run test/log into game/create new account

4. Download additional scripts/added them to client game

5. Deleted database/Created new database

This is where I am now. I can't get the client game after logging in to go past a screen the saying loading....

I am sure it is a simple fix, I hope, I did delete the database in case of save data corruption.

This is what I have running on my desktop

Edit:

Could it have to do with the extensions? I installed them by opening notepad copy&past then save as filename.rb. I was looking in the manual and I don't think that is the correct way to do it, but I can't open the ExtensionSkeleton in rudy or other program to "install" them that way. Could that be my problem?

Ryex

actually you created the files correctly by that is not the problem... the loading screen means that it is retrieving you save data from the server is it if gets stuck there that means that it is not receiving data...

ojp2010

Quote from: Ryexander on August 26, 2010, 07:39:09 pm
actually you created the files correctly by that is not the problem... the loading screen means that it is retrieving you save data from the server is it if gets stuck there that means that it is not receiving data...

What should I do to fix that? I cleared out the database and even tried to make a new user name and log in and it was still doing the same thing. So do I need to reinstall My SQL or something?

Ryex

your could try restarting the server, but other than that there is no fix.

ojp2010

August 26, 2010, 08:29:28 pm #859 Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:50:13 pm by ojp2010
Quote from: Ryexander on August 26, 2010, 08:18:58 pm
your could try restarting the server, but other than that there is no fix.

I've restarted it a few times. That seems to be a rather large hole it the functionally of the system. I can use a unchange version, without added scripts, and it will connect and load fine. So does it have something to do with the added scripts? I have them all in the right order and they all seem to be functioning right. Do I need extensions for all of the added scripts? They are all made by blizzard and most of them are either designed for RMX-OS or have an extension for it.  

edit: I fixed the problem everything works just fine now. It was the global switches and variables script, once I removed it I had no more problems. Not sure why it was causing it.

*edit: How can I make it that the chat box is on the top of the screen instead of the bottom?

**edit: I am using One-Man CMS everything is working just find, but the players name plate is still shown through the CMS. How can I change that to where it doesn't show through?

Link to the CMS