[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swick

Aand the database engine in my case would be Navicat Lite(thats what I was using), am I correct?

Blizzard

Navicat is a databse management software. MySQL is a database engine.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Noob

December 31, 2010, 02:05:27 pm #942 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:53:35 pm by Ryex
I'm going using the free plan of www.000webhost.com to provide my server, because I don't want to use my own computer for it. But, seeing as I'm such a noob at this, as the name suggests, I can't even tell if it would work. Could someone please look at 000webhost.com's free plan and tell me if it would do all the things that are needed to successfully make an MMORPG? Thanks! :)

EDIT:
A second quesiton: I've got two popular games on the internet that have 200ish-1000+ ppl playing them. They are made with default RMXP. If I were to make RMX-OS versions of both of these games, would there be a way/script to allow people that previously played non MMO versions be able to keep there old save data, or would they have to start over in the RMX-OS version? Thanks!

Don't double post within a 24 hour period ~ Ryex

Ryex

the answer for both of your questions is no. 000webhost will not work for hosting the ruby server, and there is no way for you to really import save data like that. on another note why in the world would you want to may a previously single player game into a MMO? it wouldn't work.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Noob

Please help. I followed all the installation instructions. My game has all of the default scripts except Main. I replace it with RMX-OS main. The bottom of my script database looks like this, in order of highest to lowest: RMX-OS Options, RMX-OS Script, RMX-OS Main, Blizz-ABS 1, Blizz-ABS 2, Blizz-ABS 3, RMX-OX Versioning, RMX-OS Blizz-ABS Plug-in. When I login, I can walk around, but I have some major problems: if I run my chatbox activation script, I become unable to move, even when I run my chatbox deactivation script. All the BLizz-ABS controls are disabled, even though I set them as enabled. My select key has become enter, and my menu key is esc., but it doesn't bring up the Blizz-ABS menu. When I try setting the HUD, nothing happens. When I run a script to turn on Blizz-ABS controls, I get a gigantic error log and the program fails. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Noob

same problem. the script you gave me a link to didn't help.  :???:

Blizzard

Did you actually set up the game controls properly? Did you configure Blizz-ABS properly? Have you made sure that you have wiped the database before/after you added Blizz-ABS? If it's not working, then you have made a mistake because by default everything works.

mroedesigns

Hey Blizz, I'm having some troubles setting this up (I bet you're sick of hearing that, huh?  :shy:)

Anyways, I got the SQL database set up fine. The query worked and all that good stuff. But for some reason when I go into the OS GUI and click 'Test Connection' for the MySQL server, I get this weird error message.

QuoteUnhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data. Version=6.1.20. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Then there's a details box that says this;
Spoiler: ShowHide
QuoteSee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MySql.Data, Version=6.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'
   at RmxosGUI.RMX_OS_GUI.buttonConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RMX-OS GUI
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Max/Desktop/Bloodlines/OS/RMX-OS%20Server/RMX-OS%20GUI.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Ryex

Quote from: mroedesigns on January 02, 2011, 09:58:57 pm
Hey Blizz, I'm having some troubles setting this up (I bet you're sick of hearing that, huh?  :shy:)

Anyways, I got the SQL database set up fine. The query worked and all that good stuff. But for some reason when I go into the OS GUI

Blizz dose NOT maintain the GUI I do. any errors you have with the GUI should be reported in the GUI's thread not here.

as for the error, make sure you extract the entire fucking archive in the GUI download to the rmxos directory not just the exe.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ryex on January 03, 2011, 03:31:30 am
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 02, 2011, 09:58:57 pm
Hey Blizz, I'm having some troubles setting this up (I bet you're sick of hearing that, huh?  :shy:)

Anyways, I got the SQL database set up fine. The query worked and all that good stuff. But for some reason when I go into the OS GUI

Blizz dose NOT maintain the GUI I do. any errors you have with the GUI should be reported in the GUI's thread not here.

as for the error, make sure you extract the entire fucking archive in the GUI download to the rmxos directory not just the exe.

soooo...when can Blizz update the GUI? :V
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

mroedesigns

Thanks for being a complete dick about it. The over sized text really showed me, huh? That 'fucking' was totally necessary, too.  :<_<:

Ryex

Quote from: mroedesigns on January 03, 2011, 03:38:55 am

Thanks for being a complete dick about it. The over sized text really showed me, huh? That 'fucking' was totally necessary, too.  :<_<:

I reserve all rights to be a dick when I feel that a question and questioner are stupid. you have your answer, if you don't like the manner in which it was delivered, then deal.

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

mroedesigns

Quote from: Ryex on January 03, 2011, 03:45:20 am
I reserve all rights to be a dick when I feel that a question and questioner are stupid. you have your answer, if you don't like the manner in which it was delivered, then deal.

First of all you have no right to call me stupid. You have no idea who I am. Second of all, the question may be stupid to you because you know the answer. But to me it's a perfectly valid question. I had an issue and I simply asked a question.

Good to know who the local assholes are, though.

ForeverZer0

Starrodkirby86

Yeaaaah. No.

mroedesigns: Don't take it too personal. Ryexander did answer your question, after all! He could have also presented his answer to something even more worse and bitter. Before asking a question though, as innocuous as it may be, you should probably research as much as you can first. This could have been averted had you posted in the RMX-OS GUI thread, for instance. But what's done is done. Lesson learned for the future, all right?

Ryexander: Whoa, haven't seen you worked up like that. :< Anytime there's a Bug Reports or Support section, there's always going to be users who haven't researched fully enough (No offense mroedesigns xD). I would know, I check the osu! forums a lot and see really moronic questions of help. As "stupid" it may seem to you, at least take your tone from bitter to neutral or something. I know you're a nice guy, so yeah, please calm... (Though I think I can relate to your frustration indirectly, I seen similar events with peppy, the creator of osu!, and some bugs, feature requests, and whatever)

You two play nice now. +w+

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 03, 2011, 03:37:02 am
soooo...when can Blizz update the GUI? :V

Oh oh Blizz, can you update RMX-OS too!?!?!?!?!? There's not enough online access to Croatia.  :'(

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

meh, I suppose I should apologize, being a dick really isn't in my character. I blame the mussel spazzem in my back that is currently making it impossible to sleep because of the pain...

mroedesigns

Quote from: Ryex on January 03, 2011, 04:35:09 am
meh, I suppose I should apologize, being a dick really isn't in my character. I blame the mussel spazzem in my back that is currently making it impossible to sleep because of the pain...

Thank you. :] You did answer my question, and I am thankful for that. I just think calling me stupid was a bit out of line.
Things happen though, and I'm not going to be all butthurt about it.

Now to figure out why I can't register any accounts D;

Blizzard

@mroedesigns: Yes, don't take Ryex personally. He's still in the phase where he can't yet deal with the frustration that people ask the same stupid question over and over. ._. Heck, even I get still get pissed off by that sometimes. Just recently somebody asked me about Blizz-ABS and since I have been retired for over 8 months now, I told them to go the forum. But the guy kept asking a few more times. At one point I pretty much answered very harshly. ._. Usually when I'm about to post shit, I usually just don't post anything and ignore the post.

As for the accounts, if I remember right, the GUI and the current RMX-OS version aren't compatible. In any case, try registering an account through the game to see if it works.