[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Noob

That stumped me for a while 2. U have to press F6 to activate it, F5 to deactivate.

Blizzard

*points to manual that says F5 is for showing/hiding and F6 is for activating/deactivating* Why do people figuratively refuse to read the manual or at least open it? ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mroedesigns

Quote from: Blizzard on January 05, 2011, 05:53:58 pm
*points to manual that says F5 is for showing/hiding and F6 is for activating/deactivating* Why do people figuratively refuse to read the manual or at least open it? ._.

Quote from: mroedesigns
I looked through the manual but I couldn't find anything on how to fix it.

sorry I missed it.

Noob

Same. I read the manual, the whole thing. Except that sentence. Could either of you answer the other question i have plz? (i asked in the section for BABS with RMXOS)

mroedesigns

Quote from: Noob on January 05, 2011, 04:37:06 pm
Whenever I use a common event, all other players on the map crash, and vice versa.

What does the event that youre trying to run do?
Try running a common event that does nothing but show some text and see if that still creates an issue.

Noob

It runs a script, also does transfer player. But it doesn't matter anymore.
(I was using it to open the cbox before I found out how on my own by looking at the script)

Noob

im not using my computer for the server, instead im using a web/server hosting site. the site has ruby on rails instead of ruby. will this be ok, or will ruby on rails not run the server file?

Ryex

it should work. rails is just an extra library for ruby like RGSS it is still ruby so it will work.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

[Luke]

Noob: Could you tell me the name of the server? I have problems with my router (even though I've set up port configuration properly, it still doesn't work) and I'm seeking for another options.

To anybody who's using router: Should it be enough to set up the port 54269 forwarding to my laptop? It works for port 80 - I've set this port and typing my router's IP into a browser, you can see the proper webpage (I'm using WebServ) but setting same thing for port 54269 (default configuration) doesn't make my server visible for the client.

Futendra

I can't see the Manual!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Futendra on January 10, 2011, 12:40:47 pm
I can't see the Manual!

That's strange. Can you be a little more specific about your problem?

Futendra

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 10, 2011, 02:30:18 pm
I can't see the Manual!

I solved it now, and now I got trouble getting my server up, I'm testing it out now, using Hamachi, Im confused about how to set up a server, I editted the cfg and I put in everything in the scripts, but its not working, it says it is offline all the time!

Noob

I'd say try it out on your own machine locally before attempting to test it globally with another site, so that you can be sure your game is working. Once you've got that worked out, just make sure that you have the IP Adress and port correct. If you're using a server hosting website, their ruby port is sometimes different than the defualt RMX-OS one and you need to chagne it.
Other suggestions:
-Make sure you uploaded all the necessary files to the server host.
-Make sure you ran the mySQL query and configured the instance properly.
-Make sure you ran the server.

Noob

I've encountered another problem  :???:. After registering for a free server hosting site (www.vlexofree.com) with Ruby on Rails and mySQL database, I successfully configured everything, and actually got the game to say the server was online. However, when I try to enter the server to play, I get a message saying that the server did not respond. I looked in FAQs and it said I would have to allow Ruby on my firewall. So I modified the OS firewall to allow ruby TCP/UDP communications with the server at the specified server port. I'm not sure how to modify my NAT. What protocol does the server use to communicate with the client? Am I making any errors that you can tell? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Starrodkirby86

I can't see the Manual!

Mayyybe it was related to this problem.

http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2007/04/13/719.aspx

I was itching to post that link sometime, but I never really followed it through. But I guess it's a good opportunity right now. xD Of course, this would be null if Futendra does not have a Vista computer.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Futendra

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on January 11, 2011, 12:23:57 am
I can't see the Manual!

Mayyybe it was related to this problem.

http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2007/04/13/719.aspx

I was itching to post that link sometime, but I never really followed it through. But I guess it's a good opportunity right now. xD Of course, this would be null if Futendra does not have a Vista computer.
I got an XP and I am new to mySQL, I dont understand mysql...

Ryex

wtf dose mysql have to do with seeing the manual
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Noob

could someone please help? what port is the server communicating with the client at? i know the client is communicating with the server at 54269, but i have a NAT firewall and i need to know what port to allow the incoming messages to get to.

Futendra

Quote from: Ryex on January 11, 2011, 01:09:32 am
wtf dose mysql have to do with seeing the manual

Nothing...
Quote from: FutendraI solved it now, and now I got trouble getting my server up, I'm testing it out now, using Hamachi, Im confused about how to set up a server, I editted the cfg and I put in everything in the scripts, but its not working, it says it is offline all the time!

Noob

supposing that for some reason i have to use a port other than the default rmxos port, are their any additional changes i need to make? does the client send and listen for/receive messages on the exact same port, or is their another port? (port forwarding on the NAT requires me to specify an in port, out port, & port map)