[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Noob on January 11, 2011, 11:46:07 pm
supposing that for some reason i have to use a port other than the default rmxos port, are their any additional changes i need to make? does the client send and listen for/receive messages on the exact same port, or is their another port? (port forwarding on the NAT requires me to specify an in port, out port, & port map)

There's a section in the script where you can specify the name, host and port.

SERVERS.push(['NAME', 'HOST', PORT])

And as the manual says:

Quote from: Blizzard's blood and sweatServers are defined by 3 parameters: NAME, HOST and PORT. NAME is the name that will be displayed during connection. HOST is either an IP address or an URL. PORT is a number between 0 and 65535. RMX-OS default port is 54269 and you should keep using it except if you want to run multiple servers on one computer at once. For more information about ports, look it up on the internet.

You're free to use another port, but 54269 was probably chosen for a reason. That saying, if you wanted a different port number, make sure it doesn't conflict with other important programs. For example, the port for IRC would be 6667. You don't want to be using that port for RMX-OS, methinks.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

no reason other than it is an obscure port and thus free for use.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

January 12, 2011, 02:58:51 am #1002 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:01:15 am by Blizzard
The ACTUAL reason is actually 3 reasons.

1. Ports over 50000 are rarely used, often free (what Ryex already said).

2. 42 because it's the answer to life, the universe and everything.

3. 69 because it's a sex position.

=> 54269
<3

Remexos uses 56969, because it's the double amount of 69.
54269 is also a secret message meaning "Nobody is aware of this (port over 50000), but the meaning of life (42) is to survive and reproduce (69)."
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Noob

But using a different port wouldn't mess anything up as long as it's not taken by another program, right?

Ryex

correct, but really there is no reason to change that port other than if it is already in use. ie your running two servers on the same computer one of themm will have to use a different port
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

[Luke]

Also, everybody, check out if the Windows built-in firewall isn't blocking ruby.exe (my issue) :D

Blizzard

Actually I mentioned that in either that installation guide and/or the FAQ. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Noob

Another question  :P So I'm using a free server hosting website, and they support mySQL as well as Ruby on Rails. I've seen the message that my server is online, but as far as I know, my client has never connected to the server. I created a Ruby on Rails app, and uploaded all the necessary files. I ran the SQL query successfully, etc. But where do I put the server scripts? Do I put them in the app file itself? Also, the server host has a rewrite function. Do I instead need to use this function to rewrite incoming clients to the RMXOS script? If so, what would I remap to? rmxos.rb? A folder with all the server scripts in it? Thanks :)

Futendra

Quote from: Noob on January 14, 2011, 10:23:42 pm
Another question  :P So I'm using a free server hosting website, and they support mySQL as well as Ruby on Rails. I've seen the message that my server is online, but as far as I know, my client has never connected to the server. I created a Ruby on Rails app, and uploaded all the necessary files. I ran the SQL query successfully, etc. But where do I put the server scripts? Do I put them in the app file itself? Also, the server host has a rewrite function. Do I instead need to use this function to rewrite incoming clients to the RMXOS script? If so, what would I remap to? rmxos.rb? A folder with all the server scripts in it? Thanks :)

What scripts are you using? And the RMX-OS Scripts has to be inside your game, so does the Options script :O.o:

Noob

well i know that....i got it to work when i tested it locally. and im using rmxos, blizzabs, and chat filter. but i think i may have finally learned the source of the problem. the website doesnt have ruby, it has ruby on rails, which is meant for webapplications. someone here told me that RoR will ssuffice instead of ruby, but im beginning to doubt that. are you all 100% sure that RoR will actually work? it seems to be meant for web applications...

Ryex

it will work, you have to set it up properly though. not sure how you would do that.

Futendra

How do you put BGM in the title???

[Luke]

Find class Scene_Servers in RMX-OS Script. At the end of setup_scene method add line

$game_system.bgm_play($data_system.title_bgm)

and then set the proper title BGM in database.

Futendra

I had a problem with the chat window overlapping the comment window, I got that fixed, but the chat text still overlaps it, where do I find the text z cordinates?

Noob

Hey, I'm using vlexofree.com to server as a server host for my server. It supports Ruby on Rails, but I couldn't even get the server to start with that so instead I used a cron job to find the actual Ruby program (NOT rails) and run it with that. For some reason or another (it may be on a linux machine >.<) the ./ filepath would generate lots of errors, so any time I found the ./ path, I had to change it to the full path.
Example:
load '~/RMX-OS_Server/Data/Action.rb'

Rather than:
load './Data/Action.rb'

Also, no matter what I did for the mysql.so file, it continued to give errors, so I had to modify the server to load ruby gems. The beginning of the script now looked like this:
# loading Ruby's libraries
require 'socket'
## loads RubyGems (needed to load mysql?)
require 'rubygems'
# loading external libraries
require 'mysql'

After applying this modification, and the other one I mentioned with the filepath, I ran the server. I got no feedback whatsoever. Also, when I tried to connect it told me that the server was offline. When I put a filepath back to ./ as an experiement, it began giving feedback again, error feedback.
At one point, this appeared in the feedback:

==========================================================================
RMX-OS Server v1.15
==========================================================================
Loading extensions...

But that was all. It appeared to have stopped after it ftried loading the extension, which was still at the ./ path. I changed it and......nothing. please help.

Noob

also, along with my previous question, i have another simpler one. is the mysql.so file in the server folder a generic one, or a specially edited rmxos one? and could it be used with a linux? (you'll see above that i instead used the generic LINUX mysql file, not the rmxos one. was this incorrect? if so, how could i make it work with linux, which was giving errors when i left it as the mysql.so file in the server folder.)
please anwswer this, and if you can, the above question.

Futendra

Is there a way to put in a "Futendra production" Image for some seconds before the server choice comes up?

I want to make a picture like this:

"Demora Online

(Some logo)

Made by Futendra"

and I want that to show up right before the server screen

Blizzard

Noob

Instead of F5, try F6 to bring it up, and F5 to dismiss.

Noob

Hey Blizzard thanks for that link, but I have a small problem. The file at the link is designed for a 32bit computer, while the vlexofree.com servers are 64bit. Is there a 64bit version? Is there another change I could make instead? Anyone? Thanks! :)