[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Noob

February 02, 2011, 12:17:47 am #1060 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:40:17 pm by Noob
EDIT: Okay, well blizzard, you reminded me about the zombie client option, and this has solved my problem with users not logging out correctly and also the problem with them not writing data, and the problem with them sometimes not talking. I've at least got that much working consistently. But a few new problems have appeared. I get this SyntaxError sometimes when during events that show text. It first occured during some of the default text that runs shortly after starting the game. It occured before all the text could be completed. If the user logs back in, they find themself in the middle of the event, and they get the error again. This only occured for some accounts. Here's what showed up in the error log:

Wed Feb 02 20:31:18 Central Standard Time 2011:
(eval):1:in `check_game'compile error
(eval):1: unterminated string meets end of file
(eval):1: syntax error
{"@direction"=>2, "@real_x"=>9600, "@x"=>75, "@real_y"=>5632, "@battler|@states"=>[], "@ai|@negative"=>[1, 3, 5, 6], "@y"=>44, "@character_name"=>"BlackCat", "@ai|@view_range"=>5, "@ai|@altered_alignment"=>false, "@ai|@positive"=>[2], "@ai|@neutral"=>
  • , "@battler|@enemy_id"=>7, "@move_speed"=>3, "@battler|@sp"=>9999, "@battler|@state_time"=>{}, "@ai|@hearing_range_ratio"=>40, "@battler|@hp"=>1331, "@anime_count"=>0, "@battler|@states_turn"=>{}, "@pattern"=>0, "@ai|@aggressive"=>true, "@battler|@immoPNG
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ^
    blizzabsrmxos:391:in `check_game'
    RMX-OS Script:845:in `eval'
    blizzabsrmxos:391:in `check_game'
    RMX-OS Script:845:in `listen'
    RMX-OS Script:844:in `each'
    RMX-OS Script:844:in `listen'
    RMX-OS Script:3618:in `upd_blizzabs_later'
    Blizz-ABS Part 3:6805:in `update'
    Scene_Map:25:in `main_rmxos_later'
    Scene_Map:19:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:30:in `main_rmxos_later'
    RMX-OS Script:3606:in `main_blizzabs_later'
    Blizz-ABS Part 3:6713:in `main_blizzabsrmxos_later'
    blizzabsrmxos:943:in `main'
    RMX-OS Main:46

Another problem occured on one of the test accounts when it changed to a new map. the error that was recorded there was:
    Wed Feb 02 20:30:34 Central Standard Time 2011:
    undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass
    Game_Event:30:in `initialize'
    blizzabsrmxos:855:in `new'
    blizzabsrmxos:855:in `recreate_event'
    blizzabsrmxos:521:in `update_online_enemy'
    blizzabsrmxos:392:in `check_game'
    RMX-OS Script:845:in `listen'
    RMX-OS Script:844:in `each'
    RMX-OS Script:844:in `listen'
    RMX-OS Script:3618:in `upd_blizzabs_later'
    Blizz-ABS Part 3:6805:in `update'
    Scene_Map:25:in `main_rmxos_later'
    Scene_Map:19:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:30:in `main_rmxos_later'
    RMX-OS Script:3606:in `main_blizzabs_later'
    Blizz-ABS Part 3:6713:in `main_blizzabsrmxos_later'
    blizzabsrmxos:943:in `main'
    RMX-OS Main:46

This only happened once, btw.

Finally, there is the error of pvp being inactive even though I set it to true. And the blizzabs enemies just stand there doing nothing,. you cant attack them and they cant attack you. but they have lifebars and are shown as enemies on the map.

Please help!

Blizzard

February 03, 2011, 02:17:41 am #1061 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:17:56 pm by Blizzard
This is a weird error, but very helpful. I will see if I can take a better look at this today. I might have an idea what's going on.

EDIT: v1.17 is out. Together with the new Blizz-ABS Controller the problems should be solved.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Noob

February 03, 2011, 04:39:23 pm #1062 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:53:31 pm by Noob
thank you SO MUCH. I will update right away and report any problems I find. Thanks again! :)
EDIT: No changes to the client code, right? Just some of the server files?

Blizzard

Update both of them to be sure. At least the version constant has been updated in the client scripts and you need that one so plugins can detect the proper version. You don't have to update the options script (but you can remove '@anime_count' from the EXCHANGE_VARIABLES to make it run better if you want).

I had no problems with synchronization between clients. But then again, I wasn't able to test it fully active and only locally. Remember that you have to make sure your host works normally. Most of the errors you were getting seemed to me that your host doesn't allow proper communication between server and client. It's as if the server would sometimes cut off part of the client message.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Noob

February 03, 2011, 05:49:14 pm #1064 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:23:20 pm by Noob
Blizzard, everything seems to work except the enemies. It's the same problem I had earlier: they seem to count as enemies (appearing as enemies on the map, displaying lifebars, and allowing my character to use the hotkey-registered skills within range) but they don't move or attack, and my skills and regualr attacks do nothing to them, just use up my SP. any ideas on this strange problem?
EDIT: Here's some additional info on this problem for if you decide to pursue it: i got it to work once, but only once, globally. It works perfectly locally. the one time I got it to work globally, everything was going as it normally should. I used some regular attacks on the enemies. Then when I used a skill, all the enemies suddenly froze up and reverted to the state I described above. It seems to me like you're really close to solving this problem. the enemies seem to be all loaded up and everything, but not "activated?" I don't know much about ruby, that's just how it appears to me. good luck, and thanks.

Blizzard

What do you mean with "globally" and "locally"? If there is a bug in the system itself, it won't work if you have a remote server or if you run the server locally on your own PC. If there is a problem in your network, it will work on your PC, but it won't work if you connect to a remote server. If there is a problem in the scripts, then enemies won't work globally if you have the Blizz-ABS Controller in your scripts, but it will work "locally" if your enemies aren't actually global for all players but each player has his own enemies.
Generally, if you have the former problem, it is, again, your server that is not working right. If your RMX-OS works when run on your PC and doesn't work on a remote PC, then you didn't set up the remote PC properly. The enemies work fine on my PC which means the problem is not in the script. I can attack enemies where other players act as global processor without problems and enemies move around just fine.

Noob

Besides my other problem with enemies not attacking, I've noticed another really wierd thing. to me, it's way lower priority than the blizz-abs problem, because blizz-abs is crucial to my game and this is just a random rare glitch, but I thought i'd report it anyway. What happens is, the game will occasionally delete some events for no reason, and create others. It then removes the event code from some of the events it deleted and puts it in the new events it created. So I get an entirely new event that I never made with event commands that I did write, but for a different event. But please fix the blizz-abs rmxos problem first. This otehr thing rarely happens, and isn't much of a problem. It never takes away anything important.

Blizzard

Neither Blizz-ABS not RMX-OS does anything to your events so it's not possible that either of those scripts are responsible.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2011, 03:39:39 am
Neither Blizz-ABS not RMX-OS does anything to your events so it's not possible that either of those scripts are responsible.

Im having this: From the moment Im on the same map with a different player, an error occurs, it can also be caused by window swapping during gameplay, because I did that too, also I have a question: Is there a possibibity to make a "Collection Lost" Window when the connection is lost?

Blizzard

There IS a "You have been disconnected" window when you get disconnected.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2011, 05:26:55 am
There IS a "You have been disconnected" window when you get disconnected.

Yes but I mean can you customize it?

Blizzard

That's not what you asked:

Quote from: Futendra on February 05, 2011, 05:16:49 am
Is there a possibibity to make a "Collection Lost" Window when the connection is lost?

And obviously you can. It's a script FFS. And there's a section where you can customize all the text used in RMX-OS. It's even mentioned in the manual.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2011, 05:51:25 am
That's not what you asked:

Quote from: Futendra on February 05, 2011, 05:16:49 am
Is there a possibibity to make a "Collection Lost" Window when the connection is lost?

And obviously you can. It's a script FFS. And there's a section where you can customize all the text used in RMX-OS. It's even mentioned in the manual.

I tried it and I put the text to Oops! Connection Lost! and it gave an error cannot connect to RMX-OS server, or something like that

Blizzard

Being disconnected at one point and not being able to connect at all is not the same thing.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2011, 06:54:06 am
Being disconnected at one point and not being able to connect at all is not the same thing.

When I close the RMX-OS Server when playing, that shows up :0

Blizzard

No. If you turn off the server while someone is playing, only two things can happen. Either a Windows messagebox shows up saying "You have been disconnected." and you return to the title screen or a Windows messagebox saying "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." and the game crashes.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2011, 07:08:48 am
No. If you turn off the server while someone is playing, only two things can happen. Either a Windows messagebox shows up saying "You have been disconnected." and you return to the title screen or a Windows messagebox saying "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." and the game crashes.

The second one always happens

Blizzard

Well, you shut down the server, what do you expect?

Griver03

hi there ive a lil question  :haha:
is there a script call to disable that rmx save data ??!
eg for intro, cutscenes or the character creation system i design so is there a way to do that or can anyone make pluginn ??
btw my character creation system is at ca 75% so i release it next week but without disableing save its not acually good to use it, and cutscene and intro and etc too, ok there is still the problem that you can see other players on some maps eg for instances like ingame house or dungeons or what else but thats a different prob  :naughty:
so i wish me an disable save call and a enable save call.
thx in advance  :^_^':
My most wanted games...

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2011, 08:29:39 am
Well, you shut down the server, what do you expect?

What do you think I ask?

IS THERE A BLOODY POSSIBILITY TO MAKE IT THE SAME AS THE 1st ONE?