[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Noob

Griver, you're saying it's a problem that you can see and interact with other playerS? That's kinda the point of rmx-os........
about the save data, I don't know of a call script to enable/disable it...sorry. Blizzard to I have to delete the old log files (from testing on my P.C.) first and let it make new ones?

nathmatt

is it possible to send and receive data externally by connecting a program to the server ?
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Noob

February 05, 2011, 12:54:30 pm #1082 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:56:18 pm by Noob
I don't know. Btw where did you get your avatar picture/animation thing nathmatt?
EDIT: Blizzard I think I found the cause for the problem you've been helping me with. The program continually fails to write the blizzabs log, which, as you said, causes blizzabs to crash. I tried putting in the filepaths that worked for the other problems I experienced (with starting the server), but for some reason they didn't work for the message log files. I'll ask about what the correct filepath is on the vlexofree.com support forums.

Blizzard

February 06, 2011, 04:50:22 am #1083 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:52:10 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Griver03 on February 05, 2011, 11:42:55 am
is there a script call to disable that rmx save data ??!

There is an event command for enabling/disabling saving.

Quote from: Futendra on February 05, 2011, 11:52:07 am
What do you think I ask?

I can't read minds and you didn't write down your question. You just wrote some rant and kept me guessing what you want. Again, I can't read minds.

IS THERE A BLOODY POSSIBILITY TO MAKE IT THE SAME AS THE 1st ONE?

It's a Windows error message. Obviously you can't change what they say.

Quote from: nathmatt on February 05, 2011, 12:47:12 pm
is it possible to send and receive data externally by connecting a program to the server ?

Technically yes, but the only communication the server was coded for is communication with a client. You can make a program connect to the server simply using the proper connection settings that your client uses (IP and port).

EDIT: You can always make a server extension that handles some specific types of messages which you then use to communicate between the server and a custom program.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 06, 2011, 04:50:22 am
What do you think I ask?

IS THERE A BLOODY POSSIBILITY TO MAKE IT THE SAME AS THE 1st ONE?

It's a Windows error message. Obviously you can't change what they say.

Why is it a windows error message? as far as I know it can't be...

Blizzard

Quote from: Futendra on February 06, 2011, 04:53:33 am
Why is it a windows error message?

I don't even know how to answer that question.

as far as I know it can't be...

Then prove to me that it's not a Windows error message. Go look around in the RMX-OS scripts and find that string.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on February 06, 2011, 05:20:28 am
Why is it a windows error message?

I don't even know how to answer that question.

as far as I know it can't be...

Then prove to me that it's not a Windows error message. Go look around in the RMX-OS scripts and find that string.

What I mean is that why does windows show up a message of something that happens in a RMXP game?

Blizzard

I cannot express in words the severity of my facepalm for this question.

Ryex

why do you think an operating system exists? it provides an interface that a developer can use to create a program and have a user interact with it. when this program asks the operating system to do something and it can't the operation system will give the program an error. the program can either handle this error or die in a ball of fire. metaphorically speaking of course.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Griver03

February 06, 2011, 07:38:28 am #1089 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:41:54 am by Griver03
ok sry for my bad english  :^_^':
i didnt mean its not good to see other players in rmx os , but in online games are always instances like ingame house or whatelse but thtas like i said another story  ;)
i just need the calls for disable save and enable save and if its exists a force save call ^^

example for me and my use for it:

startmap - here you start when you first login rmx os make a force save and then disable it after that you get teleportet on the next map.

character creation map - its self explaining... at the end when the player confirm his choice then i enable save and the game can start or an intro or whatelse...

so pls can you say me the calls pls ?!

PS: thx a lot for updating rmx-os even you retired  :D

EDIT: ah sry i oversee you had written EVENT COMMAND xD
but can i use it in rmx os so it actually it disables the call of the window i think not the function itself but i dont know i test it  :wacko:
My most wanted games...

Blizzard

February 06, 2011, 07:56:14 am #1090 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:57:26 am by Blizzard
Yes. I have coded it so the auto-save doesn't work if you have disabled saving by using the event command. Of course, if the player logs out during that time, he will have to redo all the scenes.

nathmatt

yea thats what im doing of course i had alias 1 of the client check game messages so far i do have it to send me the an array containing the clients [uerer_id,username] so when im ready i can create a list with it im working on registering so you can prevent using this program to access someone else's server giving yourself control make the commands require admin status
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Oh, don't worry about that. A user cannot do any admin actions unless he's logged in. And to log in, the user MUST use the proper password. Additionally the server checks permissions as well. Basically if you use a hacked client and try to use an admin command with an account that is not an admin account, the server will prevent it. I thought of that.

nathmatt

no i mean im adding a login to my program so that when i create specific commands i can check for admin status otherwise my specific commands could be accessed by anyone with you ip and host which would be difficult to get but not impossible points at rgss extractors
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Futendra

How do I make the level of the player shwo up next to their names?

Griver03

@blizz - great thx really.

@Futendra: i want to see the level beneath the name too ^^

so the next question is is it possible to make instances ??
like when you add \Mapname, a script read this and make the map only for you...
i think its a easy thing for a ruby coder  :roll:
this would be a great enhancement for rmx-os.
My most wanted games...

Noob

I was wanting to have a level by the name also, so I postead a request about it and I think someone made a script for it but idk if he relesaed it publicly or not.

Blizzard

February 06, 2011, 02:14:44 pm #1097 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:17:41 pm by Blizzard
Here, add this piece of code below RMX-OS.
Keep in mind that it only works with Blizz-ABS.
Also, I haven't tested it at all.

#==============================================================================
# Sprite_Character
#==============================================================================

class Sprite_Character

def update_name_sprite
   username = nil
   level = nil
   usergroup = nil
   if @character == $game_player
     username = $network.username
     level = ($game_party.actors[0] != nil ? $game_party.actors[0].level : nil)
   elsif @character.is_a?(Game_OnlineCharacter)
     username = @character.username
     usergroup = @character.usergroup
     level = (@character.valid? ? @character.battler.level : nil)
   end
   if username != nil && level != nil && (@name_sprite == nil ||
       @username != username || @usergroup != usergroup || @level != level)
     @username = username
     @level = level
     text = "#{username} Lv. #{level}"
     @usergroup = usergroup
     @name_sprite.dispose if @name_sprite != nil
     @name_sprite = Sprite.new
     @name_sprite.bitmap = Bitmap.new(1, 1)
     @name_sprite.bitmap.font.size = 21
     w = @name_sprite.bitmap.text_size(text).width + 4
     @name_sprite.ox = w / 2
     @name_sprite.oy = self.bitmap.height / 4 + 23
     @name_sprite.bitmap = Bitmap.new(w, 23)
     @name_sprite.bitmap.font.size = 21
     if usergroup == nil
       @name_sprite.bitmap.font.color = RMXOS::Data::COLORS['self']
     elsif RMXOS::Data::COLORS.has_key?(usergroup)
       @name_sprite.bitmap.font.color = RMXOS::Data::COLORS[usergroup]
     end
     @name_sprite.bitmap.draw_text_full(1, 1, w, 21, text, 1)
   end
   if @name_sprite != nil
     @name_sprite.x, @name_sprite.y, @name_sprite.z = self.x, self.y, self.z
   end
 end

end

Futendra

Is there a username max lenght?

BTW: AWESOME BLIZZARD! It works fine! Lovely to see the lvl! its also nice with Animation of level up, it gives animations and afterwards its changes!

Blizzard

Yes, there is. Refer to the config and the manual.