[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on March 07, 2011, 03:52:35 pm
Are you sure that you both disabled and hid the chatbox? Also, remember that RMXP causes problems with scripts calls that look like "abc = false" if you don't use the interpreter fix or put the "false" into the next line.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on March 08, 2011, 02:35:03 am
Quote from: Blizzard on March 07, 2011, 03:52:35 pm
Are you sure that you both disabled and hid the chatbox? Also, remember that RMXP causes problems with scripts calls that look like "abc = false" if you don't use the interpreter fix or put the "false" into the next line.

Tried that and it still froze the game.
(That is if you're telling me to try
abc =
false)

Blizzard

Then get the interpreter fix instead.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

That's very odd... I tested out the errors and it is weird. It doesn't error out when I have two clients open for some reason. I can open a menu and do things normally (like leave the map) but once I log off on one client the other one freezes. For some reason the ABS controller is basically glitching out because the client is saving the enemy in a spot that isn't it's default location.

I will bet money that the reason the client is erroring out and the server is crashing is either because A. the freeze when the menus are called because the menu clashes with the online system (because online gameplay is way different from offline and calling a menu is basically like pausing a heartbeat for a long time) or B. faulty saving... the server may be saving a negative (or dividing by zero). once the menu is up the player may be disconnected while still being connected.

No matter which (if any) of these it is the blatantly obvious is the BABS controller (and it's just that... I tested) is incompatible with menus, shops, its own hotkey script call, and any scene that freezes the game. The only way to basically solve that problem is to make a custom scene using pictures that doesn't freeze the game. The hotkey scene and such are annoying to re-make but noone said it'd be easy.

The biggest annoyance is the fact that the chatbox doesn't wory and the mouse system barely works (both are glitchy when the BABS controller is installed and works perfect without it.) Even with all the bugs is by far one of Blizz's most impressive creation. The customization and finesse involved in its birth is awe-inspiring to say the least. I've had a blast playing around with the system... such a blast that I forgot to eat for 2 days just staring at one map tinkering. I haven't felt this curious since christmas as a child.

Blizzard

As I said, I will look into the problems. I had other stuff to do so I couldn't work on it. I should have time today, though. Wish me luck.

RoseSkye

How would I keep make a conditional branch to trigger only when a certain player activates it? (Follow-up question) How would I assign the specific player to a variable? Example: If a specific player activates a switch and then logs off (assuming this is with global variables). How would I check to see if they are offline and turn off the switch that was activated.

Blizzard

1. You can check the username with $network.username == 'Blizzard'.

2. $game_variables[VARIABLE_ID] = $network.user_id I suggest you don't assign the actual player but the current user ID. This is much more convenient.

3. $network.players.has_key?(USER_ID) This will return true if the player is logged on and false if he's not.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on March 10, 2011, 03:44:40 pm
1. You can check the username with $network.username == 'Blizzard'.

2. $game_variables[VARIABLE_ID] = $network.user_id I suggest you don't assign the actual player but the current user ID. This is much more convenient.

3. $network.players.has_key?(USER_ID) This will return true if the player is logged on and false if he's not.

Is there a way to have it act like a self switch? Any user that activates a specific switch will be recorded and so forth..

Blizzard

Not really. But there is another way. You can add another variable into, let's say, Game_System and in the RMX-OS configuration you add that variable to the save data for Game_System. But other players couldn't be notified of the state of that variable.

RoseSkye

I don't want to notify the player I want to trigger a switch only when the player is online. I.E. a player pulls a switch which triggers a game_switch and opens a door for as long as the player is online (unless they turn the switch off) and if they log off the game_switch will turn off so they won't exploit the switch by locking everyone else out of the room. I know how dickish people can be and basically playtest with the mentality "as a troll player how would I abuse global switches and variables that acts as a boss room".

Edit: I'd like to show off the player's guild over their username (only when they're in a guild) and their position next to their guild...
Edit 2: If this is possible will guild icons be possible as well?
Something like

*icon*Valkyrie (G. Leader)
               RoseSkye

G_G

I haven't been able to test this but does the player stay on the map even if he goes into a different scene? For example a person runs into a wild encounter, will other people still be able to see that player?

RoseSkye

Blizzard

G_G

No don't change it. I want that D:

Also, how do I set the chat box in scene battle?

(I probably would be able to figure out but extremely lazy xD)

Blizzard

There is a piece of code in RMX-OS for Scene_Map. Just check it out, you should be easily able to just copy paste it and it will work.

G_G

Any possible way to detect whether a client is in battle? Of course I'll probably have to make some modifications to the client class and battle processing interpreter.

Blizzard

It depends on what "in battle" means to you.

G_G

Scene_Battle. :P Using a modified DBS.
Blizz-ABS is so overrated :V

Blizzard

If you add a variable to Game_Actor that is the same value as $game_temp.in_battle, you could add that variable as an exchange variable. But you would also have to make sure that the variable is set and sent before entering battle because during battle there is no data transfer over the network (except for the server using keep-alive pinging).

G_G

One more question, anyway to make all chat messages global? I know this feature seems stupid but I'm kinda getting paid from a friend to do this crap for him.