[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

I was trying to send file data I might try using the decryption method u used to combine the blizzabs methods
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

You mean my method for passwords? That's a one way encryption, also called a hash function. It means that it can be encrypted and used for verification, but it cannot be decrypted.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RyanGough

I'm having some issues. Can anyone help me?

I am only using RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS scripts.

1. The server is up and running and i can connect myself with no problems but my friend is having problems connecting. Some times it works and some times it dosen't.

2. When we are both connected some times one of us will randomly disconect with error message:

undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass
Game_Event:30:in `initialize'
ABS O:878:in `new'
ABS O:878:in `recreate_event'
ABS O:541:in `update_online_enemy'
ABS O:421:in `check_game'
(RMX-OS) Script:845:in `listen'
(RMX-OS) Script:844:in `each'
(RMX-OS) Script:844:in `listen'
(RMX-OS) Script:3618:in `upd_blizzabs_later'
ABS 3:6805:in `update'
Scene_Map:25:in `main_rmxos_later'
Scene_Map:19:in `loop'
Scene_Map:30:in `main_rmxos_later'
(RMX-OS) Script:3606:in `main_blizzabs_later'
ABS 3:6713:in `main_blizzabsrmxos_later'
ABS O:938:in `main'
-<:::RMX-OS Main:::>-:46

3. Another problem when we are both connected is that an invisble enemy will attack and kill us.

4. And the final problem is that when we die we cannot play again on that account because when it logs us in it says "game over".

so... any ideas?  :P

Blizzard

1. Make sure you are using the compatibility plugin for Blizz-ABS and RMX-OS.
2. Make sure you have all scripts in the right order.
3. Wipe your database after you have added all scripts. All scripts that "corrupt save data" require you to wipe your database because technically, the database contains all the save data.
4. If you keep getting a game-over screen, turn off the auto game-over option in Blizz-ABS and put together an own event system that will handle the game-over.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RyanGough

Thanks for a quick reply i think you have solved my 3 and 4 problems.

But for problem 1 we both have the Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS script and i have correctly added the extension. I have copied and paste the whole file so we both have the same files. Im not really too sure what i was doing with port forwarding, i read somewhere that is what i needed to do, but the thing that confuses me is sometimes it is ok and the server says online for both of us and we can see each other when logged on, (it even worked sometimes before i started messing around with port forwarding)?

And for problem 2 the scripts are in this order which i think is correct:

(RMX-OS) Options
(RMX-OS) Scripts
ABS 1
ABS 2
ABS 3
Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS
-<:::RMX-OS Main:::>-

Blizzard

Yes, you have to set up the port forwarding properly. Otherwise you will have problems with online/offline status and visibility between clients.
Try resetting your router configuration and then set it up again.

Vaelen

Hi Blizzard.
sorry if you already answered this question (maybe it should be in the faq) but what happens if the User saves his game and load it? I still don't understand everything what is saved in the mysql database (and some other rmx-os extensions save in a .dat).
I made some tests and the server saves so much that I only need to login. (great work) So I thought to disable the save menu.
Is that a good idea (data inconsistency if loading???) or is it better to save and load (don't think so).

Maybe I should study the manual better, because I'm not sure wich switches and variables are stored in the db (I think all).

If save is not recommended it would be nice if rmx-os disables that.

Ps: is there somewhere a api for the ruby commands in rmxp? my maker refuses to help me with f1  :<_<:
the last time I worked with RPG Maker was before I studied now I'm more interested in the script commands like player_actor.die or something like that ^^ but at least a command list would be nice..

thx alot
thx blizz for the great work (I don't have to do) ;)
RMX-OS gonna be legen.... wait-for-it... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqf1BmN4Dag

Blizzard

Technically you should disable the save menu as it saves everything still in the normal RMXP save data format on the user's HDD (though RMX-OS disables the loading menu so it can't be loaded). I didn't make RMX-OS disable the saving since it's an option in the game menu. The game creator should take care of that (preferably get a custom menu without a save option at all).

RMX-OS saves by itself frequently enough. I have explained the saving subsystem thoroughly in the technical documentation of the manual if you want more information. Long story short, it use an alternate serialization process so data can be selectively saved (only changed data is being saved which reduces network load). The only thing that can cause inconsistency is the extended autosave option which is off by default.

Switches and variables are saved with the user save data, just like the normal save data. Global switches and variables are saved separately by the RMX-OS extension. I could have made it use the database as well, but I wanted to keep that script simple without the need to add an additional table and saving to a file is simple enough.

If you need documentation on Ruby, I suggest you just google for it. There's a API reference online. RMXP's default scripts were structured based on Ruby so the only way to find out if you can use something like player_actor.die is to check out the default scripts.

Vaelen

thx for your respond... I totally forgot that there isn't any Load Menu  :^_^':

And yes you could write it to the db, changing the tables wouldn't be that difficult but I think there is no need for a bunch of global variables.

Its a bit offtopic but I tried your Blizz-ABS with rmx-os and the needed extension.. it worked fine but it was very laggy with over 4 players.
Is that the current state of those modifications combined or did I something wrong?
But I don't need a ABS so urgent. I like the old FF battle systems. I hope there will be no problems with a sideview battle system and rmx-os. (I didn't tried yet.. I wonder what happens to other players if they go infight). But I want the Minimap from Blizz-ABS. I don't think it would be trivial to extract the code from your ABS and didn't find some minimap in the script database.. but maybe you can help me out with this.

Have a good weekend!

Blizzard

Tons of Add-ons has the Blizz-ABS Minimap script as a separate add-on.
I never had the conditions to properly stress-test the server with more than one player at a time so you're on your own here.

Vaelen

June 04, 2011, 10:23:22 pm #1190 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:19:55 pm by Vaelen
Oh ok.. Tons of Addons.. the name is adequate..

If you need some people for tests just let me know.. my friends/dev team and I will help you gladly.
our time zone is CEST / GMT+1.

Edit:
there is a bug if you use rmx-os with the seperate minimap. I don't remember this bug at Blizz-ABS but with this minimap I can switch with F5 between different views, not every view is updatet. I switched often that I get the chat and the Minimap..  but on a test with friends we realize that the chat isn't updated.. you just don't see any text.. again I click f5 to find a view which updates the chat.. but then the minimap isn't updated..

anyway I deactivated all unnecessary scripts.. it cause only lag.. (like global time & night) its not much but the amount counts..
tomorrow I should get my v-server.. I'm curious how the lag will be..

Blizzard

Just change the chat button in RMX-OS. It should be somewhere in the extended script configuration.

Vaelen

June 08, 2011, 06:42:48 pm #1192 Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:58:50 pm by Vaelen
ok I will try that later..

I have some new problems.. I use Ubuntu 10.04lts with ruby 1.9.1 and mysql5

edit:
RMX-OS.rb:4:in `require': /home/rmxp/mysql.so: invalid ELF header - /home/rmxp/mysql.so (LoadError)
       from RMX-OS.rb:4:in `<main>'

maybe I need a different mysql.so for linux?  I will search..

edit2:
ok i found it here http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5055.0.html

but now i have this error
libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /home/rmxp/mysql.so 

I will search..

edit3:

I MADE IT MOTHER FU§§§ %"§%"..
apache, tomcat, mysql, java, ruby..  and now this shit.. 8 hours of my lifetime.. and now it works.. (I never want to be a linux admin)

For all Users with Ubuntu and MySql >5.1.x

first you need the modified version of mysql.so  from here http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5055.0.html
big thx @ edwardthefma

and then you need libmysqlclient15 (because 15 isn't existent since mysql5.1)  you can get it here http://automation.binarysage.net/?page_id=315
thats the last source wich is online and has these files!!  (here is the install tut http://automation.binarysage.net/?p=1311)

Just copy the file to your server, cd to this folder and type
dpkg -i libmysqlclient15off_5.1.30really5.0.75-0ubuntu10.5_i386

and then you can finally start RMX-OS..
Blizzard, pls distribute the libmysqlclient15 deb files or at least write that in the manual.. or update all your database stuff to use the new libmysqlclient.

have a nice day..

last edit: since rmx-os doesn't run with a daemon or something like that the RMX-OS Server will be closed after you close your Putty(SSH Session)..
with this behaviour you don't need a server if you always need to run putty on a computer..
But you can start the Ruby Script with a & at the end..

ruby RMX-OS.rb &

and it will be run as Orphan Process if you close the window..

pls add this to the faq or manual.

Blizzard

I will add this information and very likely the files to the next RMX-OS release. You are pretty much the first to properly made it run on a Linux system so you will be given special thanks for your contribution. :)

Vaelen

Quote from: James McCloud on June 09, 2011, 02:55:19 am
I will add this information and very likely the files to the next RMX-OS release. You are pretty much the first to properly made it run on a Linux system so you will be given special thanks for your contribution. :)

thx :) thats really cool  :shaft:

element

June 09, 2011, 03:45:06 pm #1195 Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:46:07 pm by element
Hi all,
I'm here with a question.

Today I was trying all day to run rmx-os and it works just perfectly untill i try changing it all from just localhost to my external ip and then trying to run the server.

To clear things out:
-All my ports are forwarded and work. (tested and confirmed)
-MySQL works fine
-I set up the SQL in Navicat
-There I set the server name/ip to localhost (tried all kinds of ips here, 192.164.1.1, my external...)
-The server works fine in localhost (I can connect and make an account and that works)
-I don't know what settings to change to the external ip and wich not to.
-I have no server extensions installed, just the default rmx-os folder.

I tried a lot of different combinations and after setting each one up i tried to run the server and it gives me this error:

Starting TCP Server at '*my external ip*:54269' . . .
Unexpected error occured!
The asked adress is not right in the context of the adress/ - bind<2>
then theres 6 lines of initialize, new, start_socket, start, main and <main>

RMX-OS Server is being teminated . . .

Now my question to you is, could there be some setting that im forgetting? Becouse it feels like im just forgetting one little detail.
Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions :D
Thank you

Blizzard

You don't do that. You run your server on your local IP (NOT localhost but an IP like 192.168.x.x) and forward the ports to your machine with that IP. In the client configuration of RMX-OS you enter the external IP.

Vaelen

Quote from: Blizzard on June 09, 2011, 04:06:25 pm
You don't do that. You run your server on your local IP (NOT localhost but an IP like 192.168.x.x) and forward the ports to your machine with that IP. In the client configuration of RMX-OS you enter the external IP.

you are always faster.. but I can confirm :) you need only to set up your lan IP. your port forwarding is appointed to a lan ip.. and thats the ip you need in the config.

element

aaaaah Ok
I'll try that later today.

Thank You ! ^^

diagostimo

hey, i have litrally got everything working on my own, the only thing i need help with is setting up this script--- http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3444.0

i have included the os add-on right below the item storage script, and these are below the two os scripts, i create a new user on the server it loads fine, i quit the game then reboot it loging in as same user, loads fine, i go to anpc that executed the item deposit and put some random items in there, quit then log back in and i get this error:

Script'(RM-OS) Script' line 2458: Argument Error occurred.

any idea what im doing wrong?