[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

You should post that problem in the other topic. It seems to be an incompatibility problem.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

Ah so great!

It's totally working now.
I wanna thank you so much for making this and helping me blizz :)

Now let's get to creating epicness  :naughty:

Vaelen

Hey Blizz, do you have any ideas why the lag is variable on different maps?

I have some maps that lags so much that the game even slow downs if some other player moves around.
And on another map its nearly perfect sync without any lag. There are almost no scripts (we do only mapping at the moment) on both maps.. but why this huge difference?

Other Question, shoud I use Blizz Abseal? (i don't use blizz abs)

thx
thx blizz for the great work (I don't have to do) ;)
RMX-OS gonna be legen.... wait-for-it... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqf1BmN4Dag

Blizzard

June 12, 2011, 04:57:26 am #1203 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:00:28 am by Blizzard
ABSEAL doesn't work well with RMX-OS. You can try, but it's likely that you have problems. I haven't really tested ABSEAL with RMX-OS, but I can see many potential problems.

What are the differences between your maps?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mroedesigns

Quote from: Blizzard on June 12, 2011, 04:57:26 am
ABSEAL doesn't work well with RMX-OS. You can try, but it's likely that you have problems. I haven't really tested ABSEAL with RMX-OS, but I can many potential problems.

if ABSEAL doesnt work well, are there any anti-lag systems that you would recommend?

Wizered67

QuoteUsing a generic Anti-Lag system with RMX-OS might conceptually not be a good idea, because of online interaction between characters. Make sure your Anti-Lag system can work with RMX-OS properly without causing problems.

Here's what Blizzard said in the first post.

Blizzard

As I said, I see many potential problems. But it wouldn't be the first time two of my scripts work together seamlessly without prior testing. xD Best you try it and see for yourself since I could be wrong.

Vaelen

Quote from: Blizzard on June 12, 2011, 04:57:26 am
ABSEAL doesn't work well with RMX-OS. You can try, but it's likely that you have problems. I haven't really tested ABSEAL with RMX-OS, but I can see many potential problems.

What are the differences between your maps?

I didn't realised any difference with Abseal or without.. but I will made some tests (not today, my head feels like it gonna expload)

I don't know the difference.. first I thought its about the map size.. but its not.. and also the script amount has no effekt.. (maybe coincidence).. tomorrow I hope my brain feels not like eaten by a zombie.. then I will make some tests..

good night..

Blizzard

Make a map 100x100 with ca. 200 normal events and event graphics. Run it once with ABSEAL on and once with ABSEAL off. You will see the difference.
You can also use the separate ABSEAL script in a new project if you wanna do this test.

Vaelen

June 15, 2011, 08:56:22 pm #1209 Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:20:43 pm by Vaelen
On my PC see no difference ^^  but on my laptop.. omfg..  (rmxp uses only one core -.-)  unplayable without abseal.

for the multiplayer it makes no difference (didn't mention one).
Do Blizz-ABS use the same code to do the work of Abseal? (If I understand correctly it have his own abseal)

But still the lag.. I will now delete all scripts except the 3 rmx os scripts.. and then I try it with blizz-abs  (I see a lot of drop table^^)

Edit:
I think I will stay with blizz abs and rmx-os.. the lag could be worse. I think its better as without blizz-abs oO.. but there is really no abseal with the controller.
Now it lags even on my PC on the big Test Map..
But I understand why abseal can't be on blizz-abs with rmx-os.
I hope your ARC Project precedes.. I really want to change the engine :)  (would be cool if you get it compatible with all scripts.. like rmx-os.. or something similar.. but native implemented multiplayer is essential)

ps: hey blizz, you are a good singer  :haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6S5caRGpK4  -epic-

Blizzard

The ABSEAL script that I have released is actually taken from Blizz-ABS, but non-Blizz-ABS parts have been removed (such as on the minimap).
Yes, Blizz-ABS requires more CPU time (obviously). If you want to enable ABSEAL for Blizz-ABS with RMX-OS, there is a forced turning off in the Blizz-ABS Controller script. Just comment out that value and you will have ABSEAL for Blizz-ABS with RMX-OS and then you can try it out.

EDIT: You should totally watch "Doctor Horrible's Sing-along Blog". It even got an Emmy.

KoenLemmen

Koen Lemmen

Information:
Spoiler: ShowHide
PS I am dutch. So I could make some typ faults. 8)

More info: :P

Hello I am Koen,
I come from the Netherlands,
and I am still living there.
I playing many games.

Here is a list with favorites:
Saint Row 2
Red Alert 1, 2 and 3
WarRock
AA3

I like making sites and games.
I'm always making my games with RPG Maker XP.
Sometimes I do work with Visual C++ and Adobe Photo shop.

2 years ago I made internet radio. Thats one of my hobby's. Because I like music.

Still questions about me? You can mail me. gamekoen@hotmail.nl or follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/KoenLemmen.
Greets Koen

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Lol, I'm not Neil Patrick Harris. xD

G_G

Vaelen

Quote from: KoenLemmen on June 16, 2011, 08:45:57 am
Are you really singing this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6S5caRGpK4 ?

loool you didn't know that? XD He is also an actor in the TV-Show How I Met Your Mother.. and in his freetime he make RMXP Scripts  :clap:  
and he has still time to answer our questions..
All Stars should be like Blizzard :D

Blizzard

I should put up my own picture as avatar again. People have forgotten who I am. #_#

Vaelen

Quote from: Blizzard on June 16, 2011, 02:12:14 pm
I should put up my own picture as avatar again. People have forgotten who I am. #_#

hehe but take the picture in a suit.. and take the same position like barney ^^

mroedesigns

Quote from: Vaelen on June 16, 2011, 03:38:15 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on June 16, 2011, 02:12:14 pm

hehe but take the picture in a suit.. and take the same position like barney ^^

:O You have to do it blizz, it'd be too perfect. hahaha /offtopic

Blizzard

I don't have a tie, but I have a great outfit that I could wear: My favorite seduction clothes. <3

EDIT: I don't mean naked, I mean actual clothes.

G_G

You got my hopes up and errything.