[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Did you accidentally change to configuration and set the max length of the username to 1? It's 10 by default.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

decinbr

I could not find where I change from 1 to 10, searched but could not find anything, blizzard help me, please ..

mroedesigns

I went through and started touching up my menu. I've gotten everything cleaned up and fixed, but I still can't figure out how not to show the players username. I looked in the manual and did a find search through the scripts trying to figure it out.

Blizzard

You mean the name sprites? You have a script call for that called $game_temp.name_sprites.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShinoTakadora

Please answer, where the stored accounts of players? :???:

Blizzard

In the SQL database as I explained it in the manual. Read the manual.

ShinoTakadora

Sorry, I am Russian and I have only a matter about accounts, as they can be removed for example? ;)

Blizzard

You can either use your database management software to delete accounts (they are stored in the table "users") or you can run an SQL query on the database (which actually also requires database management software) to delete the user. The simplest way is just to open the database in the database management software, open the users table, simply find the user account you want to delete and delete it. Most database management software should have a graphical user interface that makes it easy to navigate.

ShinoTakadora

Thank you, I figured all, :^_^':
Yet still some issues that I have not figured out.
The commands in the chat. Is it possible to: Trading between players, PVP?

Blizzard

Yes, trading is available. I don't know the commands from memory right now, but I think it was /trade. Just look it up in the manual. You should find a list of all chat commands easily.

PVP is only available if you use an ABS. Blizz-ABS works with RMX-OS, just don't forget to add the special compatibility script called "Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS" and the server extension with the same name.

ShinoTakadora

And I can somehow corrected lag when moving the players? :???:

Blizzard

That's not really possible. There's always gonna be some lag. That's how the network works.

ShinoTakadora

Well, one more question,
Why when you type symbols have a login, passwords, or in chat during the game, there see is only one symbol?

Blizzard

What is the symbol that you see? How does it look like?

ShinoTakadora

It looks like this:

Spoiler: ShowHide

In fact, there were introduced login and password, but they are not visible. In the chat is the same.
At a set of symbols are not visible, but if you send the message in the chat it will be seen.

Blizzard

July 27, 2012, 03:27:42 pm #1355 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:29:54 pm by Blizzard
The only thing that would strike me here is that it may not be able to show UTF8 characters properly. But I have tested that and it worked fine. Can you upload a copy of your client? I'd like to see if it happens on my PC as well with the same client.

I might have an idea what could be causing this problem. Which characters are displayed? Are the "S" and the "0" the first character? What happens if you don't use SHIFT? When you press a button and the character does not appear, what happens if you press Backspace? Does the visible character get deleted or the "invisible" one?

Rickpwns

What they mean:

If you try to log-in to your server, you can only type one character.
Also, if you type your password, each character makes 2 *'s.

I checked the settings, and nothing seem to be wrong.

Maybe you can help?

Thank you in advance!

ShinoTakadora

Quote from: Rickpwns on July 27, 2012, 05:47:52 pm
What they mean:

If you try to log-in to your server, you can only type one character.

I checked the settings, and nothing seem to be wrong.

Maybe you can help?

Thank you in advance!

That's what I said,

Blizzard

July 28, 2012, 05:51:36 am #1358 Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:34:40 am by Blizzard
Then I think I know what's causing the problem. For some reason your keyboard sends multiple characters when you press keys. Sure, a non-ASCII character is ok to have multiple characters since it's encoded in UTF8, but others shouldn't be doing that. I'll take a look at this, but I'm not really sure if it's fixable at all.

EDIT: Actually I think I found the problem. :) I'll put up v1.21 over the course of the day.

EDIT: There you go. I couldn't test it myself, because my keyboard only sends 2-byte Unicode characters. It was basically a bug that was caused by a mistake I made when updating the input module to properly support 4-byte Unicode characters. One piece of code was still assuming 2-byte characters.

Keep in mind that you may need a proper font for 4 byte Unicode characters.

And also, this here:

Quote from: Rickpwns on July 27, 2012, 05:47:52 pm

This is what gave me the idea what could be wrong.

ShinoTakadora

Thank you! Now everything is in order, :clap: