[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

You can assign the variable value using a script like:

$game_variables[SOME_ID] = $network.user_id

Make sure the variable is set as global. Just note that this sets the variable for ALL players, not just the two. I guess you could figure out something to limit it to them by using another variable to make sure no other players on the map can currently access that puzzle or something. Or try to redesign your puzzle's background logic. Maybe you can do this in a smarter way.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

firelad97

i have another problem... Again. I can't chat!!! I pressed F5, then nothing happens. Chat window got closed, that's all.
Spoiler: ShowHide
* The profile picture I use is not mine. I use this because it look like cool. *

Blizzard

F5 is for showing the window, not for activating chat mode. *points to manual*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

firelad97

November 17, 2012, 11:15:12 am #1443 Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:08:13 pm by Blizzard
Oh man, thank you.... I should read the manual. Oh so you like role-playing? :3 *opens the manual and reading*

EDIT: More problems when I add more addition scripts... When I login, RMX-OX is giving me errors:

wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)
Blizz-ABS PT2:3864:in `refresh'
Blizz-ABS PT2:3864:in `refresh'
Blizz-ABS PT2:3862:in `each'
Blizz-ABS PT2:3862:in `refresh'
Blizz-ABS PT3:2759:in `refresh_caterpillar'
tons pt1:2834:in `refresh'
Blizz-ABS PT2:2219:in `init_caterpillar'
Blizz-ABS PT2:876:in `setup_starting_members'
(RMX-OS) Script:6106:in `load_game'
(RMX-OS) Script:6090:in `update'
(RMX-OS) Script:5336:in `main'
(RMX-OS) Script:5333:in `loop'
(RMX-OS) Script:5338:in `main'
-<:::RMX-OS Main:::>-:46

This time, it's Blizz-ABS Part 2 script error...
* The profile picture I use is not mine. I use this because it look like cool. *

Blizzard

Please use the "Modify" button (top right corner of a post) instead of double-posting.

Make sure that you wipe your database. The database is the equivalent of savegames and when you install/uninstall a majority of functional scripts, they mess up old savegames (and usually they have a warning that tells you that they "corrupt" old savegames).

(You can wipe your database by using the command "DROP DATABASE 'rmxosdb'" and then recreating it with the SQL scripts.)

khkramer

December 28, 2012, 06:12:13 pm #1445 Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:47:16 am by khkramer

When I run the server on Centos , I get this erro when logging in or registrering.
Got any ideas what the problem could be?

NVM, reinstalled server to ubuntu

iNumPad

Hi everybody. I'am from Brazil! (Land of "Samba", "Best Soccer of the World!" :naughty: and.. "The best fuc... corruption.. :facepalm:)

Fine. I can't make RMX - OS works!!! I do everything but when i start de game, Localhost appears "Offline"

Here some screens...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone can say what i doing wrong? I try to disable firewall, add port exception. Everything, but don't works.
The strange thing is that the server say that is running!!!

[Sorry about my english.. I'am a not expert ang Google Translator suc.. and i don't use that sh..]

Blizzard

Press Windows Key + R, type "cmd" (without the ") and press ENTER. Now type "ipconfig" and press ENTER. This should list your LAN IP address (it will most probably look like 192.168.*.*). Try using that one instead of 127.0.0.1.
You are trying to run the server and the game on the same computer, right?

iNumPad

Quote from: Blizzard on January 07, 2013, 10:44:32 am
Press Windows Key + R, type "cmd" (without the ") and press ENTER. Now type "ipconfig" and press ENTER. This should list your LAN IP address (it will most probably look like 192.168.*.*). Try using that one instead of 127.0.0.1.
You are trying to run the server and the game on the same computer, right?

Don't works too. Yes, in same computer. But, i will forget this for a time.. some months. My 'provisory' computer is  much slow, and don't run Anti-Malware,and my computer are infected now, so i'am will install some Linux OS. Because not have a lot of malwares. But, don't works RMXP  :'(
Tnx, when i win a new computer i will try to fix this problem again.

Blizzard

Both the RMX-OS server and RMXP can be run on Linux actually.
For the server, just check the installation guide in the manual, it tells you what you need to do.
For RMXP, check out this topic: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,1731.0.html

Xolitude

January 31, 2013, 12:01:45 am #1450 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:43:21 am by Blizzard
Whenever I add my extension for the Blizz-ABS RMX-OS Controller, and open my server, it just closes instantly.

Config:
NAME = 'RMX-OS Server'
HOST = '192.168.1.105'
PORT = 5234
RMXOS_VERSION = 1.01

LOG_MESSAGES = true
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

DEBUG_MODE = false

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 30
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5
USE_IP_BANNING = false
PREVENT_ZOMBIE_CLIENTS =
RUBY_PROMPT =
OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = true
DATABASE_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 60

SQL_HOSTNAME = '127.0.0.1'
SQL_USERNAME = 'root'
SQL_PASSWORD = 'root'
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb'

INBOX_SIZE = 10

EXTENSIONS = [Blizz]

Also, No logs are created so I can't post any. Any help would be appreciated <3

Blizzard

EXTENSIONS uses strings. You set it to:

EXTENSIONS = [Blizz]

Try setting it to this instead:

EXTENSIONS = ['Blizz']

Also, please use spoilers for images. *fixes*

MOAL

Just a heads up, if you use the Mouse Controller with RMX-OS, the login menu works fine. But if you add Blizz-ABS, you cannot click on any of the buttons on the login. Not sure if anyone knows about it or what.

Zexion

I don't know if I should post this here, but if there was no abs in the game, how would you do pvp with rmx-os? would you need to make another script, or is it included already

Blizzard

I think you just have to set up the groups in Blizz-ABS, but it's been so long I touched either of these scripts that I don't remember.

Skaaz

Hi, it's now 4 times that I try to install OS RMX, but I'm stuck at installing mysql, if possible, I wonder if it would be possible for you and me install OS RMX RMX Gui OS on my pc via Team Viewer?
You would pay about 35 € ($ 40 should do it at home) every month since the release of the beta. You will also have a VIP account at Network DoMoon V1 surely open its doors in 3 weeks.

Here, I hope really, because almost nobody was able to install it in my community, thank you for your understanding  :^_^':

Blizzard

February 05, 2013, 02:51:39 pm #1456 Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:52:48 pm by Blizzard
I'm seriously taking down the link for the RMX-OS GUI. Ryex never updates it and it doesn't work with the current version.
Don't use RMX-OS GUI, configure RMX-OS manually. It's really not that difficult if you just follow the installation guide step by step.

Ryex

ya, I either need to do a complete revamp of the dam thing or scrap it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Grim

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2013, 02:51:39 pm
I'm seriously taking down the link for the RMX-OS GUI. Ryex never updates it and it doesn't work with the current version.
Don't use RMX-OS GUI, configure RMX-OS manually. It's really not that difficult if you just follow the installation guide step by step.

What's up with it exactly? It works flawlessly for me, after a few trial and errors of course.

Blizzard

Most people simply can't handle trial and error.