[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dvkrane

Is there a way for 4 different players/guild members to all be involved in one party battle in the default battle system?

G_G

Not without a custom extension. Someone would have to script it for you.

glad300

I can't run the file RMX-OS.rb .... I installed Ruby 2.0.0-p247 (not the x64) but if I try to run rmx-os with ruby.exe, the console says : "Error : 'NAME' has not be defined properly in the configuration file." :o What the hell can i do to fix it ?? uninstall, reboot... i have already done it a billion times ... thank you for any help  :-*

ps: i am not english, if you don't understand something say it

Blizzard

It literally tells you what to do. The parameter NAME has not been set in the configuration file cfg.ini.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

glad300

That's right ... I didnt think about it... in fact my file .rb doesnt run directly with ruby, I must right click and open it manually with ruby each time and I thought the error came from here... whatever thanks for your very fast answer  :)

MikyGonzalez

On the internet, when I write a message that is displayed above the character, and on my screen removes the last message a few seconds, but another client the message is not removed. The same goes for the other way

Blizzard

I've gotten reports of this before, but I am not sure why this happens. Since I can't replicate it, I can't really find where the problem is and fix it, sorry. If you could isolate the problem (I might have a few ideas where the problem could lie), I could take a look at it, but you're not a Ruby scripter. :/
Also, does it happen when you don't use Blizz-ABS?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MikyGonzalez

August 25, 2013, 02:40:47 pm #1587 Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:43:13 pm by MikyGonzalez
Without Blitzz-abs script that stops spending, the problem must be the script Blitzz-abs.

EDIT: Another mistake I found, always testing from the internet, the character going from one map to another, his character remains also in the map that comes in the last position, until it re-enters the map.

Blizzard

I thought I fixed that. :/ For some unknown reason this only happens when Blizz-ABS is present and it doesn't even happen most of the time. Only some specific network configuration seem to cause it.

Denzel

Hello, i'm trying to run the server of RMX-OS on my vps.
It is CentOS based, I installed ruby 1.9.3 and also ruby 2.0
But when I run ruby RMX-OS.rb it gave me error on mysql.so (Load Error)
I tested using 1.9 and 2.0

VPS: CentOS release 6.4 (Final) x86_64 GNU/Linux

/usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p247/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext                                              /kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': /srv/mmo_server/bin/2.0/mysql_api.so: invali                                              d ELF header - /srv/mmo_server/bin/2.0/mysql_api.so (LoadError)
        from /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p247/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/ruby                                              gems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
        from RMX-OS.rb:72:in `<main>'

Blizzard

Make sure that you install Ruby x86, not Ruby x64. RMX-OS should work with both v1.9.3 and v2.0.0.

firevenge007

I seem to be having a problem with the name of the SQL database

Blizzard

What did you name the database when you created it? This is what you have to put in the cfg.ini file. By default it's called "rmxosdb", but it can obviously be changed in the SQL script before executing it.

firevenge007

I'm using MySQL workspace, but I'm not sure exactly how I'm supposed to find the name of the SQL database.

I looked it up and I found people telling each other to use

select name from sys.sysdatabases
where dbid=db_id()

in a query and they'd find the name, but I keep coming up with errors.

0   4   17:58:53   select name from sys.sysdatabases
where dbid=db_id()
LIMIT 0, 1000   Error Code: 1305. FUNCTION db_id does not exist   0.000 sec

:(

PhoenixFire

If you actually mean workbench, not workspace, then you should have actually named it yourself when you created it... Just sayin'..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

firevenge007

I am so confused.

This is the only name I see, but it's a connection and not a database.

So, I'm not exactly sure how in the world I can find this

khkramer

Press the connection and then you should have a list of databases on the left if i'm not mistaken.

Blizzard

If there is a connection, it means that the MySQL server is up and running properly. As khkramer said, open the connection and there should be a list of databases. Create a new database there, then run the SQL query from the Database folder in the RMX-OS server folder (which you downloaded already) to create the necessary tables in the database. If you don't name the database "rmxosdb", make sure to change it in the provided SQL query as well (it's somewhere on top among the first few lines).

firevenge007

Still kind of confused about finding it

This is what I get, but this won't work either when I type it in.

Blizzard

Honestly, I never used MySQL Workbench so I'm not sure. Somebody else will have to fill in. Though, the schemas on the left side might be what you are looking for.