[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

August 06, 2014, 02:09:29 am #1720 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:10:33 am by Zexion
Can you make the RTP a seperate DL because it's kinda bleh having to download 121mb each time
Edit: Oh I saw you are working on that. MAh bad

LiTTleDRAgo

def mod_error(error)
  # load scripts
  scripts = load_data('Data/Scripts.rxdata')
  bt = error.backtrace.clone
  # change backtrace display to show script names
  bt.each_index {|i| bt[i] = bt[i].sub(/\ASection(\d+)/) {scripts[$1.to_i][1]} + "\n"}
  # new error message
  message = error.message + "\n" + bt.join('')
  # write to file if file defined
  if ERROR_LOG_FILE != ''
    File.open(ERROR_LOG_FILE, 'a') {|f| f.write("#{Time.now.to_s}:\n#{message}\n")}
end
return message

you forget putting an "end" right below "return message"

GohanRocks922

Ok i installed Ruby and mysql and it doesn't work, the server says "offline" What do I do?

Melosx

Hi guys  :-*
Only a question.
To avoid any problems or blocks, it is best to create the menu on the map, displaying and hiding the windows in the scene, or I can use the standard menu and change it? I read something about it months ago but I can't find that message in the net.  :'(

Zexion

Melosx

Yep,  exactly. The game run normally under the menu, like a normal mmorpg.
Thanks for the script, don't need, for the moment(?), the change in the opacity so I'll extract the part about the pause.
Thank you again. :*

whitespirits

October 04, 2014, 02:21:22 pm #1726 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:41:36 am by whitespirits
Hi guys, so i found a very annoying bug that resets save data and players start from beginning again! after a ton of testing i have found the connection and been able to replicate it, so if there are no events on the map then i guess that means that there will be no reset. it seems to be linked to events running on the map, parallel process defiantly causes it, and also ryex dynamic sounds being added, and attacking monsters or them interacting can cause it. It dose not happen religiously every time but it will eventually if there is an active event that runs along side players. Any ideas its a bit of a game destroyer.

few updates,

so when i use a common even parallel process for example re spawn, its a definite data loss, standard parallel cause over time or at a random point

whitespirits

Canibecooltoo

players cant see another player in the area even when entering or exiting to the same scene.  and im guessing this doesnt sync monsters so that both players see the same monster in the same spot i tested this on two computers.

Alternalo

Hi!
I just want to make a door that can only be opened if you're in a guild, so i tried to make a conditional branch, and used self.in_guild? in the script section, but it doesn't work. Could anyone help me how to do this properly? I've never used this function yet, and don't understand how should it work.
Thx!

Wizered67

I believe you need to use $network instead of self, so try $network.in_guild? .

Alternalo

Quote from: Wizered67 on December 05, 2014, 10:12:59 am
I believe you need to use $network instead of self, so try $network.in_guild? .

And it worked! Thank you!

Wizered67

Glad it worked. While self can be used inside the Network class, to reference it outside the class you need to use $network.

Alternalo

Quote from: Wizered67 on December 05, 2014, 12:53:33 pm
Glad it worked. While self can be used inside the Network class, to reference it outside the class you need to use $network.

I see, and also tried out that shop plugin that works like an auction house, restricted it to only be available on some maps, so my guild house is now finally complete :P

R5GAMER

You know how to display the number of people there in the server?
..........________
....'/,-Y"............."~-.
..l.Y.......................^.
./\............................_\
i.................... ___/"...."\
|.................../"...."\ .....o!
l..................].......o !__../
.\..._..._.........\..___./......"~\
..X...\/...\.....................___./
.(. \.___......_.....--~~".....~`-.           
....`.Z,--........./.....................\
.......\__....(......../.........._____)
...........\.........l......../---~~" /
............Y.......\................../
............|........"x_____.^
............|.....................\
............j.....................Y

PhoenixFire

Unless it's something already built into RMX-OS, I would think the simplest way to do that would be to have a global variable that is increased by one every time a client connects, and decreased by one each time a disconnect happens. When you want to display that number, you just grab the value of the variable.. I would think it would probably be very simple to integrate in that manner, though, there are others on here more experienced than I with this system.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

R5GAMER

March 12, 2015, 01:21:43 am #1736 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:36:47 am by R5GAMER
Quote from: PhoenixFire on March 11, 2015, 09:27:12 pm
Unless it's something already built into RMX-OS, I would think the simplest way to do that would be to have a global variable that is increased by one every time a client connects, and decreased by one each time a disconnect happens. When you want to display that number, you just grab the value of the variable.. I would think it would probably be very simple to integrate in that manner, though, there are others on here more experienced than I with this system.

I use this method , but I told myself that if there was a more optimized method it will better ^^
..........________
....'/,-Y"............."~-.
..l.Y.......................^.
./\............................_\
i.................... ___/"...."\
|.................../"...."\ .....o!
l..................].......o !__../
.\..._..._.........\..___./......"~\
..X...\/...\.....................___./
.(. \.___......_.....--~~".....~`-.           
....`.Z,--........./.....................\
.......\__....(......../.........._____)
...........\.........l......../---~~" /
............Y.......\................../
............|........"x_____.^
............|.....................\
............j.....................Y

Valentine

Hello.

I do not speak English. I'm using google translator.

We Brazilians and people from other countries use accents (´`~^) and they do not work on your input. Someone know how I solve this problem? I want to be able to put accents: à, é, ñ, ã, â etc.

Congratulations on your work, Blizzard.

Ctrl_Alt_Defeat

So I was able to get the server up just fine and managed to have a friend join me (through hamachi)! However, I'm curious about something. Is everything client sided in terms of events on a map? Or is there a way to make some events global? For example if I were to have a boss monster walking around where everyone can interact?
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Blizzard

No, for this functionality you will need an additional script.
Blizz-ABS does do enemy synchronization, but not generic event synchronization.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.