[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

There you go, fixed 0.9 is up.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

acebelowzero

August 11, 2009, 01:20:03 pm #161 Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:33:12 pm by acebelowzero
Hey i have a slight problem...

My sql sever is up and running everything works fine except for this...

I start the sql sever[works fine] then i start the RMX-OS ruby program but this happens

I have no idea y its not workin?

Can someone please help.

Sorry about other stupid post i made ok.  My brother used my computer while i was gone and he does the same thing as me but he sucks at it ok. (i was outa town)

Thanks
Whats up!
Vist www.dexia.tk and we will host your very own created games!
Thanks.

Starrodkirby86

I decided to delete your other topic as it was a duplicate to this one. If you have troubles with one of Blizzard's scripts, it's best to post them here like what you did right now.

I don't have any viable solutions for this, by the way, since I'm not an expert at this. ._. I'm just here to tell you what's above.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

acebelowzero

:???:Im i suppose to anything here?

"module Options

SERVERS = [???????]
   SAVE_DATA = {??????}
   CREATION_DATA = {??????}"

This is the options script Please help . im not sure if i put anything in the Module options...:(
:???:
Whats up!
Thanks.

Aqua

Did you read the manual?
You don't put anything in those.

Here's a sample config

module Options

SERVERS = []
    SAVE_DATA = {}
    CREATION_DATA = {}
    #::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    # Server / Connection Settings
    SERVER_REFRESH = 200
    SERVER_TIMEOUT = 200
    SERVERS.push(['Localhost', '127.0.0.1', 56969])
    # Security
    RESERVED_USERNAMES = ['admin', 'root', 'moderator', 'server', 'guild',
        'none']
    RESERVED_GUILDNAMES = ['admin', 'root', 'moderator', 'server', 'guild',
        'none']
    # System
    USERPASS_MIN_LENGTH = 3
    USERPASS_MAX_LENGTH = 16
    CHATINPUT_WIDTH = 480
    CHATBOX_WIDTH = 480
    CHATBOX_LINES = 8
    CHATINPUT_MAX_LENGTH = 60
    PM_MAX_LENGTH = 1000
    GUILDNAME_MAX_LENGTH = 32

acebelowzero

ok thank u.  but can u help me out with my other problem the one below that's the one that's getting on my nerves i have really everything i know but see i don't know much- lol-

Whats up!
Thanks.

Blizzard

It looks like your PC doesn't accept remote connections over TCP. Just google for "TCP connection premission denied" or something like that. The error is not related to RMX-OS itself.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

How would I check what group the player is in?
ie,
Conditional Branch: Script: player_is? 8 (mod)? (most likely nothing like that :P )
*event stuff*
Else: *event stuff*

Blizzard

$network.usergroup # contains the usergroup identifier of the player
$network.admin? # returns true if the player is an admin or 2nd admin
$network.mod? # return true if the player is a mod, admin or 2nd admin

Ryex

I get an undefined method or variable error in the method in the .9 scripts in the Remeox client
def try_register(user, pass)
      self.send("REG#{username}\t#{encrypt_password(password)}")
    end
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

change username to user and password to pass

Aqua

Logging out is bugged...
When I exit the game, I can't relogin as it says that I'm already logged in... >.>

Ryex

Quote from: game_guy on August 15, 2009, 08:01:38 pm

yes I did that but I telling him it is still there
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fugibo

Quote from: Ryexander on August 15, 2009, 08:07:21 pm
Quote from: game_guy on August 15, 2009, 08:01:38 pm

yes I did that but I telling him it is still there

For the record, the class and method it's reporting are infinitely useful: that's why RGSS tells you them.

Blizzard

Quote from: Ryexander on August 15, 2009, 07:56:35 pm
I get an undefined method or variable error in the method in the .9 scripts in the Remeox client
def try_register(user, pass)
      self.send("REG#{username}\t#{encrypt_password(password)}")
    end

When did you download 0.9? I put up a fixed version after the first time that bug was reported.

Quote from: Aqua on August 15, 2009, 08:05:02 pm
Logging out is bugged...
When I exit the game, I can't relogin as it says that I'm already logged in... >.>

Are you 100% sure that you are using 0.9? Not only that I never encountered that problem since I "fixed" it, I even have a thread on the server running that terminates all clients that are disconnected but are still treated as if they are actually online. Not that it shouldn't be happening, it actually can't happen.

Ryex

August 16, 2009, 01:04:03 pm #175 Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:10:04 pm by Ryexander
I have that problem too  but If I wait a bit (like 30 minuets or so) I can log back in

EDIT: and now the problem seems to be gon after I re DLed the client

Blizzard

Wrong topic then. I fixed in RMX-OS a while ago as I said. Remexos is different and I updated the scripts there. I didn't fix it there before, that's why you got the error. I thought you were talking about RMX-OS because you posted here. :P

Ryex

Hellfire Dragon

Does the /geval command effects currently online or everyone registered on the server? If it only effects those online, any chance of one that effects everyone registered on the server? Or is there an SQL thing I could run in the database for that?

Blizzard

August 17, 2009, 10:21:27 am #179 Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:22:34 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on August 17, 2009, 08:29:00 am
Does the /geval command effects currently online or everyone registered on the server?

*points to manual*

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on August 17, 2009, 08:29:00 am
If it only effects those online, any chance of one that effects everyone registered on the server? Or is there an SQL thing I could run in the database for that?

How would you execute a script on a client isn't connected and has absolutely no way to receive that script command? -_-