[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

September 15, 2009, 02:55:18 am #200 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:56:33 am by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: Blizzard on September 14, 2009, 05:08:10 am
*announces* RMX-OS 1.0 will be out soon. <3
Brace yourselves for sex epicness. This of course means it's...the first complete/public version, right? Of course, version numbers don't mean much to me now, especially since you can just slap out random numbers that will still convince people.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

v1.0 means for me the first release that has all the features that I intended it to have. Every version after that means additional features/bug fixes, etc. It was v0.x so far because not everything that should be in there was in there. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jcsnider

edwardthefma

September 15, 2009, 02:42:10 pm #203 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:44:19 pm by edwardthefma
blizzard showd me how to add commands so i thought i would post wate blizzard told me to do

i was going to use the command to save

Quote from: Blizzard on September 14, 2009, 02:21:02 pm
alias check_normal_commands_teleport check_normal_commands
def check_normal_commands(message)
 if message =~ /\A\/save\Z/
   $network.save
   return true
 end
 return check_normal_commands_teleport(message)
end

Or:

alias check_normal_commands_teleport check_normal_commands
 if message == 'save'
   $network.save
   return true
 end
 return check_normal_commands_teleport(message)
end

then you add

save to the  PARAMETERS section around line 286
and add save to DESCRIPTIONS around line  336
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Blizzard

September 15, 2009, 03:44:09 pm #204 Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:51:58 am by Blizzard
You can add PARAMETERS and DESCRIPTIONS pretty much anywhere as long it's in RMXOS::Data. That way you won't get weird messages when you try use the command improperly.

EDIT: Pretty much this:

class RMXOS::Network

alias check_normal_commands_command_save check_normal_commands
   if message =~ /\A\/save\Z/
     $network.save
     return true
   end
   return check_normal_commands_command_save(message)
 end

end

module RMXOS::Docs

PARAMETERS['save'] = 'none'
 DESCRIPTIONS['save'] = 'Saves the game.'

end

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

C.C. rOyAl

its said there might be complications with an abs, would this include babs?
Spoiler: ShowHide

Hellfire Dragon

Yep, but I think blizzy is supposed to making an extension for rmx-os so it'll work ;)

C.C. rOyAl

Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

September 20, 2009, 06:59:45 pm #208 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:41:57 pm by Ryexander
hey blizz, I've been running a server to test maps and such, and for the hell of it I took a look in the log files and noticed that it was chock full of errors (can't make hide or tails of them as I don't really know how the server works yet) should I send you the actions and error log files so you can look through them?

edit: never mind i just realized that the logs are old, you just included them in the dl for the remexos server and i didn't notice them
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Lol! You can mostly check everything by checking the dates of the errors. I think I cleaned it this time.

phillip1756

plz can you post the script on this topic instead of putting it in the download

Aqua

If you don't get the demo, you wouldn't get a lot of the files that are really important, like the manual.

Blizzard

You can't just put in the script and expect it to work. You need the server scripts and all server related files as well. There's a reason why it's a download.

Also, v1.0 is out. :=

Aqua

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

*asplodes*

Hellfire Dragon

:w00t:
Awesomeness!

This is great Blizzy ;)

Blizzard

And it's already over 6000 lines. o.o;

jcsnider

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on September 27, 2009, 01:37:53 pm
:w00t:
Awesomeness!

This is great Blizzy ;)

/\
      l
Says It all

Hellfire Dragon

:)

Anyway Blizzy, got an error :/
Script' (RMX-OS Script)' line 3288: TypeError

can't clone NilClass

Line 3288: @chat_messages.clone.each {|chat_message|

Comments say it's for chat bubbles but the error still shows even if I set them to false

Blizzard

Weird. I'll look into it.

secondVISION

Hey,

let's say you've completed your v1 script.
I 'install' it but when I want to add new things, like balancing stuff or new maps,.... will that 'mess up' with your script?