[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

element

so with freedb you wont need a computer to be constantly on and its free ?

G_G

no freedb is just a place for a free mysql database, your computer will always have to be on still for the server to always be on

Lost King

Well, this remote database stuff has gotten me...rather confused. So, back to MySQL, I have another computer, it's rather shitty but it runs, it has XP, and has agreed to install MySQL as well as complete the Setup. All I need now is the Database manager, does anyone have suggestions on what to download? I'm sort of lost on it. Also, can I run the server off of that computer, since it's always on and connected to the internet, while I work on the actual game on my good computer?
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

Aqua

Navicat is a good MySql manager.

Yes, you can run a server off that computer.

Lost King

Thank you so much, hopefully I can finally get this all settled and actually get around to making a game.

G_G

how do we add the chat box in other scenes?

Blizzard

Just check out the additional code for Scene_Map in RMX-OS. Basically you need to instantiate the two windows (chat and chat input) and update them every frame.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lost King

December 10, 2009, 07:19:24 pm #307 Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:43:52 pm by Lost King
Happy day! I've finally gotten it working. Now, I'm running the server off my crap computer, how do I go about updating the game from my normal computer? I've got Hamachi and I'll need to get around setting up that connection.
Nevermind, I've figured it out. Nearly crapped myself when I saw my character from this computer on my computer upstairs.

element

is there a free host to get the server running without my computer always being on ?
just asking :p

Jackolas

December 11, 2009, 07:30:04 am #309 Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:31:33 am by Jackolas
who would you think would have a pc/server on 24 hours a day sucking power, do maintenance and not ask for a fee.

just question yourself that :P

I gone run mine on the private server of my online community, if I can get it to work :p

fugibo

Quote from: Jackolas on December 11, 2009, 07:30:04 am
who would you think would have a pc/server on 24 hours a day sucking power, do maintenance and not ask for a fee.

just question yourself that :P

I gone run mine on the private server of my online community, if I can get it to work :p

Note that you'll most likely need to have an ISP with decent upload speeds for that. Mine, at least, does not, so I can't host a server of any kind and have people outside my LAN access it in any decent amount of time.

Ryex

it really is too bad that you can't run the $network stuff in another thread. it would fix a lot of bugs, i think, if you could...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

That would create more problems than solve, trust me. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

quick question.
Is RMX-Os already compatible with Blizz abs ?

Jackolas

nope.... not yet

I think blizz is working on it

Pragz

So does anyone have a working MMO I can take a look at? I'm not asking for a complete game, just a little setup I can join to view how it works. Would be wonderful if someone does! :D

Jackolas

sorry. only have the basics done of mine.

if you want an almost finished 1 I suggest looking at this:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,2291.0.html
downside is you will only see the finished product. not how its done.

Nerd101

Blizzard, I have a few questions about this?

-Does it work with Blizz-ABS?
-For the server for your game to run, does your computer have to be constantly on to run the server, or does it run itself without any constant input from a seperate user?

edwardthefma

Nerd101
the answer to you question is no rmx-os is not compatible with blizzabs

yes you server client has to be running constontly for rmx-os to be working
thare are alternatives tho you can use rmx-os with a deban linux shell
but good luck finding a free shell most are pay and thave rules thay say you cant run any kind of game server
just make shur it has the right requirements for rmx-os  ruby1.9.1 and a mysql

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5055.0.html
thare you will find the fix to make it work with linux
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

tipsta

Hey,

Blizzard this is some awesome stuff, had it working in 5 mins.

But sometimes i walking in to different maps and none of the events show up.

I also used variables to update my quest system if i need to change anything.