[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackolas

December 20, 2009, 07:38:47 am #320 Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:39:57 am by Jackolas
I also used variables to update my quest system if i need to change anything.

variables are stored on the server. so thats not a problem and should work

QuoteBut sometimes i walking in to different maps and none of the events show up.

I bet you are checking the game over and over again with the same account.
try login in with a new 1. I bet the events work again.

remember that the server is saving stuff.. so if you add things and the saver saved something than it will not work.
atm I'm in my game to the debug127 account

Blizzard

Quote from: Nerd101 on December 18, 2009, 09:44:08 pm
Blizzard, I have a few questions about this?

-Does it work with Blizz-ABS?
-For the server for your game to run, does your computer have to be constantly on to run the server, or does it run itself without any constant input from a seperate user?

As Ed already said...
Blizz-ABS doesn't work with it yet, I didn't have the time to make is work so far.
Yes, the server needs to be constantly running. It's a server after all.

Quote from: tipsta on December 20, 2009, 12:40:03 am
Hey,

Blizzard this is some awesome stuff, had it working in 5 mins.

But sometimes i walking in to different maps and none of the events show up.

I also used variables to update my quest system if i need to change anything.

Have you tested your game offline first? Besides that, pretty much what Jackolas said.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tipsta

Hey,

It would be cool to have the ability to make dungeons that your could party with other people and see them

Blizzard

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jackolas

he means party system with other players

Blizzard

I got the impression that he wanted people to be able to make their own dungeons.

tipsta

December 21, 2009, 05:45:25 am #326 Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:07:41 am by tipsta
No,

Say blizzard and tipsta want to go and do a dungeon together (just killing things with a final boss)would be awesome, and a party system (100% for the above, And you would have a HUD for each player in your party,  party or group)

Blizzard

The party system (which will include the party chat command as well) will be included in the RMX-OS + Blizz-ABS plugin. Custom Blizz-ABS HUDs could work out with RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS just like that. I need to test if I can implement it the way I thought I could.

tipsta

Awesome,

This is an epic project.

Lost King

Not to be nosey/pushy, but do you have any expected date for when the Blizz ABS plugin is gonna be done/released? What exactly do you have to do to make it work?
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

Blizzard

It will be out before Feb 1st, that's all I can say for now.

edwardthefma

i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

nirahiel

Hi all,
i got a problem when running the server (on linux)
I have this error :
./mysql.so: ./mysql.so: invalid ELF header - ./mysql.so (LoadError)
   from RMX-OS.rb:22

Any help please ?
Thanks.

Ryex

hey Blizz I was wondering
did you ever consider having the client send its server messages to a relay client on the same computer that would then send the messages to the server?

like when you start the game it starts a outside program that the clients sends the messages to instead of the server and then that program will forward the messages to the server. and the server will send messages to the program and then they will be forwarded to the client. If I'm right all messages send between the client and the local program will be nearly instant and the program will be able to send messages to the server with out having the script is hanging problem.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

edwardthefma

December 25, 2009, 04:08:41 pm #334 Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:26:37 pm by edwardthefma
nirahiel you can fix that buy using a replacement mysql.so that has bean configerd using linux and ruby
you can find it hear and also instrutions on using it hear as well
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5055.0.html
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Blizzard

December 27, 2009, 01:01:50 pm #335 Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:03:25 pm by Blizzard
Quote from: nirahiel on December 24, 2009, 06:30:36 am
Hi all,
I have this error :

Any help please ?
Thanks.

You haven't "installed" Ruby 1.9.1 properly after you have installed Ruby 1.8.7. If you do what Ed said, you'll risk a high performance drop because Ruby versions before 1.9 didn't have real multithreading.

Quote from: Ryexander on December 24, 2009, 09:53:57 pm
hey Blizz I was wondering
did you ever consider having the client send its server messages to a relay client on the same computer that would then send the messages to the server?

like when you start the game it starts a outside program that the clients sends the messages to instead of the server and then that program will forward the messages to the server. and the server will send messages to the program and then they will be forwarded to the client. If I'm right all messages send between the client and the local program will be nearly instant and the program will be able to send messages to the server with out having the script is hanging problem.

I thought about that already. Except if I did it in plain C/C++, people would have to install god-knows-what to make their game work.

nirahiel

Quote from: Blizzard on December 27, 2009, 01:01:50 pm
Quote from: nirahiel on December 24, 2009, 06:30:36 am
Hi all,
I have this error :

Any help please ?
Thanks.

You haven't "installed" Ruby 1.9.1 properly after you have installed Ruby 1.8.7. If you do what Ed said, you'll risk a high performance drop because Ruby versions before 1.9 didn't have real multithreading.

So i just need Ruby 1.9.1 ?

Ryex

and what about ruby_to_exe? as far as i can tell the exe that it creates can run on any windows environment.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Jackolas

QuoteSo i just need Ruby 1.9.1 ?

Nirahiel, I suggest you go back to the manual and read true it again. because I think you missed something.
Let me quote something in the manual Blizzard wrote:
QuoteBut the server does require you to install Ruby. The recommended version is 1.9.1.

my question is why did you NOT install version 1.9.1?
If you don't follow the suggestions the creator of this awesome code had given, why should we help you fix simple problems?

go back to the manual and do the step for step setup.
if you followed it to the letter than we can help you with problems.

nirahiel

:'(

Its like i have ruby1.8 and ruby1.9 installed.
When i do "rubt --version" it tells me 1.8.
When i try to remove 1.8 it also asks me to remove ruby...
I dont know what to do to make it work.