[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

January 25, 2010, 02:53:49 pm #380 Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:55:29 pm by Ryexander
well for one thing I made the GUI not Blizz, second if it says the there server isn't running it means that the process closed on it's own. either something on you computer is closing it or it is getting an error, enable error logging and run the server again then check your logs to see if ther is anything in them.

if there is an error run the server strait from the rmxos.rb file and watch the out put
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Jackolas

maybe stupid question but it fits the problem you say

Did you install ruby at all?

holy416m

Quote from: edwardthefma on January 25, 2010, 12:19:51 pm
maby you shoud try running rmxos with out the gui untill you have it down
and have learned how to use it also post problemes with the gui in the gui post

No I mean, it's not the GUI's problem... O,o... I tried not using gui but it also doesn't works... and the gui is just a tool that helps us to more easily configure the server, starting the server bla bla bla... so I think it won't do any harm to my sever anyway...  :)... but I still can't get it to work?!

holy416m

Quote from: Ryexander on January 25, 2010, 02:53:49 pm
well for one thing I made the GUI not Blizz, second if it says the there server isn't running it means that the process closed on it's own. either something on you computer is closing it or it is getting an error, enable error logging and run the server again then check your logs to see if ther is anything in them.

if there is an error run the server strait from the rmxos.rb file and watch the out put
Quote from: Jackolas on January 25, 2010, 05:26:13 pm
maybe stupid question but it fits the problem you say

Did you install ruby at all?

Ryexander@okay... I checked the error log... nothing... I ran the rmxos.rb file... it popups for a second or two and then closed automatically by itself... oh no...
Jackolas@Erm... yeah I think... the rb file format can be read... and the icon is a google-chrome-like diamond with a cmd window behind it right???

Ryex

January 25, 2010, 08:05:52 pm #384 Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:38:08 pm by Ryexander
did you follow the guide for how to install ruby?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Jackolas

QuoteJackolas@Erm... yeah I think... the rb file format can be read... and the icon is a google-chrome-like diamond with a cmd window behind it right???

that dos not mean that you installed Ruby correct.

holy416m

Quote from: Jackolas on January 26, 2010, 02:39:32 am
QuoteJackolas@Erm... yeah I think... the rb file format can be read... and the icon is a google-chrome-like diamond with a cmd window behind it right???

that dos not mean that you installed Ruby correct.
Quote from: Ryexander on January 25, 2010, 08:05:52 pm
did you follow the guide for how to install ruby?

Ryexander@Oh... I don't think I have ^^"... so can you give me the link to the guide? and... I need to uninstall it and reinstall it right???
Jackolas@Oh? Then how is it supposed to be when I installed correctly???

Jackolas

January 26, 2010, 08:43:28 am #387 Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:45:14 am by Jackolas
first install the Ruby 1.8.6 installer, you can get it here: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/
You want the Ruby 1.8.6 One-Click Installer

after you installed that 1 you need to patch it to make it work with RMX-OS

download the Ruby 1.9.1 package. you can get it here: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167
You want the ruby-1.9.1-p243-doc-chm-rc1.7z

extract the Ruby 1.9.1 package into the installation folder of the Ruby 1.8.6
overwrite everything.

now Ruby should work.

this is btw the first chapter of the manual you get with RMX-OS

holy416m

Quote from: Jackolas on January 26, 2010, 08:43:28 am
first install the Ruby 1.8.6 installer, you can get it here: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/
You want the Ruby 1.8.6 One-Click Installer

after you installed that 1 you need to patch it to make it work with RMX-OS

download the Ruby 1.9.1 package. you can get it here: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167
You want the ruby-1.9.1-p243-doc-chm-rc1.7z

extract the Ruby 1.9.1 package into the installation folder of the Ruby 1.8.6
overwrite everything.

now Ruby should work.

this is btw the first chapter of the manual you get with RMX-OS

Okay... I followed everything you said but... when I extract the files in the Ruby 1.9.1 package into the installation folder, nothing was overwrote... and now I can't even open the rb files... help?

Blizzard

If you can't run .rb files on click, then you haven't installed Ruby 1.8.7 properly.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

holy416m

Quote from: Blizzard on January 28, 2010, 05:23:19 am
If you can't run .rb files on click, then you haven't installed Ruby 1.8.7 properly.

At first, I can... but after following Jackolas's guide, I can't... so... any ideas? please???

Blizzard

I think you messed up real bad. Uninstall Ruby, install Ruby 1.8.6, REMEMBER THE INSTALLATION LOCATION, get Ruby 1.9.1 and overwrite the files in the installation folder of 1.8.6.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

holy416m

Quote from: Blizzard on January 29, 2010, 05:27:09 am
I think you messed up real bad. Uninstall Ruby, install Ruby 1.8.6, REMEMBER THE INSTALLATION LOCATION, get Ruby 1.9.1 and overwrite the files in the installation folder of 1.8.6.

I did this but... it's just the same  :(

Blizzard

Have you tried it on another PC?

holy416m

Quote from: Blizzard on February 03, 2010, 04:38:00 am
Have you tried it on another PC?

But I only have this PC... :( :( :(

Blizzard

I meant on the PC of a friend or something like that.

edwardthefma

have you tried reinstalling mysql you might not have it installed properly
8)
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

crzyone9584

February 03, 2010, 03:50:10 pm #397 Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:48:43 pm by crzyone9584
This is a great script. For only having been messing around with it for about 3 hours and just now getting it to work. Server is on my linux box thanks to edwardthefma for the mysql.so fix. Only problem i have is when i exit the game it doesn't update the server in case i decided to go right back in really quick for something. Took about 5 minutes for server to realize i logged out. But meh i can deal with that.

Great job Blizzard. Now to get some other scripts to work with it.

(EDIT: Is there a way to password protect a server. Like if i have two servers have one passworded so only testers/admind/mods could join?)

edwardthefma

Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 03, 2010, 03:50:10 pm
This is a great script. For only having been messing around with it for about 3 hours and just now getting it to work. Server is on my linux box thanks to edwardthefma for the mysql.so fix. Only problem i have is when i exit the game it doesn't update the server in case i decided to go right back in really quick for something. Took about 5 minutes for server to realize i logged out. But meh i can deal with that.

Great job Blizzard. Now to get some other scripts to work with it.

(EDIT: Is there a way to password protect a server. Like if i have two servers have one passworded so only testers/admind/mods could join?)

thare is no way to password protect a server
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Aqua

Um... I'm pretty sure you can...
Just have the server select screen go to a new scene that asks for the password for the protected server.

Of course, it'd require an edit.