[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on February 05, 2010, 10:48:35 am
@ShadowIce: Your IP needs to be 192.168.X.Y. 127.0.0.1 is not open toward outside.

@crzyone9584: The MySQL connection died. O_o Try a low DATABASE_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT setting (i.e. 1 which means it will reconnect every minute).

@whitespirits: It's really easy. Put all Blizz-ABS plugins below Blizz-ABS and all RMX-OS plugins below RMX-OS. Add the server extensions to the extensions folder and add their filenames to the EXTENSIONS array in the config. That's it.

or you can use the Rmx-os GUI to generate a configuration
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ShadowIce

where is this gui u speak of?

lilbrudder917

Quote from: ShadowIce on February 07, 2010, 11:14:03 am
where is this gui u speak of?

I suggest you use this from now on before asking where things are.

The GUI is here.

crzyone9584

Is it possible to get the server to send out a message when its restarting so others will know? Also is it possible to have it push out messages about certain events that are happening?

Also how can i hide the  chat window while talking to npc?

edwardthefma

i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

crzyone9584

Quote from: edwardthefma on February 08, 2010, 05:39:32 pm
try the f5 key

i know that f5 hides it but what i mean is is there a command i can call that will auto hide it while talking to an npc? because pushing f5 will get annoying after a while.

edwardthefma

oyu might be able to do that with a script edit but i dont know how
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Blizzard

Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 08, 2010, 05:02:21 pm
Is it possible to get the server to send out a message when its restarting so others will know? Also is it possible to have it push out messages about certain events that are happening?

As admin you can use global chat (just refer to the manual). Just send a global message to everybody that the server will restart in 5 minutes or something like that. That's one of the things that command was intended for. :)

Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 08, 2010, 05:02:21 pm
Also how can i hide the  chat window while talking to npc?

It's in the manual. Just check the "Special Commands" chapter. You can even completely deactivate it so the player can't press F5 to make it show during an event.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

crzyone9584

February 09, 2010, 10:05:24 am #428 Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:21:21 pm by crzyone9584
Quote from: Blizzard on February 09, 2010, 03:41:39 am

As admin you can use global chat (just refer to the manual). Just send a global message to everybody that the server will restart in 5 minutes or something like that. That's one of the things that command was intended for. :)

i know the global command i was just wondering if it could be done automatically. But i guess global is fine.

It's in the manual. Just check the "Special Commands" chapter. You can even completely deactivate it so the player can't press F5 to make it show during an event.

I most of missed this. I will recheck this after noon and see what i can do.

EDIT: Wondering while planning features for my game:

Would any of these be possible with your system blizzard?

Trade system
Personal guild maps.
Guild Ranks
Guild Banks - Bank system for each guild
Click on player to see Stats (health lvl MP)

Ryex

the trade system is planned
and everything else is possible with an add-on and good eventing
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

crzyone9584

Ok thanks. I figured the bank and everything could be obtained by eventing. Its the maps and trading. Is PVP and PVE planned? I haven't read the entire 20 some odd pages yet but getting there. Can only read so much before i get bored.

Blizzard

Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 09, 2010, 10:05:24 am
Trade system

Erm, that's already supported. O_o *points at trade chat command*

Personal guild maps.

Can you explain that a bit?

Guild Ranks

I see no reason why this can't be done outside of the game. i.e. a guild organizes its own ranks within the game as they like it. There is no connection to the game whatsoever.

Guild Banks - Bank system for each guild

Can be made with eventing.

Click on player to see Stats (health lvl MP)

Just get a CMS or a HUD.

Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 09, 2010, 11:12:14 pm
Its the maps and trading. Is PVP and PVE planned? I haven't read the entire 20 some odd pages yet but getting there. Can only read so much before i get bored.

PVE is already possible with Blizz-ABS and the Blizz-ABS plugin. The full version of the plugin will have PVP as well.
You don't need to read the entire topic. Only the last 20 pages of the topic are somehow relevant since most older stuff is outdated, reported bugs that have already been fixed, etc..

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

crzyone9584

A personal map for each guild. So a guild can go to their own "castle" like in guild wars. For the ranks i was figuring that if the game supported ranks certain people would have access to certain things in guilds. Like new members wouldn't be able to access guild funds with out asking.

For the trade i must of missed it. I'll have to re read the entire documentation.

For the banking system i would just assign a variable to each guild would i not? Well i guess that question is a little off topic lol. Well i guess im off to get blizz abs to work correctly lol. Just need to config everything.

But how about getting scripts to save into the mysql system? Still not sure how to get that to work.

Blizzard

You need to add the additional variables and classes to the configuration. I think I haven't added a detailed explanation of how the saving system works, but the setting for the save data is explained in the manual.

Then all that stuff can be done with eventing with combination of a few script calls (i.e. to check the guildname, etc.).

Lost King

I haven't checked through the manual or read through the Global Variable plugin, but is it possible to add Guild specific variables? Something like reputation so you can compare them to other guilds in the world, or are the variables only for individual characters? Another thought might be just adding to the player variables depending on what guild they're in. Anyways, is this possible already? I think I might've worded it confusingly.
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

crzyone9584

Ok so one hides the names of the sprites and other script call just hides the chat bubbles. I want to hide what is on the inside of the red lines.

Spoiler: ShowHide

This is the script call im using but it wont hide.

$game_temp.chat_sprites = false

Then my game just hangs. Or should i have that in a different event than the one im using to talk to people.

Aqua

$game_temp.chat_sprites =
false

crzyone9584

February 10, 2010, 02:20:01 pm #437 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:49:49 pm by crzyone9584
Why does false need to be on a new line?

@Blizzard - the chapters for all data setting in my manual all says "This chapter needs to be written yet." Thats data storage chapter and Data model chapter. Unless save data information is in a different location.

also
false

Does not hide the chat window. I'm thinking it only hides the bubbles above the head. (refer to post above a few with picture to see what i want to hide during a text/cutscene

Lost King

Something about the way Ruby does stuff with code. I'unno, Blizz could probably explain it, I just know that whenever you want to make something true/false in a script call, it needs to be on a new line.
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

Blizzard

Quote from: crzyone9584 on February 10, 2010, 02:20:01 pm
Why does false need to be on a new line?

Because RMXP has a problem with the false assignment of variables in one line. Either that or get Juan's Interpreter fix.

@Blizzard - the chapters for all data setting in my manual all says "This chapter needs to be written yet." Thats data storage chapter and Data model chapter. Unless save data information is in a different location.

As I said, I didn't explain how it works. That chapter is intended for that. SAVE_DATA in the server configuration (chapter 2.2 or 2.3) explains how to set it up.

also
false

Does not hide the chat window. I'm thinking it only hides the bubbles above the head. (refer to post above a few with picture to see what i want to hide during a text/cutscene

chat_active hides the chat. Just refer to the manual for all script calls you need.

Quote from: Lost King on February 10, 2010, 01:15:24 pm
I haven't checked through the manual or read through the Global Variable plugin, but is it possible to add Guild specific variables? Something like reputation so you can compare them to other guilds in the world, or are the variables only for individual characters? Another thought might be just adding to the player variables depending on what guild they're in. Anyways, is this possible already? I think I might've worded it confusingly.

The manual has no information on the plugins. It's kinda obvious. :P
You can do all that with global switches/variables and by using the script calls to check the guilds. I said that already. Of course it would be less of a hassle to include a guild variable in the database.

I'm not going to add any guild-related features because they are unnecessary for a basic game. If you want to make a good MMO with RMXP, you won't get anywhere without a scripter anyway. So get somebody else to do it.