[XP] Asan'Tear Battle System

Started by Ryex, June 20, 2009, 09:02:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

June 21, 2009, 04:12:31 pm #20 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:13:59 pm by Ryexander
Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 09:02:05 pm
Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7Pjv_K0Gs

please note:
Quote from: Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 04:40:58 PM
the idle is just a demonstration of frames I just drew the text over the battler in photo shop. your frames could be anything from ready stance to a sword flourish, the same for the attack, skill, item, and defend. you don't have to use the text stuff its just a demonstration that you can have animated battlers for each pose. if you don't put the images in the battlers folder they wont show, the idle and attack stuff is text I drew over the battlers in photo shop then put in as separate frames to the battler

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE "BLINKING TEXT" THAT IS DIDPLAED OVER THE BATTLERS IN THIS VIDEO IT IS ONLY A DEMONSTRATION OF THE ANIMATION SYSTEM!

@Kagutsuchi  READ THE FIRST POST PLEASE!!!^^^^

On a side note I've discovered a few errors in the first version while trying to make it compatible with CRLS so expect a version upgrade with the plugin release
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aqua

Ry, the script only works with 4 actors in the party.

Your drawing methods, you don't have to draw for $game_party.size, you draw it for 1-4 even when there could be 3 actors in the party, resulting in errors

Ryex

June 21, 2009, 05:24:36 pm #22 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:46:15 pm by Aqua
Quote from: Ryexander on June 21, 2009, 04:12:31 pm
On a side note I've discovered a few errors in the first version while trying to make it compatible with CRLS so expect a version upgrade with the plugin release

that would be one of them, don't worry I'm fixing it as we speak. I expect a new version by the end of the day with a CRLS plugin on the side

Edit:
UPDATE TO V1.20! :D VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE

IMPORTANT: THE CRLS PLUGIN IS OUT LOOK IN THE FIRST POST BELOW THE MAIN SCRIPT IN THE PLUG-INS SECTION IF YOU WISH TO USE IT YOU MUST UPDATE TO V1.20 OF AnTBS!

@Aqua the bug you reported is now fixed at a part of making it work with Chaos Drive

Even if there is an update, you shouldn't double post.  Editting the post would automatically bump a target as having new messages.
~Aqua
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

Caro Ru Lushe

This would kick ass if one makes the battlers Side-View (Non-moving-nor-sprite-animation). The thought of it gives me an Idea ~

FenrisHalo

Holy horse! As soon as I finish my vx game, imma gonna use this!
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Arkaea Halfdemon

This error occurs while trying to use a Limit while using your system:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Script 'CRLS' line 2062: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass.

I installed the scripts properly, and all. CRLS and the default battle system work perfectly before adding your script and plugin, so I must be making a silly error.

Love your system, by the way.

Ryex

by limit you meant the thing that appears over attack when you sr and hp are right correct? also I need to se what is on that line in your script it is probably an error i made while making the plug in.
and your sure you have the scripts in this order?

AnTBS
CRLS
CRLS/AnTBS Plugin

Arkaea Halfdemon

June 27, 2009, 12:53:08 am #28 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:22:37 am by Arkaea Halfdemon
Your script is compatible with CRLS... just tested that. However, it's Tons of Addons Part 1 that's causing the problem with CRLS and your script. Not sure which script it is... but whatever it is doesn't need to be active to cause the error. I reinstalled the script to be sure.

Edit: It seems that the whole Tons 1 script is causing the problem, somehow. I tried deleting the add-ons one by one(from the bottom up), and only when I removed the last actual lines of code, it finally worked properly. When I tried tons without those, though, the same error repeats itself.

Ryex

I would still like to see what the line was that has the error I might be able to solve this so you can use tons

Arkaea Halfdemon

battler.use_limit if @repeat[0] <= 1

Line 2046 in Blizzard's demo.

Ryex

make sure you have the Latest version of tons
and the latest version of AnTBS (yes I updated to day because of a small error with tons but not this one) found in the first post of this topic
the latest version of CRLS and follow this script order
with the small exception that the CRLS plug-in needs to go below CRLS

and tell me if you still have the problem

Arkaea Halfdemon

June 27, 2009, 02:32:00 am #32 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:35:08 am by Arkaea Halfdemon
I have, and have done, what you've posted. My scripts were a little out of order... however, the same problem still persists.

... Err, and what's with the "1" popups? :P. That happened after getting your 1.21.

Ryex

June 27, 2009, 02:50:42 am #33 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:57:35 am by Ryexander
aa darn i for got to removethat. press ctrl +f and search for
p @battler.max_frame_idle
delete the line that will get rid of the 1

have you perhaps removed the multihit add on from tons part two?

yep ok this error is not cause by my system, it is cause by tons and CRLS you have probably removed multihit from tons part two and it is causing an error the easy way to fix this is to get the latest version of tons again

ps: the script in this topic now has that annoying debug 1 pop up window removed so you can copy it from there

Arkaea Halfdemon

No, multi-hit is not deleted. As an interesting note, when I activate multi-hit, the error moves to tons2 line 4065

(      if @repeat[2] == 3).

After installing the latest version of tons, again... the error is still the same as before.

battler.use_limit if @repeat[0] <= 1

It's fine if I delete tons part 1, but I like those addons. :3.

Blizzard

What does the error message say? In that line about half a million things can go wrong.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

June 27, 2009, 03:20:28 am #36 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:21:35 am by Ryexander
he's getting a no method '[]' error  for nilclass which makes no sense unless he has another script BELOW tons that is stopping @repeat from being crated or forcing it to nil and i've tested my script and plugin with tons and can't replicate the error

Arkaea Halfdemon

June 27, 2009, 03:24:37 am #37 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:27:22 am by Arkaea Halfdemon
Multihit inactive:

Script 'CRLS' line 2062: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method '[]' for nil: NilClass
Line contents:       battler.use_limit if @repeat[0] <= 1

Multihit active:

Script 'Tons 2' line 4065: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method '[]' for nil: NilClass
Line contents:     if @repeat[2] == 3

I mentioned the error stayed the same. Perhaps another script is messing it up, Ry. I have a Blood Mage, AMS(by dubealex), title skip, class change, pause function, and Guillaume's script below your plugin, in that order.

Ryex

could you list ALL your scripts in the order you have them in the editor?

Arkaea Halfdemon

June 27, 2009, 03:36:15 am #39 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:37:26 am by Arkaea Halfdemon
Sure.

• RTP Scripts (with minor edit to remove brackets around states)

• STCMS 5.38b

• Tons 1

• Tons 2

• Tons 3

• AnTBS

• CRLS

• - Scene Soulrage(Subscript)

• - Soulforce(Subscript)

• Plugin

• Blood Mage 1.8

• Dubealex's Advanced Message System R4(update 2)

• Title Skip

• Class Change 1.67 by LB

• Pause function

• Guillaume's Multi-Equip  6.2.1

• Main