[RESOLVED]Scroll Map??

Started by Calintz, June 21, 2009, 01:34:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

June 21, 2009, 01:34:39 am Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:29:45 am by Calintz
Does the scroll map feature in the event editor have an automated wait?? Will the game freeze until the map is finished scrolling, or does the user have to guess the amount of frames it will take based on the movement speed selected??

Arkaea Halfdemon

The scroll map feature doesn't freeze game events. I used this to my advantage a few times... scrolling ahead of my hero for a cutscene involving the enemy wandering deeper into the earth's depths. So yes, you will have to guess the frames...

legacyblade

What I do for guessing the frames on that is event the cutscene up to the point where it scrolls down, count how long it takes for the scroll to happen (in seconds), then set the wait command to the appropriate number of frames (40 FPS if I remember right)

Blizzard

The waiting time is the same as waiting time for moving characters depending on their moving speed.

• speed 1 = 32 frames per map square
  • speed 2 = 16 frames per map square
  • speed 3 = 8 frames per map square
  • speed 4 = 4 frames per map square
  • speed 5 = 2 frames per map square
  • speed 6 = 1 frame per map square

Also, these are EVENT frames. Script frames are doubled.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

In other words, 32 / (2 ^ s)

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

The same thing, since 32 = 2 ^ 6.

Blizzard

Calintz

June 21, 2009, 08:57:35 pm #8 Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:29:21 am by Calintz
Wow, thank you VERY much Blizzard!!
For knowing the exact calculations ...*LVL up*

Topic Unlocked momentarily
Are those calculations the same for all event commands with the speed setting (Scroll Map, Set Move Route)??

Depending on the current speed of the character, can I depend on these calculations for using the wait command(For instances where I don't need/want the wait for move completion command)??

Topic Locked
The answer to my previous statement is yes. I have tested these, and they are all the same. I use these calculations to correlate moving pictures also.

Thank you Blizzard. This increased the speed of my eventing, as I no longer need to use the "guess, test, and revise" method. Now my events are based on perfect calculations, normally resulting in the correct manner on the first try.