Serenity

Started by Arkaea Halfdemon, June 21, 2009, 03:09:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkaea Halfdemon

Serenity

I stared thoughtfully into the vast distance set before me. My gaze ventured far, across the
eternal sea, to meet the glowing stare of the gentle sun as it slowly dissipated beneath the
lonely horizon. I observed peacefully, as the orange ripples stretched across the water's
chilly tides. I sat silently with the golden beach, not bothering to pay heed to the cool
breeze that played with the long tendrils of my brown hair. My eyes, blue as the ocean
before me, were lost in the calmness of the waters, and the tenderness of the waves.

The glowing orb of the sun grew dimmer as the horizon claimed more and more of its breadth.
The twilit sky, orange, and serene, began to give way to the deepening blue of the night, and
the twinkling light of the stars. Breathing deeply, I closed my eyes to revel in the refreshing
scent of the ocean, and depths. My mind grew quiet, and calm, as I laid back to rest on the
shimmering sands around me. There I laid, a faint smile on my tired face, comforted by the warm
blanket of a tranquil evening sky. My mind wandered, and drifted, flowing into the expanse of
the starlit heavens above.

Author's notes:

I wrote this in response to Ultaflame's writing. I'm not really looking for critique... I wrote this
piece to calm the mind, and I hope I did well.

Love and peace,

Arkaea