Force actor to be in a party slot

Started by GAX, June 21, 2009, 04:37:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Alright, this is mainly for just parts of my game, but this might help someone else too.
I'm working with a Battle Party script that allows you to have as big a party as you want, but only those in the first few slots will actually fight along side you, as well as only those who will fight will appear as the active party (following the character).

Here's the thing though, I have a few storyline events in the game that will require a specific order in the party, and another that will require specific parties or the player to split up into teams.

What I need are the following:
-The ability to force a certain party order without erasing characters in the party.
-The ability to store multiple party configurations (think Northern Crater in Final Fantasy VII).
-Enforce "party locking" (make it so the party cannot be altered) and "character locking" (make it so a party member cannot be switched or moved within the part except by a script call or something...this is for making sure the main hero remains in the first party slot).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

G_G

So say you need someting like this?

Dog
Girl
Guy

which is a current party order but you want to be able to force those guys in a certain order right? Like this

Guy
Dog
Girl

If thats the case I'll see what I can do

GAX

Yeah, though there may be instances like this:

Rune
Sciris
Witt
Sey
(Those 4 are the "active party", the ones listed under would be inactive party)
Reina
Rivendal
Kain

But let's say a storyline event is coming up, so the party may be made to look like this:

Rune
Rivendal
Reina
Kain
---
Sciris
Witt
Sey

also, would you be needing the Battle Party script I use as well?

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

G_G

Maybe so pretty much you just need to be able to move around any actors from inactive party or active party and move them around to any specific order. This doesnt sound too complicated.

Blizzard

._. Is my Easy Party Switcher not good enough for you? ;_;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Quote from: Blizzard on June 21, 2009, 08:04:21 am
._. Is my Easy Party Switcher not good enough for you? ;_;

I use Easy Party Switcher within the debug menu and such, but the Battle Party script operates a little differently...
In Battle Party I've got limitless room from within the basic menu (you don't have to open another menu, just press left or right in the main menu and you'll be able to move characters in and out of the party).
Like...remember in the older Final Fantasy games or even in Final Fantasy X where you could fuck with the party order?  Effectively this is just like Final Fantasy X's in that even though you do have a large number of people in your party (7 in FFX), only the first few will battle (3 in FFX, 4 in CF*).  The Easy Party Switcher on the other hand reminds me of FF7's party switcher (even the layout) in which your call up a separate menu and alter the party order from there.

*some events will make the party smaller.

It's not that EPS isn't good enough, it's just that it operates differently from what I had planned.

Though if this whole request can't work, I'll have to switch to EPS...

Blizzard

No problem. What my actual idea was is that whoever decides to take this request can implement it the same way I did.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

GRAVEDIGGING!  Sorry, I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna need a few of these systems DONE.