Asan'Tear: The Fel War

Started by Ryex, June 22, 2009, 01:33:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

June 22, 2009, 01:33:39 am Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:52:43 pm by Ryexander
Asan'Tear

The Fel War

About Asan'Tear

Asan'Tear: The Fel War is an RPG with a beginnings in Golden Sun's puzzles. it is a puzzle strategy game where new elements to Rpg maker's battle system (ie. My artifact System) make the game fun and challenging.

The Story

To the one who reads these words, I warn you, I will not be brief in the details of the events recorded here. It is a long and important history that I impart here. But before I can tell you that history I must explain a few things. Many theories exist about the multiverse; the endless number of universes that could have been, almost all the theories hold that  fact in common, but here is where speculation drifts from the truth. Not many still live that know the danger that other realities might pose, or more precisely the danger travel between them might pose. There was a time when our reality was not sealed off from the multiverse there was seven realities that were open to the void, the space between universes where nothing of a physical nature exists not even distance and location exist in the void. It is in this time that I start my history, the story of four people who saved us all and doomed us all in the same act of heroism

Characters:

Harren:
Harren is the guard captain for lord Marsh, a lord who lives up in the mountains. Lord marsh is in charge of the farms in the area and keeping the mountain roads clear and Harren is his right hand man.

Trell:
Age 23
Trell is Harren's Vice captain and long time friend.

Ryexander:
Age 21
Ryexander is a Na'Tearen, a special messenger who can quickly cross the vast kingdom of Darven with the use of a Na'Tearen staff.

Comen:
Age 25
Comen is a young, skilled, court mage of incredible strength, he helps is master in his attempts to rediscover the lost art of traveling across realities.

Screen Shots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Progress

Maps: 3%: ShowHide

Note: only the maps planned for the demo are listed here. as i move forward i'll ad more map section.
Marsh Castle: 100%
World Map of the 6th reality: 100%
Cave puzzle: 0%
Daidren City: 0%
Mountain pass puzzle: 0%
Capital city Trancil: 0%

Database: 0%: ShowHide

Actors: 0%
Classes: 0%
Skills: 0%
Items: 0%
Weapons: 0%
Armor: 0%
Enemies: 0%
Common Events: 0%

Events :  1%: ShowHide

Marsh Castle: 100%
World Map of the 6th reality: 30%
Cave puzzle: 0%
Daidren City: 0%
Mountain pass puzzle: 0%
Capital city Trancil: 0%

Scripts: 95%: ShowHide

HAVE

• Universal Message System

• Ryex's_Collapsing_CMS
Edited from release
  • Asan'Tear Battle System
Edited from release
  • Tons of Add-ons

• f0tz!baerchen's Pixelmovement Script

• Artifact System: 100% - emulates the dijin system from Golden Sun but is a bit different

NEED TO MAKE

• Event interaction frame work: 0%  - emulates the phycenergy affecting the map system from Golden Sun

Story: 79%: ShowHide

note: this is a rough guess
Plot: 100%
Characters: 75%
whatever else stories have: 25%

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

June 24, 2009, 11:49:42 pm #1 Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:51:15 pm by Ryexander
The First post has been updated with new progress information and new info on what exactly the game will be.

in the last three days I've made more progress than I have in the last three years! bit then again the last three years have been spen learning how to script so I could make this game the way I wanted to.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

This looks really good Ryex! ^^ but will we be expecting a demo anytime soon? Will there even be a demo or will you just release the game as a whole?

Calintz

I would like to see some screen shots of Marsh Castle if you have some extra time to upload some.
Some character sets, and heightened biographies would be nice too.

Ryex

Quote from: game_guy on June 25, 2009, 12:17:14 am
This looks really good Ryex! ^^ but will we be expecting a demo anytime soon? Will there even be a demo or will you just release the game as a whole?

no I'll release a Demo of the first part of the game any time soon? not sure. I'm still a bit slow on mapping and stuff a lot of the last three days was working out passability bugs in my maps I really need to learn how Blizz maps. but thanks to my scripting skills all my systems seem to be working good so once i write my last two systems I should be good to go on eventing and mapping for a good long while.

Calintz

I would like to see some more information on the Fel War itself.

Ryex

June 25, 2009, 03:12:05 am #6 Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:15:27 am by Ryexander
Quote from: Calintz on June 25, 2009, 02:15:14 am
I would like to see some more information on the Fel War itself.

aaah but that is classified and crucial to the plot. If I revealed it it would ruin the entire game. no really the entire game is about uncovering the history of the Fel war and what a Fel is.

Screen shot of Marsh Castle

Calintz

You need to improve your mapping skills, but that's a very nice tileset.
The chairs are very oddly placed. The light fixtures aren't spaced properly. The carpet line is an eyesore, lol.

Ryex

Is this any better to your master mapping eyes?

Calintz

The chairs have been fixed quite well, but the carpet is still ugly. You failed when trying to re-space the lights.

Ryex

and how about now?

also new progress update

Calintz

June 26, 2009, 05:53:51 pm #11 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:56:15 pm by Calintz
*whew* ... *wipes forehead*

Here goes...
1st thing I want to know is why you are keeping this dreadful line in the carpet.

The way the tables are stacked looks really odd. Is this a mapping error or not??

You should edit the tileset itself to move the position of the books. They look like they are all bout to fall off the table, and that's distracting.

Do the same with the candles, except don't move it, because the three take up the whole tile. Just remove the candle that's the furthest to the right.

Edit:
Also, you should relocate the bookcase to be centered between the left wall and the staircase. Then, place another chair and footstep on the left to match the one on the right. Symmetry is your friend when mapping in RMXP. Add another window for further aesthetics.

Ryex

IT WORKS!! I completed my artifact/summon system! I'm going to have to upload a vid of this awesomeness! :D

Ryex

I decided to rewrite the beginning but it will only delay the tech demo by a few day so...