Ryex's Music thread

Started by Ryex, June 22, 2009, 06:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I made this 1 minuet piece today and i wanted people to advise me on how to improve it

MP3 320kbps 2.41MB
http://www.asantear.890m.com/downloads/untitled.mp3
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

I like it^^
It sounds a bit misterious and even scary.
I normally don't listen to this kind of music, but this is nice^^
Will you finish it soon?
(or is it already finished like this?)

Ryex

June 23, 2009, 11:32:55 am #2 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:34:55 am by Ryexander
well it's kinda finished... I'm using it in my cut scene and so far it has lined up perfectly... I was just thinking that maybe people could spot inconsistencies that I didn't, comment on the flow, tell me if they thought the transition was a bit rough in places, stuff like that.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

k, then I'll do that^^

1. I think the pads at he beginning are a bit overpowering. But perhaps thats just me.
2. The transition when the drums come in feels a bit strange. Like, they come in without a "warning".
3. I think the flow is good.
4. There is no real end in this song?

Ryex

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on June 23, 2009, 01:18:10 pm
k, then I'll do that^^

1. I think the pads at he beginning are a bit overpowering. But perhaps thats just me.
2. The transition when the drums come in feels a bit strange. Like, they come in without a "warning".
3. I think the flow is good.
4. There is no real end in this song?

1) I think your right I should tone those down a bit
2) ya I kinda wanted it that way so that all good i think
3) thank you
4) true, in the cut scene I'm using it in it fades out just before it "ends" but i do need to add a real ending

thanks for you input!

Subsonic_Noise

No problem^^
I don't know your cutscene, so I can't say much more, the track isn't that long.
But tell me when you uploaded a video or something.

Ryex

anyone else feel like commenting?

Blizzard

What program are you using?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Blizzard

When you're done with it, would you send me the project? I'd like to remix it. ^_^

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Blizzard

I'd just like to remix it. When the various sounds start in the second half, it sounds like a good beat would suit very well. Of course, you don't have to.

Ryex

FenrisHalo

June 26, 2009, 06:59:49 am #13 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:00:52 am by FenrisHalo
Sounds great. Is this FL Studio free?

I know it's not very contructive what I have to say, but I think it's perfect as it is. I'm going to use this if it's alright with you ;)
You'd be creditet of course.
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Blizzard

No, FL Studio costs quite a bit of money. >.< There are several editions for different prices, though. I think the cheapest was $299 or $399.

Arkaea Halfdemon

And then there's torrents.

Blizzard

How do you think I got it? <_<;

Arkaea Halfdemon

FenrisHalo

June 26, 2009, 10:01:36 am #18 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:08:10 am by FenrisHalo
There's really only one choice, but it takes soooo long for the gawdarn torrents to download, and only half of 'em ever start...

But anyway, is it the Producer edition i gotta get? It's the one which the first 4 google sites are for (though none of them actually allow u to download anything..)

EDIT: Yay, it's only gonna take 16 hours! W00t
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Blizzard

June 26, 2009, 12:08:35 pm #19 Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:59:00 pm by Blizzard
XXL is the best.

EDIT: Since Ryex didn't name his song, neither did I. :3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1l4bg1
Took me 3 and a half hours including mastering.

@Ryex: If you want, I can PM you back the project of the remix.