Ryex's Music thread

Started by Ryex, June 22, 2009, 06:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I made this 1 minuet piece today and i wanted people to advise me on how to improve it

MP3 320kbps 2.41MB
http://www.asantear.890m.com/downloads/untitled.mp3
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

I like it^^
It sounds a bit misterious and even scary.
I normally don't listen to this kind of music, but this is nice^^
Will you finish it soon?
(or is it already finished like this?)

Ryex

June 23, 2009, 11:32:55 am #2 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:34:55 am by Ryexander
well it's kinda finished... I'm using it in my cut scene and so far it has lined up perfectly... I was just thinking that maybe people could spot inconsistencies that I didn't, comment on the flow, tell me if they thought the transition was a bit rough in places, stuff like that.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

k, then I'll do that^^

1. I think the pads at he beginning are a bit overpowering. But perhaps thats just me.
2. The transition when the drums come in feels a bit strange. Like, they come in without a "warning".
3. I think the flow is good.
4. There is no real end in this song?

Ryex

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on June 23, 2009, 01:18:10 pm
k, then I'll do that^^

1. I think the pads at he beginning are a bit overpowering. But perhaps thats just me.
2. The transition when the drums come in feels a bit strange. Like, they come in without a "warning".
3. I think the flow is good.
4. There is no real end in this song?

1) I think your right I should tone those down a bit
2) ya I kinda wanted it that way so that all good i think
3) thank you
4) true, in the cut scene I'm using it in it fades out just before it "ends" but i do need to add a real ending

thanks for you input!

Subsonic_Noise

No problem^^
I don't know your cutscene, so I can't say much more, the track isn't that long.
But tell me when you uploaded a video or something.

Ryex

anyone else feel like commenting?

Blizzard

What program are you using?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Blizzard

When you're done with it, would you send me the project? I'd like to remix it. ^_^

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Blizzard

I'd just like to remix it. When the various sounds start in the second half, it sounds like a good beat would suit very well. Of course, you don't have to.

Ryex

FenrisHalo

June 26, 2009, 06:59:49 am #13 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:00:52 am by FenrisHalo
Sounds great. Is this FL Studio free?

I know it's not very contructive what I have to say, but I think it's perfect as it is. I'm going to use this if it's alright with you ;)
You'd be creditet of course.
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Blizzard

No, FL Studio costs quite a bit of money. >.< There are several editions for different prices, though. I think the cheapest was $299 or $399.

Arkaea Halfdemon

And then there's torrents.

Blizzard

How do you think I got it? <_<;

Arkaea Halfdemon

FenrisHalo

June 26, 2009, 10:01:36 am #18 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:08:10 am by FenrisHalo
There's really only one choice, but it takes soooo long for the gawdarn torrents to download, and only half of 'em ever start...

But anyway, is it the Producer edition i gotta get? It's the one which the first 4 google sites are for (though none of them actually allow u to download anything..)

EDIT: Yay, it's only gonna take 16 hours! W00t
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Blizzard

June 26, 2009, 12:08:35 pm #19 Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:59:00 pm by Blizzard
XXL is the best.

EDIT: Since Ryex didn't name his song, neither did I. :3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1l4bg1
Took me 3 and a half hours including mastering.

@Ryex: If you want, I can PM you back the project of the remix.

Blizzard

*double posts*

*points to post above* >8U

BTW, Ryex, don't you think this thread should be in "Express your Creativity"? O_o

Ryex

Blizzard

Anybody got any comments on the song and my remix? ._.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on June 30, 2009, 12:19:35 pm
Anybody got any comments on the song and my remix? ._.

Yes. I liked your remix, but it's now a completely different song, the creepy atmosphere is gone.
But it was nice and professional anyways.

BTW, do you both play an instrument?

Blizzard

Nope. I almost ended up playing keyboard, but it never happened. Long story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on June 30, 2009, 02:54:20 pm
Nope. I almost ended up playing keyboard, but it never happened. Long story.

Tell me. I'm bored anyways. ^^

King Munkey

I'm learning to play bass guitar for my friends band. But that is offtopic.

I still am being lazy at downloading peoples music. I may check them out later though.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Ryex

I used to play the baritone in a school band but i stopped then a few years later I stared to learn the guitar
and ya he is right blizz the creepy atmosphere is gone, but hey it's a remix who cares!

Blizzard

July 01, 2009, 05:23:35 am #28 Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:22:12 am by Blizzard
I know. You can't really make Trance with a creepy atmosphere.

EDIT: How about you name the song Pitchichi? :naughty:

Ryex

July 01, 2009, 08:53:09 pm #29 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:12:22 am by Ryexander
Quote from: Blizzard on July 01, 2009, 05:23:35 am
I know. You can't really make Trance with a creepy atmosphere.

EDIT: How about you name the song Pitchichi? :naughty:

as i don't know the meaning of the word I can't give an opinion, I was going to call the original 'Forming'

Blizzard

July 02, 2009, 04:15:48 am #30 Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:00:50 am by Blizzard
It's written like "pičići" and it means something like "muffies" or "mufs". xD I use it (quite rarely) to refer to women, usually mostly jailbait.

EDIT: Hey Ryex, I finally have a name for it. I have a name of the song that I used as additional inspiration to remix yours. I called it Cold Fusion. So when you finally decide a name for your song, my remix should be named "Ryex - YOURSONG (Blizzard's Cold Fusion RMX)".
And I finally finished Cold Fusion. :=

Ryex

I've come up with a name for my song too

'Obfuscatory Beginnings'

Blizzard

Ryex - Obfuscatory Beginnings (Blizzard Trance RMX)

<3

Ryex

November 06, 2010, 01:15:57 am #33 Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:39:47 am by Ryexander
GRAAA! so I got back into this music stuff and I have been playing with Fl studio made a custom modification of two Toxic Biohazard patterns and then I realized I have NO CLUE how to do a fade in effect. really why is it so complicated to change the volume of a pattern over time? any one feel like pointing me in the right direction?

also I seem to be really bad at coming up with base lines that can actually support a song. the problem ranges from not being able to find the right sound to having difficult creating a pattern. any tips on that?

Blizzard

If you want a fade-in effect on the sound, add "Attack" on volume. If you want it globally for the whole song, you can automate knob values.

Ryex

I mean make a pattern fade into the song or for that mater switch between left and right audio channels I believe I once read that you have to do some sort of automation but I didn't understand it.

Ryex

Blizzard

You can right click on the main volume knob on the top part of the GUI and select "Edit Events". That allows you to set up an automation sequence for the current pattern. I used that to fade in or out the whole song as well (like the end of Re-Birth).

Ryex

THANK YOU! i can't believe I didn't right click on any of those knobs...

Blizzard

You can also use right click for the events. ^_^ It will interpolate the values between the two points rather than you having to set up every value for every single moment.

Ryex

... another useful tip... *stops using the pen tool*

Ryex

so, I wanted to take my old song and finally make it into something, Blizz is there any chance you still have the project file I sent you?

Blizzard

As a matter of fact, I do. But I only have my remix version, I don't have your original.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20224394/Ryex%20-%20Obfuscatory%20Beginnings%20%28Blizzard%20Trance%20RMX%29.flp

Ryex

so... I was really down because I though I had lost the original project file forever. in one last hope of desperation I typed "untitled.flp" into my search box to search all my drives.

there was only one match, under "E:/RMXP/resorces", yes misspelling and all. My god I'm awesome at backing things up in places I'll never find them.

Blizzard

LMAO. Alright, I'm taking my file down then.