True love

Started by Sally, January 29, 2008, 04:11:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally

what do you guys think true love is?

Vell

the thing most humans wish to acquire, and that which people have made many stories detailing, however it is something no human truly understands, and truthfully, no human has acquired such a thing.

Calintz

I think that true love is hard to find...

We watch TV shows, and movies, and all kinds of animes and what not, and we see love on them. The only problem is, that this love is fake, and has changed the actualt thought of love to a stereotype, which makes true love harder to understand, and ultimately.....hard to obtain.

Vell

no human has ever come close to obtaining it, as one needs to pure of soul to achieve it... and no human in existence obtained that.

Punn

A quote from a friend irl:
True love is sex.

From me:
I get back on you with that one

Reygekan

Love is a biological reaction in the brain which releases three chemicals (I believe they are Adrenaline, Thyamine, and another I'm forgetting) which gets you on a high- love is, in fact, a drug-like addiction, and like everything the body begins building immunities. As such, the entire concept of true love can't exist because love is garunteed to fail given a long enough period of time.

So true love doesn't exist.

[/Science]

Vell

I hate humanity 30% more now.

Calintz

Vell

you dont, i mean, you just DONT Science love... YOU FREAKING DONT

Blizzard

Quote from: Reygekan on January 29, 2008, 07:40:48 pm
Love is a biological reaction in the brain which releases three chemicals (I believe they are Adrenaline, Thyamine, and another I'm forgetting) which gets you on a high- love is, in fact, a drug-like addiction, and like everything the body begins building immunities. As such, the entire concept of true love can't exist because love is garunteed to fail given a long enough period of time.

So true love doesn't exist.

[/Science]

I pretty much agree with those facts, but true love DOES exist. True love is NOT a feeling, though. If you truly love somebody, you don't feel it, you know it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

no, you see, True Love exists, but is unattainable by humans.

you Can't, and Don't, Science Love because, its more than one feeling, if the person you lvoe is happy, its easier to be happy, if there sad or upset, well, its likely that you are, you dont science it, because humans cannot fathom it. its as easy to understand and build an immunity too as hate. hate is more than one feeling too.

tell me, whats the science for hatred?

there probably isnt one, because humanity doesnt want to know about things that are uncomfortable. and if there is, well, then someone had a brain and decided that if your going to attempt to science the unsciencable, then you might as well do teh same for its polar opposite.

Sally

Vell

I think Reygekan got love mixed up with lust, as does more than ninety percent of the teenage population... and more than seventy percent of humanity.

Sally

Calintz

When you have intense feelings for someone >> but it's really your pheramones suggesting them, not your heart. Basically, your just "horny" and want the person for sex, but not in all cases. Love canstart as lust. I've seen it.

Vell

Calintz put it right.

Reygekan

You can science anything =P

Anyway, I think a lot of people confuse love with intense care, which is far different. I don't believe in "True Love" as the typical percieved love because it's a biological reaction. True Love in the sense of liking someone for who they are, I simply see as intense care and treat it as such. Care, I believe, is a lot truer and "purer" than love itself, which I view of as more of a drug than some kind of heavenly bond between two people.

No I'm not thinking of lust, which is something entirely different. I have experienced both love and lust, and know what the differences are =/

Calintz

Very good point Reygekan

Vell

I despise you for sciencing Love at any rate.

Reygekan