[RESOLVED] some more Blizz-ABS questions

Started by reddevil, January 30, 2008, 03:54:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reddevil

January 30, 2008, 03:54:40 am Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:08:40 pm by Blizzard
1ok if i want something to happen after you kill a monster how do I do that with blizz active.

2 I want to make a graveyard where zombies keep spawning inside the gaveyard at a spicific location, how is this done( i don't have the random respawn on)

3can i have a text box open after attacking a certain enemy

4 how do i make some enemies passive, i think it alled them critters in the manual but i would guess you could do it to anything.

thanks

Blizzard

1. Put it in the event code of the enemy. When an enemy gets killed, his event code is being executed.

2. That's not directly possible... It's a little bit complicated with variables and switches. You could store the zombie's original position with variables and immediately when it is respawned (turn the option on), you use a "Change Event Location" command to put the enemy back. You need as parallel process that checks whether the enemy is dead or not and only then move him. I suppose it would be less complicated if I simply make a special event command to declare a respawn position in the next version. -_-

3. This is also a bit complicated to make with events. What do you need it for? Maybe there's an alternative.

4. Give them the AI attribute of being passive. You can give special AI attributes by adding \ai[ABCDEFGH] in the name. You'd need to se A to 1 if you want THAT enemy passive. You should read 3.1.2. of the manual again, it's the one that explains how you need to do it. 4.1. has a description of what the attributes do.

Critters are a special group. They are not enemies, they are neutral. If an enemy attacks a critter, the critter will fight back, lol!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

reddevil

ok with your help i figured some of them out.
3 i wanted one of the bosses to say something during combat after a few hits from the player.

4 whats the command to make an event a critter it does't say it in 4.4.

thanks for your help.

reddevil

also when i add \a[] after the monster id if i use \a[1] it will make the monster passive but any other number will cause an error. not sure whats wrong

Blizzard

January 30, 2008, 12:15:26 pm #4 Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:18:05 pm by Blizzard
Quote3.1.4. Create a Critter

You can create critters the same way as enemies (read 4.4. for more information about critters). If you want to create a critter simply use "\c[ID]" instead of "\e[ID]" in the event's name. If you want to create a passive critter, you only need to apply the passive attribute onto his AI.

And it won't work if you just add \a[1], it HAS to be \a[1000000] (if all the other attributes are turned off). I mentioned that in the manual. You can't use any other numbers than 0 and 1. 0 is for "turned off", 1 is for "turned on".

I will add in the manual or version 1.9 or 2.0 how to check various conditions regarding the enemies. You can make your enemy simply say something after the hero has done like 5% damage or something like that. It will be very similar to the battle event conditions.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

reddevil

im sure im just missing something right infront of my face that i'm just not grasping but... what then would be the command for getting an enemy to call for help?

Blizzard

That is the 6th AI attribute, so \a[00000100]. If you want both passive and calling for help, you would simply use \a[10000100].

reddevil

yea makes perfect sense now thanks and sorry for all the questions

Blizzard