ANIME EXPO 2009 COVERAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY BADOU NAILS!

Started by GAX, June 28, 2009, 05:46:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

*Ahem*

Hello people and welcome to the Chaos-Project Coverage of the 2009 Anime Expo from sunny Los Angeles California.  I'm Badou Nails and I'll be your host to the plethora of events going on at the beautiful Los Angeles Convention Center!

Coverage will start on Thursday, July 2nd and will be updated daily with pictures and possible video.  Covering everything from new anime and games coming to the US this coming year and the cosplay scene, this will be your guide to AX.

Stay tuned for continuing coverage!

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

King Munkey

YAY can't wait. Go GAX. Is there really much to talk about on here until it starts?

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Diokatsu

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on June 28, 2009, 06:25:04 pm
We could talk about weeaboos.
Or the Swine Flu.

A-buu-buu-buu, have fun for you~

I can't believe it's that close to the day. I'd want to go and meet up with you, but that's unavailable to me.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

fugibo

Diokatsu

Quote from: You on June 28, 2009, 06:32:32 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on June 28, 2009, 06:25:04 pm
We could talk about weeaboos.
Or the Swine Flu.

A-buu-buu-buu, have fun for you~

I can't believe it's that close to the day. I'd want to go and meet up with you, but that's unavailable to me.

I hope everyone there get's swine flu except GAX.

G_G

Say Srk would be able to make it. Would you want him to still get swine flu?

fugibo

Quote from: game_guy on June 28, 2009, 08:41:39 pm
Say Srk would be able to make it. Would you want him to still get swine flu?

Is SRK hot? :V

Ryex

look through the post a pic of your self thread and find out.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

GAX

Um...Jinx and a couple of her cousins are going with me, and one of my cute asian friends is meeting up with me there...don't wish swine flu upon people please...

Also, if there is any companies or specific things you'd like me to cover, please say so now (though note I DO have plans and will not be able to cover everyone's stuff first-hand).

For events, go to www.anime-expo.org

=^.^=

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

The cousins that are going are both a couple of boys, sorry Blizz.

Anyways, my pass was just paid for and my costume should be ready soon.  I just need to make room on my mom's camera or find where mine disappeared to.

1st Day Events to be covered:
Moi dix Mois concert
-More to come-

GAX

AND HERE'S YOUR FIRST LOOK INTO THE 2009 ANIME EXPO!

The exhibit hall, as usual, was filled with a plethora of different vendors selling quite a few rare finds at great prices, but there was some disappointment...
It was difficult to find any non-hentai doujins games (such as the Touhou series or Million Knights Vermilion), and there was a much larger influx of hentai than the previous two expos (it's like the ratio of non-H Doujin games to Hentai was inverse between the two years).

FUNimation has begun showing the first Rebuild of Evangelion movie and I'll tell you it's already quite amazing.  Atlus Games has been holding signups for NeoSteam and we're also seeing an influx of western media at the expo.

Food, as always, will cost you an arm and a limb, and it's usually NOT worth it...my advice to any con-goers is to just go off grounds to get food.  The console gaming room at AX wasn't half bad, already loaded up with BlazBlue, along with Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Halo 3, and (sadly) Smash Bros (I personally do not care for this game as it pollutes competitive gaming, one round of Smash Bros being able to last upwards of 30 minutes).

The Moi dix Mois concert was fucking amazing to say the least.  I didn't have the best seats available but they were still good enough to easily see Mana sing his heart out. 

Now...the cosplay section.  Sadly I am fairly disappointed at this year's turnout of cosplayers.  While there were a few professional cosplayers at the expo and some people with truly amazing costumes, I saw a lot of bad costumes, many of these people being weeaboos who didn't even know what the character they were cosplaying as.  There was no major theme to cosplayers aside from a large number of Vocaloids, but sadly the low turnout of cosplayers this year derives the convention of a lot of its fun.

Tomorrow's events include a Morning Musume concert which promises to be pretty good, but I may be unable to attend this.  Also, due to tomorrow being Friday, there may be a larger turnout of cosplayers and possibly there may be some better vendors.  I currently have no camera so my pictures are being done with my phone, though I may not be able to supply any pics.