[REQUEST] Need Title Menu Modification (QUICKLY)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:13:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Hmm, it's pretty good honestly, but there are some flaws I've seen with this, and they're pretty big.

First one, is that the images are unnecessarily large, you don't need to use 640x480 with the positions marked.  I don't know much into scripting, but I think it would be easier to instead use an image depicting each selection (This is what I'm guessing is within Blizzard's modified Title Menu that he's using for CP), the images are set up not really to zoom in and out, but instead they just move left and right, and work like they're in a circle, so they can be swapped around and the selections can loop.  The other part I've figured from the last forum through Blizzard's showing off of how the images are set up on his title screen.  There is an image that fades in a gradient, from a semi-transparency that is white to the transparent color.  That is coded to appear over the pictures that are being used for selections, but the title screen itself is unaffected by the gradient picture.

What I was shooting for was a clone of the one that's in Chaos Project, mainly because it was perfectly executed and holds exactly what I was looking for.  I'm probably going to look through the script you wrote yourself sooner or later, and it's a pretty good shot.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Nortos

k ty, oh and I'm pretty sure Blizz did do the full screen pic, you can just make the writing a lot smaller, but it's the easiest way especially when I'm doing it for you as I can't be sure how big ect you want it, also if you would like to make the overlaying image I'm pretty sure I could do it for you

GAX

More:

The New Game Plus doesn't work (That's a simple one, but maybe it's just setup differently on, I'll work on that aspect later, but there is more important stuff).
There is no way to tell if an option is disabled or not.  With my afforementioned style that I gave, the selections would also have possible for multiple images.  An example is this.  New Game and Shut Down can't be disabled, so they would have only one image, but Continue and New Game + would have 2 images, or a more user-friendly option would to just make it so they don't appear at all.

I dunno regarding the thing about Blizz using fullscreen images, we'd have to ask him.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Nortos

January 20, 2008, 03:12:40 am #23 Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:35:02 am by Nortos
it seems easiest way to me, but anyway about NEW Game Plus I thought I'd leave FTS to that I'm still learning and would probably waste time with it, and yeah New Game Plus is visible but I don't think is too hard to disable though I can't do it :(
EDIT: Btw now that u got dwld wnt me to edit out the link? FTS may want it to help you if he does

Blizzard

In fact I use a window. I draw each command in the center, one left and one right. Then I move the window and it it gets "out of range", I increase or decrease the x value by a specific number, so the next set starts being shown. That creates an effect of cycling. I figured that one slightly bigger window (I draw only 2 or 3 commands off to the left and right) would cause less lag that a couple of sprites. This comes in handy especially now when I decided to use a slightly animated title. Again, I don't use like a couple of images, but an animation from the database on an invisible sprite to prevent lag as much as possible. ^_^
But I suggest you try it with images, it's more convenient that way and less likely to bug. I've had quite some troubles with making mine.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Yeah, Blizzard uses text, outlines text with the font 'Brush Script', got to love that. Anyway, I'll look into it now.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Right, you have CP's scripts, I completely forgot.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

No, I recognized it way earlier and knew for sure it was text. I also wondered how you coded the fading at the edges.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

I posted it on the old CP. I simply used another image, identical to the title one, but with an opacity gradient to the center. The window is actually covered by an image.

Fantasist

Yeah, I knew. I remember the discussion in old CP, but I realized the instant I saw your Titles folder.

GAX

lol, I was looking through my computer and I found the OLD beta test of the Final Demo for Chaos Project XD...

Blizzard

That was ages ago. I have way more scripts now in there. <_<;

GAX

Yeah, I realize that...I mean, this copy doesn't even have the CPCMS or the Title Menu changes.  I'm honestly getting a kick out of how heavily the game has changed over its development.

Blizzard

GAX

lol, I thought I said...whoops!  I wrote CMS instead of CBS...my bad...

Fantasist

QuoteOr battle changes. (-_-')

Awesome battle changes btw ^_^

@Nortos: lol! I checked your script and what you did can qualify as a 'Different Images for title screen options' script :)

@GAX: I've started working on the title scene, shouldn't be long now.

Nortos

:P yeah I thought of Blizz's way even though didn't know he did it with windows, but it would of been uber hard with windows...

Blizzard

Fantasist

Argh! Getting the sprites to loop's turning out painful to my head :X I decided to go for a plane with a bitmap forged from individual pics, but something seems off, it's too 'fixed', like, I can't grey the disabled continue. It seems easier somehow with text than sprites. Is there another thing I could do instead?Just wanted to know before going all out on it GAX.

Blizzard

January 21, 2008, 03:54:41 am #39 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:55:47 am by Blizzard
Instead of graying out make the opacity 128. To do so, use the .blt method like usual and add 128 as another argument.