Good animes?

Started by legacyblade, June 30, 2009, 12:23:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Punn

That's why I like it.

Ryex

are there any good amines that are like Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece but not Dragon Ball - Z ish?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

Those animes are from the root of Shonen Jump, so finding manga/anime under that corporation would be a good idea to look.

http://www.shonenjump.com

Of course, not all of them are nice choices. :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Quote from: Ryexander on November 22, 2009, 12:36:41 am
Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece

Like Star said, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are all Shounen so You'd be hard pressed to find them UNLIKE DBZ. Try Code Geass, Berserk and Fate/Stay Night.

legacyblade

Don't forget Deathnote and Elfen Lied.

[Faint]

kind of shocked this one has not been mentioned, Yu Yu Hakusho. that was a pretty good series, atleast IMO.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Blizzard

November 23, 2009, 11:44:49 am #26 Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:50:32 am by Blizzard
Angel Sanctuary (the 3 only most epic anime episodes in the entire history of anime)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (1 season which were in fact 6 movies)
Scryed (not bad, but not really suited for anything more than 1 season)

EDIT: A very rare anime: Tenjou Tenge. I watched only the first season and there doesn't seem to be more, but it was kinda cool.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

omg I loved S-cry-ed it was great but too short. :(

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: [Faint] on November 23, 2009, 11:40:45 am
kind of shocked this one has not been mentioned, Yu Yu Hakusho. that was a pretty good series, atleast IMO.
Yu Yu Hakusho was part of the Shonen Jump group, so I didn't mention it solely because you're able to find it on that site. ...At least I hope, I never actually looked at what I was typing. XD Phew, it definitely is...

How about Paranoia Agent? It has one of the best openings ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

I think one viewing of that can tell you what kind of anime it is. :>

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

Ghost in the Shell isn't bad either. But it's kinda weird and the actually the only interesting thing is the general background. The episodes are more or less boring. It's also quite hard to follow because there's lots of technical stuff going on.

BTW, don't forget that we have a thread with links to anime download sites. ;) It's probably on page 2 or 3 in this subforum.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

Paranoia Agent's opening scares me :( and Yu Yu Hakusho didn't start out as a Shonen Jump, so I forgot they had it  :P

Diokatsu

Quote from: legacyblade on November 23, 2009, 12:36:40 am
Don't forget Deathnote and Elfen Lied.

Not like Naruto or bleach OR One Piece....

Quote from: [Faint] on November 23, 2009, 11:40:45 am

Yeah I guess...kinda old and most everyone has seen it.
Quote from: Blizzard on November 23, 2009, 11:44:49 am
Angel Sanctuary (the 3 only most epic anime episodes in the entire history of anime)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (1 season which were in fact 6 movies)
Scryed (not bad, but not really suited for anything more than 1 season)

EDIT: A very rare anime: Tenjou Tenge. I watched only the first season and there doesn't seem to be more, but it was kinda cool.

AS: It's ok yeah... :\
NGE: Way overrated.
Scryed: Yeah...Not really...Watch it if you have time.
TT: Great show.

Quote from: Blizzard on November 23, 2009, 11:59:24 am
Ghost in the Shell isn't bad either. But it's kinda weird and the actually the only interesting thing is the general background. The episodes are more or less boring. It's also quite hard to follow because there's lots of technical stuff going on.

BTW, don't forget that we have a thread with links to anime download sites. ;) It's probably on page 2 or 3 in this subforum.

GITS is pretty psychological, but it was hard to get through at times.

legacyblade

@dio, well you suggested code geass. Since deathnote and Elfen Lied are like code geass, and code geass is apparently like Naruto, bleach, or one piece (I haven't watched any of these), I figured those two would be as well.

Starrodkirby86

No, no, noooooooooo.

Code Geass is more mature than those three. :xD:

At least, compared to Naruto. But CG Is definitely more grim. :P

Blizzard

November 23, 2009, 04:26:24 pm #34 Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:28:07 pm by Blizzard
Quote from: Diokatsu on November 23, 2009, 03:24:44 pm

Yeah, way not enough brutality and the last two episodes are so annoying.

Diokatsu

Quote from: Blizzard on November 23, 2009, 04:26:24 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on November 23, 2009, 03:24:44 pm

Yeah, way not enough brutality and the last two episodes are so annoying.

Damn straight.

And CG wasn't really similar to Death Note at all aside from a hero who was a bit dark. In fact, Lelouche and Light are almost exact opposites. One is a martyr who uses his own life for the ghood of many and ultimately sacrifices it and one is a man who's hatred leads him to kll those who he hates, thereby becoming what he decries. In effect, they are so unalike in motive that they cannot be compared. Lelouche is seen as evil but with a motive of pure and unadulterated "kindness", while Light is shown as good i n his action, but those actions are born out of contempt for people. Lelouche, if he has contempt at all, has contempt for the system of injustice and the malignities created by that system. Therefore, Lelouche seeks a way inside to destroy the evil he hates, like Suzaku says he does. Irony there. Light however, holds contempt for people, namely people who do evil. He seeks therefore to eliminate all who do evil. Compare those two. Lelouche seeks to destroy the system of racism while Light intends to destroy the people of evil. One is filled with hardship and suffering, both physically and mentally,. with a facade of evil. The other is done with death, paved with bodies and lead by someone who considers themselves above humanity and their evils. There is Lelouche and Light, two totally different characters. not entirely opposite, but one pick justice and a true sacrifice while the other intends to do good without any sacrifice of himself, in fact intending to glorify himself.