[XP] ShadowKey ( Update: July 30 2010 )

Started by godsrighthand, July 01, 2009, 01:29:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

godsrighthand

July 01, 2009, 01:29:59 am Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:02:12 am by godsrighthand
ShadowKey

IMPORTANT
Spoiler: ShowHide
This game is intended for mature gamers. By mature i mean those who can understand the greatness of games like The Witcher, The BG series, PS:T, KOTOR etc.

PS: Please read the manual first

STORYLINE
29 years ago research of magic yielded weapons that could be enchanted and with these weapons all manner of beasts from the lowly kobolds to the mighty dragons could be slain. Since then magical research has become an integral part of every country

Around 5 years ago the kingdom of Serilia attacked the nearby kingdom of Dalatrene. Surprise attack along with use of magical weapons of mass destruction led to total decimation of Dalatrene

Within months the Serilian army conquered a number of smaller kingdoms. It was when Serilia attacked the kingdom of Arcetum, which was home to the greatest magi, that the various kingdoms rallied against it to prevent it from getting stronger still

The alliance declared war on Serilia and in order to ensure total victory they recruited all manner of peasants and criminals to use as shock troops. One such person was you. In one particular battle you were severely injured and dying but to your surprise when you next opened your eyes you found an old man sitting next to you, smiling as he saw you stir. You were in a village near the battlefield and the old man was its Elder

That was 5 years ago and now after all these years the old man needs a favor done and has sent out a call for mercenaries. You decided to take it up for free and thus pay your debt to the Elder. On the way to meet the Elder you have a disturbing nightmare. It's probably the work of a sorcerer or necromancer, you've made a lot of enemies in your years as a mercenary. All part of a day's work........

FEATURES
Replayability, freedom of choice are the focus of this game. For more please see the manual

SCREENSHOTS

MANUAL

DEMO
Demo 2 - contains the entire prologue
http://www.mediafire.com/?n0yonoy5zui

CLASSES,SKILLS, AND ADVANCEMENT
This the one thing i forgot to include in the manual. Most party members will start out with the same class (vagabond ). This class is like a jack of all trades master of none. It can use skills from all classes however the most potent skills of each class are denied to it. One can change classes by doing certain "deeds" ( this would be a spoiler and so i wont reveal it ). When one changes classes they will retain all of the abilities they have already learned. This will allow you to make all sorts of hybrids. Also you not only control the class change for the pc but ALL your party members

As for skills, skills are NOT learned by level up, in fact the concept of level up has been scrapped. Skills can be learned in many ways. Get on the good side of an expert and you can convince him to teach you, find a long forgotten tome of spells are read from it ( if you have the appropriate language learned ) etc

CREDITS
I have asked a number of you permission to use your scripts/other resources but you may notice your name is not here this is because in the current demo not all of it has been used. As and when they are used i will give credit
Another thing: I have tried to trace the creator of all the resources i used however as you all know with the various sites out there this is nearly impossible and so if i have used some of your resources and have not given proper credit please pm me. I apologize in advance
Also if i have accidentally missed listing someone whose permission i asked, i apologize

Godsrighthand
TheInquisitor
Blizzard
Game_Guy
Shdwlink1993
ccoa
NAMKOR for this
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2404.0
My fav sayings
---My god carries a hammer. Your god died nailed to a tree. Any questions?
---When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
---War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.
---I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
---I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Blizzard

*fixes a few small "bugs" in GRH's post*

The game looks quite good. I'll most probably play it when it's done if it isn't too long. I might even take a look at the demo.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

godsrighthand

My fav sayings
---When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Starrodkirby86

Hey, thought I should play your game. Dear god, I forgot it was Blizz-ABS system'd though... ._.;

You should put events to Autostart at points instead of Parallel Process. The only big difference between the two is that Autostart makes the player uncontrollable while Parallel Process allows control of the player. But chances are, I think you are aware of this.

After that, I recommend giving a good punctuation and spelling check. Some words are misspelled or not punctuated (dont and jealosy, for example, should be don't and jealousy)

It gets very difficult to read since you omitted the periods. Such a shame, that's really one of the biggest flaws...

I haven't gotten to the battling stuff yet. But this seems a bit interesting, and certainly does beat a newbie's game.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

godsrighthand

July 03, 2009, 10:35:01 pm #4 Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:37:19 pm by godsrighthand
Parallel process to autostart -- will do. I did not know about the difference between autostart and parallel process

Punctuation, spelling -- ill try my best.

If you dont mind could you comment on what i asked you to comment ?

PS: just so you know you can complete 1 full side quest in the demo
My fav sayings

impulszero

Hmmm... i like the idea.
It is interesting to have outcome depending of player choice (like in Baldurs Gate or NWN)
Story is fairly simple, and yet fairly acceptable :D
looking forward to next demo. keep it up.

just a few things:
-it would be nice (and helpfull) if u add "Quest Book" feature :)
-Time in game,huh?... small advice if u dont mind:
1.make time go slower
2.Pause time when u have interaction with NPC ('case in demo i lost lot of game time on just talk)

Q:about ALIGNMENT stuff: will it be that u pick one(Like in NWN) or that u earn based on player doings?
(i hope second)
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

godsrighthand

About the story: It's NOT simple, i have tried to make the quality of the story as close to games like PST and BG 2 as i can ( If you want i can pm you the basic path of the story )

Quest book: I did add one but it caused some incompatibilities so i removed it, also im thinking of another way to indicate quests by placing icons over characters heads. Each icon will represent a particular state the quest is in ( like in mmo's )

Time: Ill think about it

Alignment: By actions of the player ( ex choosing the option to burn the mansion down has shifted your alignment i just didn't notify you of it ). You start out as true neutral
My fav sayings

impulszero

Quote from: godsrighthand on July 06, 2009, 11:17:39 am
About the story: It's NOT simple, i have tried to make the quality of the story as close to games like PST and BG 2 as i can ( If you want i can pm you the basic path of the story )

Dont get me wrong :) i didt say bad, did i? :D... i just said it's have "standard  start" if u like more (sry my english=sucks). i will not judge it untill i see it complite. (but pls do finish project, i really like the idea)
No need to PM, i have fate in u (becase of  demo)
Gonna wach for updates :ninja:

fugibo

GRH, you're using a Time/Environment system, right? I'd love to hear what you'd like to see in one, how the configuration should work, what features it should have, etc.

godsrighthand

Quote from: Longfellow on July 08, 2009, 09:39:58 am
GRH, you're using a Time/Environment system, right? I'd love to hear what you'd like to see in one, how the configuration should work, what features it should have, etc.

First of all i think you should pm me since this would be off topic
Another thing is that i dont understand. You want to know what kind of time/environ system i think would be best? I can tell you what i would want in one but since im no scripter i wont know if what i say will be possible
And lastly Why?? Are you planning to make one or something??
As i said, pm me
My fav sayings

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

godsrighthand

Well i think ATES does its job really well, I dont think any other features would be required. If i do think of something ill pm you. Is that okay?. Im also using ccoa's weather script ( in case you are wondering )
My fav sayings

FenrisHalo

Looks nice, though I think the story seems a bit... short.
I'm glad to see a game using inquisitor's tilesets, I never get around to do so myself xD. I'd also like to ask if you're going to reveal the reason the name is ShadowKey? Oh, and does the demo have proper passability for Inquisitor's maps? One major thing the people at "the palace" forgot to do :P
I like the leveling system, definitely nice to see some creativity there, and the thing about you being a mercenary is just cool.
I'm going to try the demo when I get on my laptop (not soon :P).

Oh, and you forgot to write about the characters. I'd love to hear more about \n[1]...
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

godsrighthand

Quote from: FenrisHalo on July 21, 2009, 04:50:43 pm
Looks nice, though I think the story seems a bit... short.
I'm glad to see a game using inquisitor's tilesets, I never get around to do so myself xD. I'd also like to ask if you're going to reveal the reason the name is ShadowKey? Oh, and does the demo have proper passability for Inquisitor's maps? One major thing the people at "the palace" forgot to do :P
I like the leveling system, definitely nice to see some creativity there, and the thing about you being a mercenary is just cool.
I'm going to try the demo when I get on my laptop (not soon :P).

Oh, and you forgot to write about the characters. I'd love to hear more about \n[1]...

Passability has been fixed. There is a small problem with that in the demo, but it will be fixed by the next demo release

The reason for the name would be a spoiler and so i will only be revealed ingame

I cannot reveal the character information since
              1) info of certain characters will reveal parts of story
              2) info of all other characters will be revealed in side quests
              3) every last bit of info about the pc is up to you
My fav sayings

godsrighthand

Info on demo 2

--- Added features

EVENT SYSTEM           
           Ultimate realism  ~ Godsrighthand ( i will be releasing this as a tutorial as soon as i can )

SCRIPTS
           A quest log ~ Leon
           Party item limit ~ Game Guy
           Stormtronics cms ~ Blizzard
           Action recharge time ~ Winkio
           BABS hud ~ Winkio
           Weapon specific skills ( maybe ) ~ Aqua

MISC
       A tutorial
       Tried to improve my English
       Fixed bugs
       Database will be 99% completed

--- Release date

I cant say because im very busy since college is starting in another 3 weeks
Hopefully it will be out by then

My fav sayings

godsrighthand

August 09, 2009, 11:04:17 am #15 Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:11:00 am by godsrighthand
The release date for demo 2 is ( +/- one day )

7 days :: Sunday afternoon ( IST )
IST = GMT + 5:30

Demo 2 will contain the entire prologue
My fav sayings

impulszero

godsrighthand

Prologue (Demo 2) is complete and should have been released a few hours ago unfortunately i dont have the time to test and debug it
I need a few people to debug it for me
Any volunteers??
My fav sayings

tSwitch

game looks good, though the faces are hovering in a weird spot.
I'd suggest not using the size-to-text option in your message system if you're using face sets.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

FenrisHalo

Quote from: godsrighthand on July 21, 2009, 10:10:19 pm
Passability has been fixed. There is a small problem with that in the demo, but it will be fixed by the next demo release

Thank goodness...
The reason for the name would be a spoiler and so i will only be revealed ingame

Aaaah!
I cannot reveal the character information since
              1) info of certain characters will reveal parts of story

Cool
             2) info of all other characters will be revealed in side quests

Quote from: FenrisHalo
Cool

3) every last bit of info about the pc is up to you

:naughty: