Started by RoseSkye, July 01, 2009, 03:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

July 01, 2009, 03:33:26 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:22:45 pm by RoseSkye
L.E. Event based Battle System
Version: 1.0
Type: Battle System

Introduction

An evented battle system done just to do it.

Features

Features (* is the features already implemented somewhat)

Supports up to 4 players
*Anger System
*Combo System
*Party A.I.
Party Combo System
*Revenge Attack (If The main character is low on health, the party member(s) close to the main character has a 33.3% chance to become infuriated and attack back after the enemy uses a skill)
*Die for you Defense (If the main character is low on health, the party member(s) close to the main character has a 33.3% chance to take a blow for the main character)
*Enemy A.I.
Defense supported by armor
Attack supported by weapons
Idle Poses
Attack Poses
Defense Poses
Skill Poses
*Random Voice system

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

Download here (Talk to the guy behind the desk to access battle. Be sure to look around the town to see how awesome my mapping is.)

Instructions
Combo
Six input letters in all.
[1] Lightning: First 3 input (down down A)
[2] Cold Feet: Last 3 input (left down S)

To fight (input combo) you may hit six keys
The Arrow keys for left, right, up, down or A/S.

Credits and Thanks

Myself.

Author's Notes

Totalitarianism

Blizzard

<3

Are you going to post the full thing when it's done? If you apply the topic template, I'll move it into the database already.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on July 01, 2009, 04:21:23 pm
<3

Are you going to post the full thing when it's done? If you apply the topic template, I'll move it into the database already.

Yeah, and I'm working on four games at once.. (this system included into a game in which I am doing just to build my experience with eventing and stuff). So I'm not dedicating my time totally to it.. so I'll feel bad if you moved it to the database where people have complete things that they finished. I'd like to wait until I completely finish it first.

Ryex

looks good! can't wait to see the finished product! *added to the Database Guide with a WIP tag, the WIP tag will be removed when it is finished*
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

*puts your screenshots some clothes spoilers on*
*moves*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on July 01, 2009, 05:27:54 pm
*puts some clothes spoilers on your screenshots*
*moves*

fixed

Looks great btw.  I guess you are another one of the members that joined when I was gone.  very cool.

Blizzard

RoseSkye

July 01, 2009, 07:22:45 pm #7 Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:26:00 pm by RoseSkye
*puts your screenshots some clothes spoilers on*
*moves*

You have something against my screenshot freeballing? You.. you.. un-american.

Quote from: winkio on July 01, 2009, 05:50:54 pm
*puts some clothes spoilers on your screenshots*
*moves*

fixed

Looks great btw.  I guess you are another one of the members that joined when I was gone.  very cool.

I was a lurker. I joined a year ago, became active around this year.

Aqua

Blizz isn't American... o.o
So him being "un-american" doesn't really... damage? XD

9. Images should always be put in [spoiler] tags. Some people have dial-up or limited bandwidth. Exception are smaller images (by filesize, not by dimensions!) and logos from companies and/or game projects and/or forums (i.e. in the advertising section) and some other special cases where the information is actually on the image (images with lots of text).

RoseSkye

Quote from: Aqua on July 01, 2009, 07:28:19 pm
Blizz isn't American... o.o
So him being "un-american" doesn't really... damage? XD

9. Images should always be put in [spoiler] tags. Some people have dial-up or limited bandwidth. Exception are smaller images (by filesize, not by dimensions!) and logos from companies and/or game projects and/or forums (i.e. in the advertising section) and some other special cases where the information is actually on the image (images with lots of text).

Oh, you.

Don't take me seriously, ever.

DeathLock

Isn't that nice? You're using my giant slime sprite. ^_^

RoseSkye

July 01, 2009, 08:08:47 pm #11 Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:11:04 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: DeathLock on July 01, 2009, 07:58:05 pm
Isn't that nice? You're using my giant slime sprite. ^_^

If you're going to be a douche about it, I'll take it out.

Its not like I walked around saying "I'll steal this from this guy.. as opposed to.. I need something to serve as a place holder and since this was part of the LoS Resource Pack.. its free material" ^_^

Update: I took the slime out, and I'm reuploading the demo.

Ryex

I think it was more of a "yay my resources are being used instead of laying around in the dust!" post skye
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

RoseSkye

Quote from: Ryexander on July 01, 2009, 08:45:57 pm
I think it was more of a "yay my resources are being used instead of laying around in the dust!" post skye

Trust me, I was part of a site with DL before. Dude hates my guts, and if I knew it was his resource before I wouldn't have used it.

DeathLock

LOL! Rose, I didn't mean it that way.

And who said I hated your guts? If you mean GG again, then I must say that you're confusing me with someone else. ^_^

G_G

hey hey hey hey what do you mean GG >:U I've never hated his guts O_o

RoseSkye

Really gg? I must have done something wrong..

*Pinches Rye's butt* G_G did it.

G_G

Ok who's this other "GG" because around here I'm known as GG, G_G, G_g, g_g, game, game_guy etc....

Blizzard

You grabbed his ass. *grabs Rose's ass* It was totally G_G.

G_G

*grabs blizzy's ass* It was totally this guy => :roll:

DeathLock

Hmmm, ass-grabbing topic. :naughty:

Why is the enemy sprite at a low opacity? Is it suppose to show that its not its turn or something?

Other than that, great work on the system.

C.C. rOyAl

i know this topic is dead but i have a question, how do i actually get the system? i  downloaded the demo but the file (i forget the name right now) was encrypted.

C.C. rOyAl

EZ Destroyer

the download is set to private. u might want 2 change that.