Cosplay Crisis

Started by SorceressKyrsty, July 06, 2009, 09:32:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: Blizzard on October 23, 2009, 02:26:57 pm
The screenshot looks very good. Is that my RTAB status display hack you're using? xD

Tifa's boobs are too small. D:

I do believe thats Garnet from FF9

Calintz

I think Blizzard is referring to the drawing of Tifa at the top.

Blizzard

And you think right.

But I wish I knew what you are talking about. :V:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

LMAO, what!?
Now I'm confused ... O.o.

Garnet is in the svbs screenshot, and Tifa is at the top.

SorceressKyrsty

October 23, 2009, 10:29:56 pm #24 Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:45:28 pm by SorceressKyrsty
Lack of pants? o.O

Yeah, that is your display hack ^_^. It's a lot cleaner than the original by DVV.

And I have no idea what you people are talking about.  :^_^': Calintz is right, Tifa is the picture in the top thread, Garnet/Dagger is in the screenshot.
Garnet/Ruby's portrait: (You can rename her, but as with FF9, her real name stays 'Ruby')

By the way, both Ruby and Zane are secret characters, despite them having pretty solid links to the other characters (Zane is Kumo's younger brother [blasphemy =O])
The sound of a bubble popping.

Calintz

Oooh, I like the headshot of garnet.

mila26

October 25, 2009, 08:09:01 am #26 Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:10:25 am by mila26
wow that is amazing i mean the color use edges r a bit  :P but it looks very good

SorceressKyrsty

Yeah, I uploaded that picture before I fixed the edges. It really matters what the image looks like at 10%, though, because that's the size it appears at in-game.

Random new intro screenie:

His house actually looks like an apartment now.

Calintz

Kumo doesn't really look like he's laying down.
I think all of your sprites need some work.

SorceressKyrsty

Well, there's a line-up of a number of charactersets used in CC. What do you think I could improve? Looking at the way Kumo is lying, He doesn't look like he's laying down, but I used a RTP template to sprite him. He's awake, obviously, and at the beginning of that sequence he does wake up.

I'm not really good with hair. Kumo's hair I wasn't referencing to the RTP but I was with Levi's and I think his turned out ok. I think.

Calintz

Honestly ...
The main thing that I can say is that you DO NOT need to fit each character into a 32 x 48.

You've squeezed the players to fit a small size, when the sizes that can be used are unlimited ... very bad. very bad.
The sprites are cool, but you need to enlarge them, and work on the hair.

SorceressKyrsty

Alright, I've been having a bit of a block lately AND I've had exams, but I have done some work. There will be a lot more to the next demo, and I mean a lot.

In the meantime while I try to motivate myself:

And I've been working on Kumo's hair. A lot.

Oh and, promotional poster!

YOU WANT TO PLAY MY GAME. @_@

[Faint]

As artist we tend to pick out the flaws in each others work, not so much as a means of degrading, but more of a means of constructivly criticizing to spark an overall improvement.

That being said, I think your work with the headshots and such have greatly been improving. I really like the poster approach. The only thing I can really find that needs a bit of work is your shape definition, by which I mean like you body/muscle definition and objects such as the gun. Your shading has improved a lot but could still improve some in the aspect of some not so smooth shade transitions.

I hope you don't take this as me bashing your work and/or style. I am only trying to help a fellow artist.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

SorceressKyrsty

Thanks for the comments, Faint. I don't really do a lot of object drawing. I should get around to it more often =/.

On that note, completely revised Kumo's sprite hair. He and Zane have the same hair and eye colour. I'm not touching Levi's sprite because I'm still happy with his hair.

Miri is getting completely resprited however.

I updated the first post. Will update with drawings as I finish them.

RoseSkye

Diokatsu

Why is it all Final Fantasy D:

SorceressKyrsty

Easier when it comes to the credits. Characters from other games/manga to show up though. It has a fair amount of Resident Evil influence, some FMA simularities, Sailor Moon sells you materia. The guy from Shamwow really killed Billy Mays with a Death Note. That sort of stuff.
Plus it was Final Fantasy inspired :V.

SorceressKyrsty

I come bearing screenshots!

I have been working hard at this game. Right now I have about 20 mins playtime from the very beginning, however there is a lot past that that isn't linked up storyline and event wise. I wouldn't be surprised if the new demo goes over 2hrs and branches into 3.
I'm aiming for April 19th AT THE LATEST. Don't be surprised if the demo shows up earlier than then. I'll probably have all the maps, etc, done pretty soon, but there are still a lot of graphics I need to repair and create.

All facesets have been completely redrawn. I'm thinking about having a specific picture show up in game when a character is introduced if I have the motivation. If I don't, you'll only get an image when you meet Air (Aeris's counterpart) in an alley, since the image is finished. SHE DOES NOT JOIN YOUR PARTY AT ANY TIME, BUT SHE DOES NOT DIE.
...In this game.

Not saying I'll ever do a sequel or anything, I just like writing out scenarios.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Don't you think you should keep using shadows everywhere? o.o;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SorceressKyrsty

February 06, 2010, 05:26:27 am #39 Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:39:10 am by SorceressKyrsty
Last screen shot was taken before I implemented shadows/light effects ;) I will be using shadows everywhere, unless I can't define a light source properly because I'm stupid. D:

EDIT: Also, Blizz, could you please move this to the normal Projects section? I don't think it really belongs in New Projects anymore.