Stigma: Uprising

Started by BlackStatic, July 13, 2009, 08:09:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStatic

July 13, 2009, 08:09:39 am Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:38:43 pm by BlackStatic

A BlackStatic Game

Stigma: Uprising

-In Development-

Completion Status:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Characters: 100%
Script/Story: 100%
Story Branches: 2%
Character Bio Pages: 32%
Scripts: 37%
Attacks: 50%
Custom Menu:64%
Field Modes(Stealth, Surveillance, etc): 66%
Augmentations(70 out of 400+): 20%
Upgradeable/Dynamic Abilities Shop: 50%
Soundtrack: 110% (over planned amount)
Weapons(30 out of 100): 30%
Armors(39 out of 154): 26%
Armor/Weapon Combination Bonuses(5 of 75): 7%
Enemies(12 of 50): 25%
Animations: 3%
Visual Equipment Drawn: 7%
Tileset Drawn: 1%

Alright, Let's do this again... (Previously posted on RPGRevolution.com)

This game is closely based off of my book in progress of the same title. This first installment of a planned trilogy takes place through the years 2177-2179, and allows you, the player, to witness the creation of a new race of human that will alter history forever. In this future, humans constantly strive to be better than their fellow man, and ever since genetic augmentation had been legalized in 2043, they had easily achieved that. Soon, the weaker envied the stronger, and war broke loose. Petty war turned into world war, then eventually nuclear war. More than half of the planet had been decimated by nuclear attacks in the year 2162, and two remaining forces drove the war onward. One of these forces was what remained of the United States, the other was everyone else who had survived. Genetic augmentation was no longer wanted, it was needed and necessary for survival. Humans had become more durable, more fit for harsh conditions, more lethal. This lethality was not just directed towards their apparent enemies across seas, but towards each other. This was especially true for the people of the decimated U.S. Anarchy was destroying the country from the inside out.

The United States 'government' eventually had no choice but to count their own citizens as hostile, and set up multiple military facilities across the east coast in order to keep things in order. The government saw that if their civilians continued their attacks, all hopes for victory in the war would be gone. They quickly requested for a new genetic enhancement for their troops, that would boost their effectiveness in battle, and waited for the augmentation to arrive. Sooner than expected, it was delivered to the instructed testing facility, and distributed to fourteen of the centers most promising troops. The initial effects were expected. Heightened endurance, increased muscle mass, quicker judgement, increased ability to complete instructions. Soon, after constant 'tests', more advanced, mind-boggling, effects began to show. The red eyes that could supposedly allow the person to see every 'layer' of the human body. Pale skin. An incredible regenerative ability. An odd electric current that warned the person of an incoming attack. They seemed unstoppable. They were unstoppable. Weeks after the arrival of the enhancement, the facility was found in ruins, the bodies of the injected soldiers and many 'training prisoners' missing amidst the bloody massacre. The only evidence of what happened was a recovered audio clip from a scientists computer.

"Something has gone terribly wrong! The augmented are killing everyone! They're killing EVERYTHING!!! B.O.O.S.T. has fragmented their ge- ... ... -re being controlled b- ... -ontact Caster, make him t- ... DESTROY THIS ABOMINATION!!! *static*"

One could only assume that the enhanced soldiers became hungry with power, and went on a killing rampage. A bounty had been placed on each of them. Our story begins... Or something like that...

Characters (Playable or not):
Gaelmir(Playable): He is a 'young' historian who lives around 1000 years after the events of the game. He is one of the many who operates a machine called 'The Reansulator', which uses memory chip implants from the humans of a certain era to reveal their world as it was in that time. The operators will then live the life of that human, sometimes multiple times, to obtain information about their given time period. Gaelmir, the most promising of the upcoming generation of historians, is tasked with two memory chips, and is offered the chance to test a new feature in The Reansulator. The two chips were from the bodies of two very influential people during the time of his species uprising. Daniel Jacobs, and Alexander Johnston, a name everyone knew all to well. He must choose what life he wants to live, or if he wants to test the machines new feature, Artificial Life-form Memory Logging.

Daniel Jacobs(Playable - Campaign 1): A former U.S. Marine who suffered a crippling leg injury after rescuing his team from an enemy base. He was discharged from service after several mission failures, and sent home to New Jersey. After finding that his parents had been murdered, he relocated to Deftin City(fictional city, created solely for the story) and applied to become a cop and began a search for their killers. After learning from one of his friends/informants that the killers were a part of a cult called the Bloodreapers, he secretly set up an 'event' that would lure one of these members in, and so Daniel could hopefully arrest them. On the day of the 'event', Daniel calls for backup as he wheels his futuristic motorcycle to the side of the dirt road, and trudges through the swamp and to the beginning of his story.

Alexander Johnston(Playable - Campaign 2): A young soldier for the U.S. Army Corps, Alexander is one of the few soldiers who were recruited for a special project. Housed in a training facility, code named 'Base 83', Alexander was once again augmented with a top-of-the-line genetic enhancement. It changed him in new, horrifying ways. His once red hair turned grey and morphed into solid spikes atop his head. His green eyes filled with red blood, his teeth slimmed out and sharpened, he began to lose his sanity. As he struggles to keep himself sane, he constantly realizes and finds new abilities. His ability to recover from virtually any wound, his ability to see in, and through, people, his ability to sense emotions... He feels something growing inside him, like a sort of rage, and he cannot seem to find a way to suppress it. There is evil flowing through his veins...

In Progress...

Features:

- Survive through the horrors of the future
    world, and fight your way to victory as
    you are constantly bombarded by your
    enemies in this Survival RPG.

- Follow through the storyline as you are
    told, or ignore your orders entirely and
    alter the outcome of the story, witnessing
    all 50 possible endings to the current
    installment of 'Stigma', for each of the
    three characters. That makes for up to 150
    different endings!

- Take on the role of either of the two
    predetermined characters, or create your
    own character, and leave your own mark in
    the story.

- Play through any of the three campaign
    modes to unlock the bonus features option,
    allowing you to view character bios, enemy
    information, cheats, bonus weapons, bonus
    armors, and bonus missions. Play through
    all three campaign modes to unlock even
    more...

- Sneak past your enemies in 'Stealth Mode',
    hack into security systems to view
    hallways, sight potential threats, and
    even get a birds-eye view of the entire
    city that you currently occupy.

- Customize your character's genetic
    structure with 'Nanodes', and further
    increase their abilities. With 'Nanodes',
    you can permanently increase character
    stats, learn secret abilities, run faster,
    blend in with your enemies, and more.
    Also, it changes the story!

- Customize and upgrade weapons by using
    'Modification Parts', which are obtained
    by searching lockers, raiding destroyed
    cities, crafting, or simply buying.

- Listen to a dynamic soundtrack, featuring
    the music genres of Metal, Industrial, and
    Techno, adding a dark, futuristic
    atmosphere to the game. All original,
    open-source music. Also featuring
    industrial music by Newground.com's
    'midimachine'!

- Get an in-depth look at how your actions
    could affect the story's path by studying
    the 'Memory Branch System', or 'M.B.S.',
    an ever growing tree of choices that
    progresses as you do. Also, view what
    could have happened if you had chosen to
    do something else, by selecting a 'Dead
    Branch' in the tree.

- Your actions shape the outcome of the
    entire story. The ending for your story is
    labeled, and given to you after the
    credits as a number(1-150), and is
    archived by you. Input this number at the
    beginning of a future installment to alter
    the starting point, story, and characters
    involved in the future games.

- Cutscenes, since they are... bland, when
    made with this program, are going to be
    hand drawn by me, and revealed to you as a
    graphic novel, sort of like Max Payne.
    There will be text bubbles, and hopefully
    voices. You can go into the bonus features
    room after you complete the game to read
    these again.

- Travel through an open world and explore
    the entirety of the U.S. North-East coast,
    the ever-fading remains of the nation in
    this future world. Travel throughout the
    destroyed nation, saving cities from
    destruction, or destroying them
    yourself... Areas include New Jersey, New
    York State (The Wasteland), Massachusetts,
    Rhode Island, and parts of Pennsylvania,
    Delaware, and Maryland.

- All tilesets, character and enemy sprites,
    animations, pictures, weapon/item/armor
    icons, and story are original.

Newest Pics:
The updated title screen. (Script Credit goes to MOGHUNTER)

An updated version of the first area for 'Campaign: Alexander'

Gaelmir (Version 2.5) 'Game Exclusive Character'

Pictures
I try to keep some humor in the game, just to lighten the mood a bit.

The Faces of the Characters... (In Progress)

The Current Title Screen

Good-old, hand-drawn concept art!

It's C.H.A.O.S.! (Cybernetic Hazardous Area Operating Suit)

Custom Menu!

An Original Sprite! He's Augmented!

An Original Futuristic Vehicle!

Story Summary(or at least all you need to know.):

This first installment covers the dawn of a new race of humans, and the original race's fight to survive the swift evolution. You will meet multiple people, each with their own individual stories on the uprising, and how they all cope with being a now inferior race. These peoples stories will all meet at some point, and that point is up to you. Will you stay inferior, or become one of them? Will you fight for others, or yourself? How will you sway the course of history? These are your questions, now... Think wisely on your answers... These may be your last...

Coming fall 2010... Hopefully...
"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it..."

Blizzard

Looks interesting. The "original futuristic vehicle" reminds me a lot of Extreme-G, tough. :P
BTW, that sprite with the gray hair could use some shading on his hair.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

BlackStatic

Quote from: Blizzard on July 13, 2009, 09:12:00 am
Looks interesting. The "original futuristic vehicle" reminds me a lot of Extreme-G, tough. :P
BTW, that sprite with the gray hair could use some shading on his hair.

Haha, yeah. A lot of the sprites are still in progress, so they still look a little odd. And I'm trying to fix the bike up, too. lol
"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it..."

impulszero

sry if this go offtopic or spam or something else, but i must ask:

dud, did u put a black metal in Stigma: Uprising Trailer ???
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

BlackStatic

Quote from: impulszero on July 13, 2009, 02:32:04 pm

Ummm... I put an industrial metal song in A 'Stigma: Uprising' Trailer. Why do you ask?

impulszero

Quote from: BlackStatic on July 13, 2009, 02:42:45 pm

Ummm... I put an industrial metal song in A 'Stigma: Uprising' Trailer. Why do you ask?

ehh... no rsn
just asking.... dont seams to fit. ya know you dont show how game looks like,only a few moving pic so...
somebody could get a wrong idea...
i( dont know rly, i just wanted to ask. like i said i must ask :))

<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

BlackStatic

Quote from: impulszero on July 15, 2009, 10:48:21 am
Quote from: BlackStatic on July 13, 2009, 02:42:45 pm

ehh... no rsn
just asking.... dont seams to fit. ya know you dont show how game looks like,only a few moving pic so...
somebody could get a wrong idea...
i( dont know rly, i just wanted to ask. like i said i must ask :))

Hahaha, yeah, I was originally going to make an animated movie for it, and posted a few things for it, but since nobody replied to them, I stopped production. lol, yeah that wasn't for the game.

Subsonic_Noise

You better finish this   >:U
Good to see that I'm not the only one who's making a game with a rather dark mood.^^

BlackStatic

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 27, 2009, 07:57:09 am
You better finish this   >:U
Good to see that I'm not the only one who's making a game with a rather dark mood.^^

Hahaha, believe me, I will. I don't think I've ever had this much fun doing something. I get to draw, write, AND make a game. It's awesome. (now if only I could learn to script...)

BlackStatic

First post update.

[this is not a double post, 24+ hours has passed since the last message.]