[XP] Threat System v1.2

Started by Fantasist, July 13, 2009, 12:40:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 14, 2009, 08:50:53 am
Quote from: Fantasist on July 14, 2009, 08:32:17 am
You see, I'm at a point of life where everything I do should pay off to my education or my career, or I feel like I'm wasting time, or worse;

No! Don't think like that! Education and career isn't everything!

Sí. You can also knock up Germans and play with pollen in your spare time.

(10 cookies to first to catch the reference, though it isn't that hard)

Fantasist

July 14, 2009, 09:08:17 am #21 Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:09:25 am by Fantasist
QuoteNo! Don't think like that! Education and career isn't everything!

I'm a person who knows that better than probably most people, but I'm already 2 years late. I have to open my eyes to the world some day. If I just focus for two years on those two aspects, I can live the rest of my life without having to worry much about them. If I slack off now, I'll be forced into the hard fight for survival. If you notice, I said "I'm at a point where...", that implies this is a passing phase I can't avoid. And "I will only use it when I have the time and plan for my game." I still plan to complete the game, even after I'm married, lol!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of guy who always focuses of career and profit alone. In fact, I'm quite the opposite (I'm an INFP, if it means anything to you). But sometimes, you have to do things you don't like for securing a life where you can live in agreement with your conscience.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Fantasist on July 14, 2009, 09:08:17 am
I'm a person who knows that better than probably most people, but I'm already 2 years late. I have to open my eyes to the world some day. If I just focus for two years on those two aspects, I can live the rest of my life without having to worry much about them. If I slack off now, I'll be forced into the hard fight for survival. If you notice, I said "I'm at a point where...", that implies this is a passing phase I can't avoid. And "I will only use it when I have the time and plan for my game." I still plan to complete the game, even after I'm married, lol!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of guy who always focuses of career and profit alone. In fact, I'm quite the opposite (I'm an INFP, if it means anything to you). But sometimes, you have to do things you don't like for securing a life where you can live in agreement with your conscience.

Well OK then, what you said sounded  like the complete opposite^^
I don't really have to worry about things like that as my hobbies and my career will most likely be the same thing (I want to be an audio engineer/ musician) and I still have 3 years of school^^
[/offtopic]

Seox

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on July 14, 2009, 06:43:09 am
Quote from: Seox on July 14, 2009, 12:12:18 am
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on July 13, 2009, 08:28:01 pm
Does this script give you threat depending on how much damage you do?

No. Even misses generate threat. Try the demo, you'll see very quickly how it works. However, with basic scripting knowledge, an edit is possible. I might not be able to SOON, but within the next couple of days, I can edit it for you.

Good ^^ I could see that some people might want to use this version of a threat system, but to me it just doesn't make sense to have a threat system where how much damage you deal doesn't deside your threat.
< wow and aoc geek =D

Send me a PM with the details?

Fantasist, my coding isn't exactly the CLEANEST stuff around, but it works, and it's (I SUPPOSE) readable. If I make this edit for Kagutsuchi, would you like a copy of the result with which to base a possible update off of, or release as 1.something? I'll make it configurable as to the threat style - current, or damage based. What do you say?
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Fantasist

Well, frankly, I don't want anything to do with this anytime soon, but sure, why not? I'll do what I can while I'm still into it.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Seox

Quote from: Fantasist on July 14, 2009, 06:36:52 pm
Well, frankly, I don't want anything to do with this anytime soon, but sure, why not? I'll do what I can while I'm still into it.

^_^
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: Seox on July 14, 2009, 10:23:47 am
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on July 14, 2009, 06:43:09 am
Quote from: Seox on July 14, 2009, 12:12:18 am
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on July 13, 2009, 08:28:01 pm
Does this script give you threat depending on how much damage you do?

No. Even misses generate threat. Try the demo, you'll see very quickly how it works. However, with basic scripting knowledge, an edit is possible. I might not be able to SOON, but within the next couple of days, I can edit it for you.

Good ^^ I could see that some people might want to use this version of a threat system, but to me it just doesn't make sense to have a threat system where how much damage you deal doesn't deside your threat.
< wow and aoc geek =D

Send me a PM with the details?

Fantasist, my coding isn't exactly the CLEANEST stuff around, but it works, and it's (I SUPPOSE) readable. If I make this edit for Kagutsuchi, would you like a copy of the result with which to base a possible update off of, or release as 1.something? I'll make it configurable as to the threat style - current, or damage based. What do you say?

Details? There really aren't all that many details..
-You generate threat equal to the amount of damage or healing you do
-Skills may have threat modifiers, some skills may be set up in a database to generate 200% threat (twice the damage they deal) and some skills may have a flat threat modifier. +500/-500 threat.
-"Taunt" skills which place you on the top of the threat list, regardless of anything else.

KCMike20

This is the best surprise!  I've been busy with school, but I come back to RMXPing and see that my script request has been finished.  Thank you so much, Fantasist!  You've made my day, many times over.    :haha:

Fantasist

No problem ^_^ (and sorry for being a year late ^_^')

Memor-X

oh man, this could possibly be the best battle add-on script i could use, i've always wanted to make my enemies more dangerous like how they are in Final Fantasy XII where they find and kill the most dangerous enemy *Level++*

tSwitch

I like this, I very may use it for my Kommunizt project.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Fantasist

Glad to know my work is appreciated ^_^

tSwitch

it doesn't quite like ZTBS that I can tell, so I'll figure that out some other time.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Memor-X

i was just iplementing it into Black Core (over 200 skills to configure, took a while) and i was just thinking about a suggestion,

what i thought of is maybe multipling the threat depending on the element so say a monster's Fire element defence level is A, Ice element is F and the rest C, if the monster is atatcked with a fire element skill, the threat goes up by x3 more (because it is it's wekaness) while when attacked by an ice skill, it goes down my x-3 (because it absorbs the attack, no threat and most liekly to ignore that chater so it can keep getting attack and healed up like that)

so it works like this

A = x3
B = x2
C = normal
D = -normal (or x-1, which ever you want to call it)
E = x-2
F = x-3

Talglys

I'm having a problem with the threat system here. After I implemented it into my game, I cannot force a monster to do a skill. Quite basically, the force action function doesn't work any more. Any suggestions?  :P

Fantasist

Holyrapid

Is this compatible with Charlie Lee´s CTB (the FFX battle systme script...) and if not, could somebody make a plugin for it.

Jackolas

October 05, 2009, 05:59:41 am #37 Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:22:28 am by Jackolas
QuoteIs this compatible with Charlie Lee´s CTB (the FFX battle systme script...) and if not, could somebody make a plugin for it.

we don't know.
if you really wane know I suggest to test it out yourself.
put both in a project and see if you get errors

i have it running with a high custom Sideview battle system

been looking at the CTB, it should work. but it will require some edits in the script to make it more visual.

edit:
tested it in the demo
seems to work without a problem
you should make a new frame for the threat or something because the normal one will not work.

Holyrapid

samsonite789

Tested this on RTAB...didn't quite work.

Has anyone been able to get it to work with RTAB?  Or have any ideas on how to?  Thanks!