[XP] Threat System v1.2

Started by Fantasist, July 13, 2009, 12:40:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

Sorry, but I've stopped coding RGSS a while ago. Besides, as I said before, the possibilities for making enemies intelligent are way too many, and this is a simple script based on a specific request by a member. I might update this, just maybe. If I do, I'll inform you by PM. But better not count on it. Sorry ._.

@Any other scripters: You guys can take a shot at this. If you release a version based on this one, I'll lock this topic and link to yours.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Fenriswolf

That's ok, thanks for the response anyway.  :)
The game I'm working on is for my final assignment at school
and it has to be done by januari/februari.
Untill then i'll keep an eye on my PM's and this thread in case you change your mind
or someone else decides to do it.

Fantasist

October 11, 2011, 04:43:22 pm #62 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:44:07 am by Fantasist
Sorry again. Good luck :)

EDIT:

Updated to v1.1
Changelog:
Quote1.1 - Fixed Force Action bug and added enemy-specific threat ignore

If I ever update this again:
To-do: ShowHide

- Explore force action bug and see if it can be fixed in a better way.
- Re-work entire system to see if it can include many of the requested features without breaking compatibility with other scripts.

Point 2 in the To-do list is the main reason why I don't want to update this script. If it were specifically for one game, I could add many features but as a script release, it's too much pain to worry about compatibility.

EDIT 2:

Updated to v1.2
Changelog:
Quote1.2 - Added disable by switch, threat by damage, fixed a display bug
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Fenriswolf

Awesome job and again, thank you for your help and effort. :)

*levels up*

Fantasist

Fenriswolf

I am having a very odd issue, that is just... well.. odd.

I am using this script, configured it for multiple skills and tested it:
everything works as supposed to as expected.

Now, when my game is demo-ready, I compress it and then extract it on a different pc to do another final full test run.

This is where the sorcery kicks in:
some skills add a different amount of threat than supposed to, while the regular attack and other skills still work as supposed to.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause of this?

Goldenpersuader

April 09, 2012, 07:53:43 am #66 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:26:20 am by Goldenpersuader
I tryed to use this script and it all works for me except threat caused by skills, the second part works the threat removed by skills but i cant create a taunt move because no skills will create any threat, i have tryed typing [100, -10] [+100, -10] both wont work. Also healing moves dont cause threat and they dont even work to remove it. could anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

i have kept trying and i really cant get healing spells to cause threat is that even possible, i have made taunt work by setting threat damage to false and i kind of understand why it doesn't work with it set to true but i really need a way around this because i want the threat to be based on damage done but for certain moves to do set amounts of threat and healing to do this as well.

also a (threat = ) on skills would be good so you can use a skill to set threat at a set amount no matter what it currently is.

i sorted the problem of heals not doing set threat by tweaking the script very slowly because its the first time ive touched it :p

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Skill Threat
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias skill_effect_threat skill_effect
  def skill_effect(user, skill)
    result = skill_effect_threat(user, skill)
    threat = user.is_a?(Game_Actor) && ThreatConfig.get_skill_threat(skill.id)
    if threat && damage.is_a?(Numeric) && damage > -9999
      user_threat, party_threat = threat[0], threat[1]
      for actor in $game_party.actors
        threat_plus = actor.id == user.id ? user_threat : party_threat
        actor.threat += threat_plus
      end
      if ThreatConfig::THREAT_BY_DAMAGE
        user.threat -= user_threat
        user.threat += self.damage
      end
    end
    return result