X and Y placement(RESOLVED)

Started by C.C. rOyAl, July 13, 2009, 11:41:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C. rOyAl

July 13, 2009, 11:41:10 pm Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:20:12 am by C.C. rOyAl
im tryin to design a hud for the Blizz-ABS and i was wondering, is there a way to tell where the x and y coordinates are. This is probably one of the most confusing parts to me in RGSS.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Aqua

X and Y coordinates of what?

Be more specific please.

C.C. rOyAl

like just x and y coordinates in general, is there an easy way to  tell what coordinates put things such as hp bars and stuff. or do u just play around with it until u get it where u want it

Aqua

Do you know what pixels are?
Each one on the screen is basically a coordinate.

So people usually just open up and image editting program to find the coordinates, since the programs display them.

C.C. rOyAl

ooooooohhhhhh i seeee, stupid me  :shy:
thanks aqua u may close this topic now

Ryex

for reference the game screen is 640 pixels wide and 480 tall, pixel (0, 0) in the top left corner. negative values and values of (681 for x 481 for y) or above are off the screen.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

C.C. rOyAl

G_G

oh and for another reference one square on the map is 32x32 pixels

fugibo

Quote from: game_guy on July 14, 2009, 02:16:26 am
oh and for another reference one square on the map is 32x32 pixels

Yes, and there are 20 x 15 of them, Battlebacks are 640 x 300 or something, icons are 24 x 24, and forever and ever we can list things. I think he gets how to use Paint/"Properties" now.

Holyrapid

battlebacks are 640*320 i think.

C.C. rOyAl

dang. thats a lot of references  :wacko: