Myriad souls: Embark (sign up/summary)

Started by legacyblade, July 17, 2009, 05:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

July 17, 2009, 05:25:00 pm Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:27:05 pm by legacyblade
So many lives, so many hearts...so many dreams. They live, fight then die, forgotten in the swiftly falling sands of time. The world is nothing but a myriad of souls, each faintly illuminating the dim world. However, there are a few souls so powerful, that their existence echoes through the fabric of time forever. They live forever, for the shadows of death are no match for them. They are reborn, coming once again to shape the fate of the world.

Myriad souls takes place in a rather dark fantasy world. A world of oppression, hatred, and demons. The story revolves greatly around Aveyar, an angel reborn in the body of a demon. The soul of a once dead god's angel has been reborn in a Faeleen, a persecuted race many believe to be demons. However, you can do whatever it is you wish (within reason). If you want to be a random bard that goes around searching for rare flowers, never fighting a single monster, go for it. This game should go on and on, there will not be an end.

You can do pretty much whatever you want in the story, but if it's something really big (like tearing a hole in the dimensional fabric and sucking most of the main characters into hell) you have to clear it with me first. If you want it to remain a secret, do so via PM. For battles between characters, we have a battle thread to resolve such things. If your character dies, you can just make a new one.

However, you may be any creature you want. Whether you want something as common as an elf, or a new creature you've created, you can be whatever you want to be. As long as you keep the race's power within reason (I'll judge this), make anything you want.

Please make each character and/or race its individual post.
(Yes, this means that double posting is allowed.)

Character Creation Format:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Race/Species (you can use one of the already made races, or make your own):[/b]

[b]Skills (put only as much detail as you want):[/b]

[b]Handicaps:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Looks:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Hometown:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b]

And if you want to make a race, you'll need to put it in the following format.

[b]Race Name:[/b]

[b]Description (what does it look like):[/b]

[b]More info (anything can go here, religion, habitat, etc.):[/b]

[b]Natural abilities (these need to be balanced by flaws):[/b]

[b]Handicaps (what is a drawback to being this race):[/b]

I will not allow for ubers in either character or race. We need to create balanced heroes. They can get stronger and uber later on, but it has to be justified storyline wise.

List of characters:
Aveyar
Varyn
Dikura
Yak
X'Xelivyre Blak

List of Races:
Human
Faeleen
Shadowmare
Water Elf
Grimthyln
Yama-Uba
Solus

The world of Myriad Souls: (recap of important events that have happened this far)

Spoiler: ShowHide

There are six major kingdoms, Belior, Malciun, Gilgris, Relfar, Terip, and Norampax (the Faeleen homeland). You can make other kingdoms if you wish, and you can even work on raising an army to take over an existing one (though this will require a lot of work). There will be military tactics involved. If a battle involving armies ever occurs, I will create a separate thread for military battles. All military actions must be posted there and I will judge (as well as play the Non-Player Armies).

Story Summary: (recap of important events that have happened this far)

Spoiler: ShowHide
Aveyar, a Faeleen mercenary, is hired to kill the shapeshifter Klara. However, he decides to spare her, and end his career as a mercenary. Rather, he is going to change the world. He's tired of bowing to humans, he will make his own nation. And he seeks the aid of Klara for this purpose. However, Leggex (a giant worm) and Cora (a powerful demigod) destroy the village nearby. In the chaos, Aveyar looses track of Klara (who he'd been trying to track down). Klara, Aveyar, and Kirema (a user of wind magic) end up in a cave. The soldiers pursue them, thinking they are the ones responsible. After fighting their way out of the cave, Aveyar goes berserk, almost as if another person were influencing his mind. When he comes to his senses, he is horrified at how he acted like a beast, and runs away. During this time, Klara and a gunsman named Yak kill Cora. After Aveyar recovers, he sets off in search of Klara. Klara is currently seeking a way to gain powerful necromantic powers, and decides to use Aveyar. Disguising herself as a fellow mercenary, Klara tags along, trying to find out Aveyar's true identity. However, something unexpected happens, as Aveyar is taken over by his other side. We don't know for sure who this other side is, but he shares Aveyar's name, and seems filled with magic. Whenever Aveyar is taken over, his eyes go silver. He nearly strangles Klara before the other side fades back into Aveyar's mind.

While traveling, Aveyar, Klara, and Deio stop in a local tavern for the night. Aveyar discovers Klara is the shapeshifter, but she manages to evade him. Taking the form of a Faeleen girl to disguise herself, she inadvertently caused Aveyar to fall in love with her. However, this made using him easier, so she worked at preserving these feelings. In the tavern, Aveyar and the girl were confronted by a slave owner named Koji. He demanded Aveyar give him the girl, and she be returned to her owner. Aveyar drew his sword, ready to fight to the death. However, a mysterious force warped everyone in the room to different locations. Aveyar found Klara once again, and they set off to a nearby cave. Aveyar promised to help her obtain an artifact in return for her help. In the cave, they ran into two girls, Sakura and Dikura. They were nature spirits, and Aveyar's alter ego fell in love with Sakura.

While in the cave, a shape shifting beast (not Klara) disguised itself as the Faeleen girl Aveyar had been in love with in order to get close enough to eat him. Dikura saw through this plan, and killed the beast. Aveyar went berserk and tapped into all the power of his other self at once. This tore a temperary hole in the dimensional fabric, and pulled Sakura, Dikura, Klara, Koji (who had been warped into the cave by that mysterious force), Aveyar, and Varyn into Melbyreth. Varyn is a man who can manipulate fire, and hears it's voice (it claims to be the mouthpiece of Namu, the god of justice).

Once in Melbyreth, Gemini (the original name of Aveyar's alter ego) feels the presence of his god once again.

If your character dies, you CAN create a new one. Also, there is no limit to the characters you can have, just keep it within reason. You must wait for your character to be approved before you can RP with them.

Aqua

Race Name:
Water Elf

Description:
Imbued with the power of the Heavenly Dew, water elves have superior natural healing abilities.  This allows for their beauty to be greatly refined and graceful.  They do not scar easily, and their pointed ears curve slightly downward at the tips, resembling a wave.

Water elves eyes the color of pools of water, and many have natural blue-tinted streaks in their hair.

More info:
Elves are creatures of nature who yield great magic bestowed upon them by Nature herself.
Every clan of elves specialize in an affinity of nature.

The Water Elves tap into the power of the Heavenly Dew.
This clan focuses more on healing and defensive magic than other clans.

Due to their reliance on water, they tend to live near where bodies of water are situated.

Their patron deity is the Moon.  As Her divine pull on the tides strengthens, so too does the power of water elves.

Natural abilities:
Elven Feats - Very agile and stealthy
Nature Talk - Allows elves to communicate with the spirits of nature
Heal - Heals a target's wounds
Rejuvenate - Removes fatigue from the target

Handicaps:
Heavily depends on water to survive

Aqua

Name:
Dikura

Race:
Water Elf

Skills:
Summon Phoenix Familiar - Summons my icy phoenix friend
Aqua Shot - Shoots a water projectile
Ice Tornado - A flurry of ice comes and slows the target
Frozen Arrow - A powerful shot with the power of ice
Phoenix Cry - A cry that stuns the enemies
Phoenix Dive - The phoenix dives at the enemy at the speed of sound
Handicaps:
Requires water for most skills
Has hard time reading the emotions of others that are not intuned with nature

Background:
I was born into the nobility of the elves, the High Elves.  Nobility isn't determined by wealth in elven culture, but the magic that one has and how he or she uses it.  Well, the magic that my family has is rare and revered.  So that's a little bit of my background.  And how I got here... well, I was sent on a mission by the Elders, so here I am.  What my mission is, I can't tell you.  But I'll need to succeed and wouldn't mind a little company and help with it.

Personality:
Serene, elegant, graceful.  All these words describe an elf.  So in turn, they describe me... sorta.  Yes, I'm kinda a klutz sometimes, but I'm serene, elegant, and graceful the rest of the times, right?  Right!  I'm also independent but do not shut everyone out.  I never give up without a fight and fight it until the end.  Oh and I also despise those sexist males who think that females are weak and powerless.  Hm... well that's all of me that I'm willing to reveal for now.  You'll just to figure out what I'm like...

Hometown:
Can't really tell you where it is, Elven Honor.  But I can tell you that it's near a lake that's in a forest.

Weapon:
Elven Staff & Elven Double Elbow Blade Bow

scoace13

...sicnce dieo's is dieing in my very next post do i have to rewrite his bio?
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

legacyblade

No. Kill him, then post the info of your new character here. If he's not a human, chose a premade race by another player, or post one. Make sure to keep the character and race in separate posts. Keeps things simpler.

scoace13

k...btw klara killed cora not leggx and can i blow up heaven?
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

legacyblade

No. Blowing up heaven is way to big. and I'll fix that in the summary. And post soon!

Fallen Angel X

Race Name: Grimthyln

Description:
Their species is distinct from others in appearance. Although they look mostly humanoid, they have several slight differences. They have horns on their head. Their hair colour is always red. They have pure white eyes. They have tentacles sprouting from the back but they have the capability of tucking it in, making it mostly unnoticable. They have tails as well.

More info:
Grimthyln have been around for many millenia. Their population is scarce and is divided around the world. It's said that Grimthyln originated in the Griorgthis forests. Several ancient ruins and underground caves have been discovered that proves that Grimthyln indeed have lived in the Griorgthis forests. Several manuscripts, old texts and artworks depict and tell the story of their origin and several other myths and legends that they had. However no proof has been found that these records are accurate. However this is what they show. The Grimthyln were created in the time of great warfare and tribal battles. Each tribe was desperately vying for new power that would lead them as leader of all tribes. This resulted into their advancing of military technology and the first primitive weapons were born. However a tribe that was superior in intellect pushed their military technologies to a whole new level. They had developed biological warfare, something none of the other tribes have ever seen. It was to lead them to greatness and glory however a small research institute malfunctioned. As an end result the workers and scientists there were mutated along with a portion of the tribe that lived near the research facility. The tribe declared biological warfare to dangerous to use and never unleashed it on their enemies. The mutated tribesmen became hated. They were dubbed as a subspecies only referred to as "3s". After several years of prosecution, they had an uprising bringing about the end of the tribe and the beginning of a new life. The 3s isolated themselves in the forests of Arkynt(Present day Griorgthis). They renamed themselves Grimthyln, which in their native tongue, means "Liberated 3s" and slipped away from the human world only to be forgotten. The species suddenly re-emerged however in the previous millenia due to several natural disasters pushing them from their homes. At first they were treated horribly but in time, they were able to overcome the social barriers. Many of them live good lives, quite a few are nobles. However some of them have returned home to Griorgthis, which they believe to be their true home.

Natural abilities:
   The use of their tentacles can give them an advantage in a fight. Their horns provide a nasty headbutt.

Handicaps:
   The race's use of magical abilities is highly unstable due to their altered genetics. It can lead to an overload of magic, where the user is unable to control their magic or a shortage, where magic cannot be summoned up at all. This tends to happen when the user is under stress.

Valcos

July 18, 2009, 12:57:09 am #8 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:14:18 am by Valcos
Me and Fax kicked Scoaces ass xD.

And since LB is leading now, I do not want his part as leader to be consumed with only his storyline. You got to take part in everyones character.

Name: Yak

Species: Human
Characteristics: Yak is 5'7 and about 140 pounds. Has medium length light brown hair and greyish/extremely light blue eyes. Wears well camouflaged clothes (when hiding in any type of terrain is almost unnoticable), he also carries around a liquor bottle.

Background: Yak lived most of his early childhood with his father because his mother had die after giving birth. After his father died in battle, at the age of two, his father's best friend and war buddy, Simo Hayha, decided it was the right thing to raise Yak. Since Yak being so young he doesn't remember much about his father. Simo, being a very skilled marksmen, taught Yak everything he knows. They spent every minute of the day together practicing. When Yak was 20, Simo had died while they were traveling in the snowy plains. By this time Simo was much older and was severely sick with long cancer. Before he died he passed down his rifle to Yak, telling him to continue the legacy of him and his father. After his death, a hawk flew in from the cold, to the cave where Simo had died, landing right his shoulder. The spirit of Simo Hayha had traveled into the body of this hawk. Yak and the bird instantly formed a unbreakable bond.

Hometown
: Unknown.
Personality: A happy person, that likes to drink... making him even more happy. For a very stealth like person he is usually open about himself, unlike his superior Simo Hayha. He likes to create Allies and help people, but does not like to be to personal with them.

Skills:

* Eagles Eye: Has to ability to see extremely long distances to pick out its targets or to scout an area.
    * White Death: Is his Allie/pet hawk. White Death is a Greater Spotted Eagle, that scouts and pin points Yaks targets, and also
                            warns him if there is danger near. White Death holds Simo Hayha spirit inside of it. White Death is Yaks Guardian Angel.
    * Unlimited Ammunition: Yak has the ability to have an endless supply of ammo for his Mosin-Nagant Rifle.
    * Bullet Time: It basically causes Yak to concentrate so well he can see everything in slow-motion.
    * Healing Spirit: Yak is a skilled healer and uses his healing abilities to heal himself and others when in need.
                             (is not a mass healing skill)
    * Agility: Has the ability to move quickly and change directions on a dime.
    * Camouflage: Can hide almost anywhere, being practically unnoticeable.
    * Hayha's Spirit: When in life threatening danger, Yak has the ability to fuse with his hawk making him a half breed of hawk and human, it
                          also unlocks his special move. After departing from each other the max amount of energy is lost and sends his body into
                          overdrive causing him to be unable to travel or battle for a period of time
    * Soul Piercer: When in Spirit Mode, Yak shoots out a spirited shot at the enemy's soul, causing damage to it.
    * Soul Reaping: When in Spirit Mode, Yak has the ability to reap enemy's souls. If the enemy soul is not strong, it will be easy
                         to reap. If the enemy has an average soul, it can be reap if the soul is damage, also the amount of souls able to
                         reap is limited. And if it is a very strong soul, it is only able to reap if the soul is severely damaged, you can only
                         reap one very strong soul. The souls that are reaped strengthen Yak and White Death after departing.
                         (Lol... i used the word "reap" alot =P)

Weapon
: Mosin-Nagant Rifle
Weapon History: The Mosin-Nagant Rifle Yak has, was passed down to him by a great sniper Simo Hayha. He received the rifle after
                      being his accomplice for many years. The sniper is just a normal bolt-action sniper with an iron sight. It is known for
                      its incredible accuracy and stopping power. When wielding this gun, its historical presence increases the sense and ability of
                      the person greatly. It is rumored to have killed over 10,000+.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

legacyblade

Quote from: Valcos on July 18, 2009, 12:57:09 am
Me and Fax kicked Scoaces ass xD.

And since LB is leading now, I do not want his part as leader to be consumed with only his storyline. You got to take part in everyones character.

Yes you did, XD And of course, I won't only focus on my story. If you're going to be involved in a different story, summarize what's happened to this point in a PM to me. I'll merge it into the story summery. I won't only focus on my storyline, whatever stories arise will also receive equal treatment. I need to add more details into FAX's actions and maybe mention a bit more of Scoace and your character Valcos.

Valcos

Lol, iight. So, I could conjure up a storyline of my character and give it to you, or something like that.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

Yyeah, perhaps you should split the story into different arcs. I mean, Koji and Yak had their own encounter unrelated to your story :P

legacyblade

July 18, 2009, 07:03:10 pm #12 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:08:52 pm by legacyblade
Yes, I like that arc idea. During the first ark, all the character were together. I think the second ark started once everyone was teleported. I want everyone's storylines covered equally, and as it stands the summary mainly focuses on my char, since I remember that story best. If you guys could each send me a brief summary of your story, then I'll redo the summary section.

Valcos

Ulta's original post: ShowHide
Quoteok, in this game you can be any mythological creature with ten skills(your power level must be kept within reason, I'll be the judge of it) and you can make up your own creature, but you'll have to make up lore for that creature, and others will be allowed to make one of that species too.

ok, so basically this is a purely for fun, neaerly plotless, humor but still serious RP designed to just go on and on.

in essence, everyone gets to decide what to do, can form there own groups within the game, can quest together, work alone, be thieves, rule over a mansion, attempt to kill eachother.

I'll be the person who judges battles, and I'll have a character in there, but he never fights, unless I can find another judge.

I'll decide what attacks hit, how they affect the person, and what arena parts are destroyed.

oh yeah, I'll also play as NPC characters.

you guys can all go try to take over a kingdom, which owuld mean fighting an enemy army, possibly with a rebel army of your own. your allowed to grow, so where you start with ten skills(fist and weapon fighting are automatic... but skills that like do something special with your fist or weapon, those count) by the time the game is over you could have... well, like, a hundred or something.

I don't want this game to die, so there is never a limit to how many can be playing at once.

also, therell be a third topic solely for battles, so that in the real topic you can write what actually happens in your own words, as what actually happened.

if two people decide an outcome of a fight before it starts, they may judge there own fight.

NO UBERS, my judging is designed to keep Ubers out, but if someone designs a character with Uber skills, or Ubers somehow, I will not let that character in.

everyone may have two characters.

there CAN be obvious breaks in power levels among characters, and I will take these into account when judging.

uhh... everyone is welcome so long as there Signup meets requirements.

just make them decent enough.

here they are

Name:
Surrounding Lore: (for made-up specieses)
Skills:
background:
personality:
Hometown:
Weapon:
Weapon History (if available)

btw, you guys can make up your own areas.

there are five kingdoms of which no players rule in the beginning: Belior, Malciun, Gilgris, Relfar and Terip. they have well-established armies, and it will take five people with a rebel army to have a chance of defeating the kingdom.

yes, they will use actual military tactics, which you won't know about, and will act as if I don't know about your plans since they must be posted about in this RP

NO DISCUSSING THE GAME OUTSIDE THE THREE MYRIAD SOULS THREADS!

well, this is Signup and Discussion, once I accept ten people it will start, but there is no limit.

uhh, if your guy dies you can make a new one.

This is the original post from Ulta. You have left out that the 5 kingdoms, which are named above. And, that this whole RP is not mainly

"Myriad souls takes place in a rather dark fantasy world. A world of oppression, hatred, and demons. The story revolves greatly around Aveyar, an angel reborn in the body of a demon. The soul of a once dead god's angel has been reborn in a Faeleen, a persecuted race many believe to be demons."

Though, it does have a big part of the story, it is not the whole thing.

I just want to keep it close to what Ulta started, and not let it get drifted off into something else.
-Oscar De La Hoya

legacyblade

July 18, 2009, 07:11:06 pm #14 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:40:53 pm by legacyblade
Oh of course. I'm actually working on making a map of the whole continent, and putting the capitol cities and the like on. Since we have little info about Ulta's world, I just put that little filler description there while I work on getting some maps, and more backstory to this world set up. Do you guys think that's a good idea? I don't want to totally take over and change every aspect of Myriad Souls, I just want to make it better. But I'll need help to do that, if you all don't mind. Any info you guys think should go into the first post, just tell me, and I'll work it into it.

-edit, It's been updated to include more of the original info and feel. Not trying to create something totally different, just organize it a bit better.

BTW, all the characters and races approved in the original myriad souls topic are still approved. Just to avoid confusion, they are

Characters: Klara, Koji, Yak, Sakura, Dikura, Deio, Cora, Leggex, Kirema (Dio's character), Aveyar, and Varyn

Races: Grimthyln, Water Elf, Human, Faeleen, Shadowmare, Baruka Wurm, Yama-Uba

Those are the races/characters used by the people that were active. And if you're playing still, please make a post with the race of the character you're using (if you're using more than one character, and each have a different race, please post each race in a separate post), and another post for your chracter(s) (one post for each character please). It's just to get things organized.

scoace13

July 18, 2009, 08:56:55 pm #15 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:02:34 pm by scoace13
...dieos dead...coras been dead and legggx is dead because he was dieo...and im going to dissapear from the rp for a very short time but i will return...

edit : on second thought i could just manage myu time better and actually write...juess im not leaving

Valcos

Alright, sounds good. You can add "Al Burn" to the cities list. It is a mining town northeast of Terip.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

July 18, 2009, 09:43:37 pm #17 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:02:03 pm by Fallen Angel X
Race Name: Yama-Uba

Description:

Yama-uba looks like an old woman, usually a hideous one. Her unkempt hair is long and golden white, and her kimono (usually red) is filthy and tattered. Her mouth is sometimes said to stretch the entire width of her face, and some depictions give her a second mouth at the top of her head. She is able to change her appearance, though, and she uses this tactic to great success in capturing her victims.

More info:

Yama-Uba are yokai in japanese folklore. The race may also be spelled as Yamamba or Yamanba. The yama-uba are monsters that take the form of the elderly. They are known for eating people, particularly travellers whom have gotten themselves lost near the Yama-Uba's home. They have the capabilities to shapeshift so as to make capturing their prey easier. They will usually change into the form of their victim's loved ones or a beautiful woman but often they retain the form of an old woman and play the part as a helpless old woman.  The yama-uba in Japan are used in the same way as the bogey man. The Yama-Uba was also known for it's skills in Sorcery, Potions and Poisons.

Natural abilities (these need to be balanced by flaws):

-Shafeshifting
-Mind-Reading(Just enough to be able to figure out your loved ones and works for the weak minded I guess ._.)
-Ability to turn her own hair into snakes
-the ability to devour someone whole(When you've completely earned their trust like in the folklore itself O.o)
-Sorcery
-Herblore

Handicaps (what is a drawback to being this race):
The yama-uba rely completely on manipulation. Otherwise, they are like an average normal human. They must also feed from time to time.

scoace13

...are cyborgs connsidered to neing a race?...i need a tpye of racye that can be tyied down purly y need of some natural substance for survival for my next char but i cant quite figure it out....help any one?

Fallen Angel X

Yes, I'm sure they would. Just make the bio and race info stuff on them, I s'pose. And damn, yay for awkward situations for Klara. What is this, the third one? xD

Starrodkirby86

...Uh, this has been really irking me lately, so let me just ask you a small favor?

Can you please change the topic title to 'summary'? Thanks. :>

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

@fax, yes that seems to be a habit of yours, awkward situations, XD Also, by drawbacks/handicaps, I think "limitations" might be a better word. It's just to balance it out. That make sense?

@Scoace, yah that'll be fine.

@Kirby, looks like someone already did :)

Fallen Angel X

LB, I think he was referring to the spelling error ._.

And limitation... =\ I thought it was fairly balanced. Considering they have to meet a lot of conditions and whatnot to use any of the efficient skills they have. They're not really adept at much else xD

Valcos

Quote from: scoace13 on July 18, 2009, 09:56:27 pm
...are cyborgs connsidered to neing a race?...i need a tpye of racye that can be tyied down purly y need of some natural substance for survival for my next char but i cant quite figure it out....help any one?

What? :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

scoace13

@LB was the ever a war between humans and Faeleens?

legacyblade

July 19, 2009, 02:11:02 pm #25 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:41:52 pm by legacyblade
@Fax, I know your races were both balanced. We can remove it if you guys want to, the handicaps section, it's just a reminder to not make an an uber race.

@Valcos, I think he said he wanted a cyborg like creature that requires a certain natural substance as fuel.

@scoace, I'd hardly call it a war. The humans had more military power, since they compose the majority of the world. Faeleens were persecuted, and eventually enslaved (aside from a small Faeleen "kingdom" in the mountains that manages to stay free)

Fallen Angel X

Really, LB, you needn't put my name twice :P Oh yeah, just to remind you guys, Koji had his adventurer friends stay at Al Burn. This is because they weren't teleported with Koji. So Valcos, I think the town should be relatively safe.

Valcos

Lol, almost forgot about them. Damn, they better not be stealing my kill!? I hate ksers! >:(
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

July 20, 2009, 10:47:45 pm #28 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:53:12 pm by Fallen Angel X
Course not. They have no clue about its weakness and they have no leader. The best they can do is drive it away from Al Burn.

LB, post! I feel as though I've got a plan XD Oh, and how's that buffer coming along? :3

legacyblade

Sorry guys. Am sick. Will be absent a few more days.

scoace13

July 22, 2009, 04:23:10 pm #30 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:46:37 pm by scoace13
Race Name:
Solus

Description (what does it look like):
genarally Solus look like regular humans because they are regular humans. Except for the fact that they were exposed to IC2 and mutated to some degree wheter it be an internal mutatiuon or external mutations.

More info (anything can go here, religion, habitat, etc.):
generally solus are said to be faeleen biological weapons as a majority of the solus population was created in the final battle of the Faeleen Battles when IC2 was first used. thare have been other reported cases of solus taking diffrent form but thay are genarally dissmissed as false or unfounded.

IC2: is the chemical weapon used in the final battle of the faeleen battles most of the Solus were spawned from this battle and those that weren't driven to suicide are kept in an underground hanger in Scirvalnc Colony as Bio-weapons of mass destruction. (note all solus must start out here unless they have a reason why inside their bio)

Natural abilities (these need to be balanced by flaws):
*too widely dispersed to be accurately stated

Handicaps (what is a drawback to being this race):
* all members of this race are affected by extreme debilitating psychological attack due to infection of IC2 and any natural powers or abilities of theirs are severly weakened because of this.

scoace13

July 22, 2009, 04:24:03 pm #31 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:48:08 pm by scoace13
Name:
X'Xelivyre Blak  (pronounced: x zavire black)
Race/Species :
Solus (pronounced: sole)
Skills :
* Manipulating Shadows:
*Creating Illusions:
*Shadow Illusion Merging: blak merges a shadow into an illusion making it solid
*Split Consciousness: Blak and X'Xelivyre can split their consciousness either by dividing up the one body or completely separating by one transferring their conscious into either Blak's or a nearby shadow. If  Blak's shadow is used the cost increase isn't as great as it would be otherwise but they must stay within 100 feet of each other. Or if another shadow is used there is a 500 foot limit to their distance but the cost of either trying to use any skill or magic is increased. In split consciousness they can still communicate to each other via a shadow link. Split consciousness requires 0 energy
*Drain: (the faeleen drain skill) this skill drains mana/life from a target and refills the users mana. Can also be used on electronic devices to recharge the suit. Unless it is used on an electric device then the user must be in contact with the target
* Focus: can manipulate elements in his immediate vicinity with limited effect unless Xelivyre is executing the skill.
*Impact: (the faeleen skill)...

Program Skills: (program skill are those special techniques and skills loaded onto skill chips that executes certain programs within the suit and adds extra abilities at the cost of power)
None (for the moment)

Handicaps:
*Prone to severely disabling psychological attacks.
*Even in his faeleen consciousness his magic is still restricted to the immediate area around him though it has greater effect on that area than does his normal consciousness.
*When the suit runs out of power he is unable to use any program skills whatsoever.
*In his faeleen consciousness his program skill have their effect severely reduced, however because some of the power can be offset by magic the cost is slightly reduced as well.
*Shadow control and illusions require energy which can be substituted for power from the suit.
*When they completely split consciousness the cost of all attacks requiring power, magic, or energy is increased.
*if they over step their boundries in split consciousness
Background:
Blak was borne into a prestigious family that was well known for its illusionists. However with his parents always out abroad performing he was generally left to himself as a child and eventually became a delinquent using his family's influence and power to defer any punishment brought upon him because of his actions. Eventually his family disowned him and he was apprehended for his actions. As punishment he was sent to the church of Avur. In the church he was taught basic shadow manipulation but he never mastered it as he ran away from the church a year after he was sent there. Caught again he was sent this time to the army where he fought in the final battle of the faeleen war in the Scirvalnc army. It was at this time that the Scirvalnc army put the new chemical weapon IC2 into combat use and he being a new recruit became one of the first field testers. During the battle he came into contact with X'Xelivyre it was during this chance encounter that the IC2 container became unstable and exploded around them altering their genetics and binding their consciousness together.
Personality:
extremely introverted, and severely unstable at times.  
Hometown:
Scirvalnc Colony
Weapon:

X'Xelivyre's thin sword and Blak's standard issue fully automatic pistol.

i hope this is good enought

edit:(i really want sure where to put this)
spells and skills and what nots are fueled (depending on their source) either by power from his combat suit (commonly reffered to as the suit) or if it comes from with in such as a faeleen spell then by mana.
blak was originally human before he became a solus.
his illuisons and shadow control rely solely on his energy ther is no changing this EVER.

legacyblade

July 26, 2009, 09:51:07 pm #32 Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:07:49 am by legacyblade
He sounds like a really interesting character to RP, I'm excited to see what you do with him. I think you might have some trouble RPing the use of certain aspects of the Faeleen magic system (Impact and draining), but I wish you luck!

(now that his post is edited by him to contain all needed information, removing excess posts so the thread stays cleaner)

Fallen Angel X

Race Name: Angel Caido

Description:

These angels have two forms. One to walk amongst mere mortals and their true forms. Their true forms look like angels from present day Christian beliefs, however, more twisted and dark. Some of them have deformities and modifications to their physical make-up. For example, they may have extra arms. Their other form looks like an ordinary human.

More info:

The Angel Caido are fallen angels who have defected from the service of god. They despise any who worship Him and serve lords of the darknesses. They live in hell and some choose to disguise themselves as mere mortals, wreaking havoc. They are creatures of darkness and as such, thrive in places with great suffering and evil. They despise all who act for justice and the good of the people. They strive to bring an end to them all. There are also factions within the darkness and at times these angels are at war amongst themselves.

Natural Abilities:

These angels have the ability to manifest their true form on the mortal plane for a short period of time. Their true form is a mighty perverse power feared by most.

Handicaps:

The usage of their true form drains their stamina completely and they will collapse for 3 days before they can move once more. Also, their mortal forms have little to no power.

legacyblade

July 31, 2009, 07:24:42 pm #34 Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:02:51 am by legacyblade
Oh, forgot to say. Race accepted.

-edit.

BTW, if you guys haven't seen it yet, check out Myriad Souls Episode 2 on my site. here's a link (if you didn't notice the hyper links :P)

http://spencerconrad.com/?p=134

Fallen Angel X

Name: Xexus

Race/Species: Angel Caido(Fallen Angel)

Skills:

- Corrupt Transcendence: Transforms from human form to Divine form. Lasts 30 minutes in the mortal plane. Sustainable in divine/corrupt areas like heaven and hell. Once used, the user must recuperate for 3 days. In that time movement is very minimal.

- Myriad Cannon: Charges his corrupt power into a single devastating beam. Usable only in Divine form. Reduces time in Divine form by 15 minutes in the Mortal Plane. In divin/corrupt areas, it has a cooldown of 12 hours.

- World Walker: The user is capable of travelling from dimension to dimension. It cannot be used while recuperating from Corrupt Transcendence. It can be only be used prior to transforming and completely drains ability to transform for 3 days.

- Judgement Barrage: Fires a barrage of corrupt energy at a target. Useable only in Corrupt Transcendence form. Each shot takes 30 seconds off of the user's remaining time in Divine Transcendence form.

- Close Quarters Master: Masterful use of all weapons dealing with close quarters combat. This takes effect even in human form.

- Flare: Weak fire magic skill. Usable in Human form.

Handicaps: Highly reliant on divine form. Human form is extremely vulnerable but not completely defenseless. Cooldown times are damaging to the race as well. It is extremely vulnerable after it's usage of Corrupt Transcendence.

Background: Xexus has existed since the dawn of man. He fell to the corruption and greed of the human soul. He cut off his ties with heaven and wrought destruction upon the Earth. He was the grand architect of the war that spawned the Grimthyln. He had also played a small role in the world's hatred of Faeleens. He serves no master except himself, however, he will help other lords of darkness as he sees fit. He joined a group of angels who fell and serves alongside them. Although there is no official ruler amongst them, Raphael's dark counterpart, Xuse, has taken charge time after time. Xexus respects Xuse, and seeks to instill darkness upon the world. However, talks of a being born from the darkness have arisen. It is rumored that it has the capabilities of ascending as a fallen angel. Xexus has begun his search for this dark terrible creature and seeks to ally with it.

Looks:
Human form: ShowHide

Divine Form: ShowHide

Personality: Xexus is the corrupt form of Gabriel. He misleads others into doing wrongs as he masquerades as a messenger of the "divine one". He has a sadistic personality, like most creatures born out of the darkness. He enjoys creatures writhing in pain. He is also known, like most other creatures of evil, to betray his own allies if they are of no use to him. He speaks in a cryptic tone if he speaks at all and seeks only to spread suffering and anguish.

Hometown: The fiery depths of the underworld.

Weapon: Soul Seethers (Dual Wield), a pair of swords born out of a corrupt human. Xexus slaughtered the man and used his soul to forge these weapons. Devil's Reavers, a pair of axes said to have been forged by the devil himself. Xexus was given these weapons when he became part of the Fallen Angel group.

legacyblade

August 08, 2009, 04:15:11 pm #36 Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:23:49 pm by legacyblade
Sounds good. Just make sure not to go uber with him (which is very possible if you bend your rules much) Accepted

-edit.

New episode of Myriad Souls, check it out all you Myriad Soul RPers.

Fallen Angel X

August 09, 2009, 04:48:07 pm #37 Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:01:16 am by Fallen Angel X
Me? Bend rules? Why I'd never do such a thing xP But he's got the same initials as me :P Fallen Angel(Angel Caido) X lol wewt wewt

EDIT: btw, when's episode 4 coming out? It just became Sunday over here xD

legacyblade

Sorry, I got dragged away on vacation. I had episode 4 written, it's just that I didn't have the actual system of the buffer set up. (thus, it didn't get posted). And it seems that while I was gone my main computer broke, taking episodes 4 and 5 down to the abyss...NUUUU I have to rewrite. Anyways, I'm back. This time, no Diablos Ex Machina will take me away from Myriad Souls

Fallen Angel X

lol, still waiting, btw. Also, Myriad episodes haven't been updated >8P

legacyblade

Oh yah, that's what I was going to do today, write Myriad Episodes, lol.