Myriad souls: Embark (sign up/summary)

Started by legacyblade, July 17, 2009, 05:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

...Uh, this has been really irking me lately, so let me just ask you a small favor?

Can you please change the topic title to 'summary'? Thanks. :>

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

@fax, yes that seems to be a habit of yours, awkward situations, XD Also, by drawbacks/handicaps, I think "limitations" might be a better word. It's just to balance it out. That make sense?

@Scoace, yah that'll be fine.

@Kirby, looks like someone already did :)

Fallen Angel X

LB, I think he was referring to the spelling error ._.

And limitation... =\ I thought it was fairly balanced. Considering they have to meet a lot of conditions and whatnot to use any of the efficient skills they have. They're not really adept at much else xD

Valcos

Quote from: scoace13 on July 18, 2009, 09:56:27 pm
...are cyborgs connsidered to neing a race?...i need a tpye of racye that can be tyied down purly y need of some natural substance for survival for my next char but i cant quite figure it out....help any one?

What? :huh:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

scoace13

@LB was the ever a war between humans and Faeleens?
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

legacyblade

July 19, 2009, 02:11:02 pm #25 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:41:52 pm by legacyblade
@Fax, I know your races were both balanced. We can remove it if you guys want to, the handicaps section, it's just a reminder to not make an an uber race.

@Valcos, I think he said he wanted a cyborg like creature that requires a certain natural substance as fuel.

@scoace, I'd hardly call it a war. The humans had more military power, since they compose the majority of the world. Faeleens were persecuted, and eventually enslaved (aside from a small Faeleen "kingdom" in the mountains that manages to stay free)

Fallen Angel X

Really, LB, you needn't put my name twice :P Oh yeah, just to remind you guys, Koji had his adventurer friends stay at Al Burn. This is because they weren't teleported with Koji. So Valcos, I think the town should be relatively safe.

Valcos

Lol, almost forgot about them. Damn, they better not be stealing my kill!? I hate ksers! >:(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

July 20, 2009, 10:47:45 pm #28 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:53:12 pm by Fallen Angel X
Course not. They have no clue about its weakness and they have no leader. The best they can do is drive it away from Al Burn.

LB, post! I feel as though I've got a plan XD Oh, and how's that buffer coming along? :3

legacyblade

Sorry guys. Am sick. Will be absent a few more days.

scoace13

July 22, 2009, 04:23:10 pm #30 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:46:37 pm by scoace13
Race Name:
Solus

Description (what does it look like):
genarally Solus look like regular humans because they are regular humans. Except for the fact that they were exposed to IC2 and mutated to some degree wheter it be an internal mutatiuon or external mutations.

More info (anything can go here, religion, habitat, etc.):
generally solus are said to be faeleen biological weapons as a majority of the solus population was created in the final battle of the Faeleen Battles when IC2 was first used. thare have been other reported cases of solus taking diffrent form but thay are genarally dissmissed as false or unfounded.

IC2: is the chemical weapon used in the final battle of the faeleen battles most of the Solus were spawned from this battle and those that weren't driven to suicide are kept in an underground hanger in Scirvalnc Colony as Bio-weapons of mass destruction. (note all solus must start out here unless they have a reason why inside their bio)

Natural abilities (these need to be balanced by flaws):
*too widely dispersed to be accurately stated

Handicaps (what is a drawback to being this race):
* all members of this race are affected by extreme debilitating psychological attack due to infection of IC2 and any natural powers or abilities of theirs are severly weakened because of this.
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

scoace13

July 22, 2009, 04:24:03 pm #31 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:48:08 pm by scoace13
Name:
X'Xelivyre Blak  (pronounced: x zavire black)
Race/Species :
Solus (pronounced: sole)
Skills :
* Manipulating Shadows:
*Creating Illusions:
*Shadow Illusion Merging: blak merges a shadow into an illusion making it solid
*Split Consciousness: Blak and X'Xelivyre can split their consciousness either by dividing up the one body or completely separating by one transferring their conscious into either Blak's or a nearby shadow. If  Blak's shadow is used the cost increase isn't as great as it would be otherwise but they must stay within 100 feet of each other. Or if another shadow is used there is a 500 foot limit to their distance but the cost of either trying to use any skill or magic is increased. In split consciousness they can still communicate to each other via a shadow link. Split consciousness requires 0 energy
*Drain: (the faeleen drain skill) this skill drains mana/life from a target and refills the users mana. Can also be used on electronic devices to recharge the suit. Unless it is used on an electric device then the user must be in contact with the target
* Focus: can manipulate elements in his immediate vicinity with limited effect unless Xelivyre is executing the skill.
*Impact: (the faeleen skill)...

Program Skills: (program skill are those special techniques and skills loaded onto skill chips that executes certain programs within the suit and adds extra abilities at the cost of power)
None (for the moment)

Handicaps:
*Prone to severely disabling psychological attacks.
*Even in his faeleen consciousness his magic is still restricted to the immediate area around him though it has greater effect on that area than does his normal consciousness.
*When the suit runs out of power he is unable to use any program skills whatsoever.
*In his faeleen consciousness his program skill have their effect severely reduced, however because some of the power can be offset by magic the cost is slightly reduced as well.
*Shadow control and illusions require energy which can be substituted for power from the suit.
*When they completely split consciousness the cost of all attacks requiring power, magic, or energy is increased.
*if they over step their boundries in split consciousness
Background:
Blak was borne into a prestigious family that was well known for its illusionists. However with his parents always out abroad performing he was generally left to himself as a child and eventually became a delinquent using his family's influence and power to defer any punishment brought upon him because of his actions. Eventually his family disowned him and he was apprehended for his actions. As punishment he was sent to the church of Avur. In the church he was taught basic shadow manipulation but he never mastered it as he ran away from the church a year after he was sent there. Caught again he was sent this time to the army where he fought in the final battle of the faeleen war in the Scirvalnc army. It was at this time that the Scirvalnc army put the new chemical weapon IC2 into combat use and he being a new recruit became one of the first field testers. During the battle he came into contact with X'Xelivyre it was during this chance encounter that the IC2 container became unstable and exploded around them altering their genetics and binding their consciousness together.
Personality:
extremely introverted, and severely unstable at times.  
Hometown:
Scirvalnc Colony
Weapon:

X'Xelivyre's thin sword and Blak's standard issue fully automatic pistol.

i hope this is good enought

edit:(i really want sure where to put this)
spells and skills and what nots are fueled (depending on their source) either by power from his combat suit (commonly reffered to as the suit) or if it comes from with in such as a faeleen spell then by mana.
blak was originally human before he became a solus.
his illuisons and shadow control rely solely on his energy ther is no changing this EVER.

legacyblade

July 26, 2009, 09:51:07 pm #32 Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:07:49 am by legacyblade
He sounds like a really interesting character to RP, I'm excited to see what you do with him. I think you might have some trouble RPing the use of certain aspects of the Faeleen magic system (Impact and draining), but I wish you luck!

(now that his post is edited by him to contain all needed information, removing excess posts so the thread stays cleaner)

Fallen Angel X

Race Name: Angel Caido

Description:

These angels have two forms. One to walk amongst mere mortals and their true forms. Their true forms look like angels from present day Christian beliefs, however, more twisted and dark. Some of them have deformities and modifications to their physical make-up. For example, they may have extra arms. Their other form looks like an ordinary human.

More info:

The Angel Caido are fallen angels who have defected from the service of god. They despise any who worship Him and serve lords of the darknesses. They live in hell and some choose to disguise themselves as mere mortals, wreaking havoc. They are creatures of darkness and as such, thrive in places with great suffering and evil. They despise all who act for justice and the good of the people. They strive to bring an end to them all. There are also factions within the darkness and at times these angels are at war amongst themselves.

Natural Abilities:

These angels have the ability to manifest their true form on the mortal plane for a short period of time. Their true form is a mighty perverse power feared by most.

Handicaps:

The usage of their true form drains their stamina completely and they will collapse for 3 days before they can move once more. Also, their mortal forms have little to no power.

legacyblade

July 31, 2009, 07:24:42 pm #34 Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:02:51 am by legacyblade
Oh, forgot to say. Race accepted.

-edit.

BTW, if you guys haven't seen it yet, check out Myriad Souls Episode 2 on my site. here's a link (if you didn't notice the hyper links :P)

http://spencerconrad.com/?p=134

Fallen Angel X

Name: Xexus

Race/Species: Angel Caido(Fallen Angel)

Skills:

- Corrupt Transcendence: Transforms from human form to Divine form. Lasts 30 minutes in the mortal plane. Sustainable in divine/corrupt areas like heaven and hell. Once used, the user must recuperate for 3 days. In that time movement is very minimal.

- Myriad Cannon: Charges his corrupt power into a single devastating beam. Usable only in Divine form. Reduces time in Divine form by 15 minutes in the Mortal Plane. In divin/corrupt areas, it has a cooldown of 12 hours.

- World Walker: The user is capable of travelling from dimension to dimension. It cannot be used while recuperating from Corrupt Transcendence. It can be only be used prior to transforming and completely drains ability to transform for 3 days.

- Judgement Barrage: Fires a barrage of corrupt energy at a target. Useable only in Corrupt Transcendence form. Each shot takes 30 seconds off of the user's remaining time in Divine Transcendence form.

- Close Quarters Master: Masterful use of all weapons dealing with close quarters combat. This takes effect even in human form.

- Flare: Weak fire magic skill. Usable in Human form.

Handicaps: Highly reliant on divine form. Human form is extremely vulnerable but not completely defenseless. Cooldown times are damaging to the race as well. It is extremely vulnerable after it's usage of Corrupt Transcendence.

Background: Xexus has existed since the dawn of man. He fell to the corruption and greed of the human soul. He cut off his ties with heaven and wrought destruction upon the Earth. He was the grand architect of the war that spawned the Grimthyln. He had also played a small role in the world's hatred of Faeleens. He serves no master except himself, however, he will help other lords of darkness as he sees fit. He joined a group of angels who fell and serves alongside them. Although there is no official ruler amongst them, Raphael's dark counterpart, Xuse, has taken charge time after time. Xexus respects Xuse, and seeks to instill darkness upon the world. However, talks of a being born from the darkness have arisen. It is rumored that it has the capabilities of ascending as a fallen angel. Xexus has begun his search for this dark terrible creature and seeks to ally with it.

Looks:
Human form: ShowHide

Divine Form: ShowHide

Personality: Xexus is the corrupt form of Gabriel. He misleads others into doing wrongs as he masquerades as a messenger of the "divine one". He has a sadistic personality, like most creatures born out of the darkness. He enjoys creatures writhing in pain. He is also known, like most other creatures of evil, to betray his own allies if they are of no use to him. He speaks in a cryptic tone if he speaks at all and seeks only to spread suffering and anguish.

Hometown: The fiery depths of the underworld.

Weapon: Soul Seethers (Dual Wield), a pair of swords born out of a corrupt human. Xexus slaughtered the man and used his soul to forge these weapons. Devil's Reavers, a pair of axes said to have been forged by the devil himself. Xexus was given these weapons when he became part of the Fallen Angel group.

legacyblade

August 08, 2009, 04:15:11 pm #36 Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:23:49 pm by legacyblade
Sounds good. Just make sure not to go uber with him (which is very possible if you bend your rules much) Accepted

-edit.

New episode of Myriad Souls, check it out all you Myriad Soul RPers.

Fallen Angel X

August 09, 2009, 04:48:07 pm #37 Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:01:16 am by Fallen Angel X
Me? Bend rules? Why I'd never do such a thing xP But he's got the same initials as me :P Fallen Angel(Angel Caido) X lol wewt wewt

EDIT: btw, when's episode 4 coming out? It just became Sunday over here xD

legacyblade

Sorry, I got dragged away on vacation. I had episode 4 written, it's just that I didn't have the actual system of the buffer set up. (thus, it didn't get posted). And it seems that while I was gone my main computer broke, taking episodes 4 and 5 down to the abyss...NUUUU I have to rewrite. Anyways, I'm back. This time, no Diablos Ex Machina will take me away from Myriad Souls

Fallen Angel X

lol, still waiting, btw. Also, Myriad episodes haven't been updated >8P