[RESOLVED] Skills Based On State Problem

Started by Hellfire Dragon, July 19, 2009, 12:21:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

July 19, 2009, 12:21:30 pm Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:44:58 pm by Hellfire Dragon
Okay, I'm only posting the problem here because I can't post in event system troubleshooting for some reason :P Anyway here's the problem,
Okay I have a commmon event that checks whether or not the state is inflicted on actor 1 and then checks if switch is on, if the switch the on the skill is learned, if the actor doesn't have the state inflicted then all the state skills are removed.
Spoiler: ShowHide

That's no problem, now here's the problem, I was going to set to up another event to check if the player learnt one of the state skills then turn a switch on and remove the skill, this won't work because the player can't have the skill if their in the state and as long as the event that checks if the player learnt the skill is on it will continue to turn the switch on and remove the skill...
See my problem?

Aqua

I actually don't understand what your problem is... o.o

Do you have a screenshot of the eventing that is causing you problems? XD

Hellfire Dragon

No, I need another event but I don't know how I'd set it up. I thought what i had in mind would work but it won't. See I was going to set up another event that checks is the player learnt the skill then the event would turn a switch on and remove the skill, the switch that turned on would be in a conditional branch in the first event. If the switch is on then the player learns the skill. So as you can see in the screenshot of the first event, it checks whether the player has the state inflicted, if it is inflicted then it continues to check a series of switches, if they're on the player learns a skill if they're not on, the player doesn't, if the state isn't inflicted all of the state skills are removed.
The second event I had in mind wouldn't work, the event is checking if the player learnt a skill, if the player learnt the skill, a switch turned on and the player forgot that skill until they had the state inflicted, but since that event is checking if the player has the state inflicted gives the player the skill back, the second one would take it away...
I'm no good at explaining things but see if get it now.

Aqua

Don't have the second one take away the skill, as the first one takes care of that if you don't have the state.

Hellfire Dragon

NVM I got it working, ty anyways Aqua ;)

Blizzard

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on July 19, 2009, 12:21:30 pm
I'm only posting the problem here because I can't post in event system troubleshooting for some reason :P

*slaps self* Fixed.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.